Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting note from Chad Fords Chat

Rhett (Toronto)

You still have Dion Waiters going to the Raptors, Chad. But all we keep hearing up here is that the Raptors are likely to move the pick. Any idea who would be available for the 8th pick in the draft?

Chad Ford**(1:15 PM)

I agree that the Raptors are looking to move the pick. They've been trying to package it with another young player like Ed Davis and a vet (Bargnani or Calderon). I think they want a big time player on the wing so that they can lure Steve Nash this summer. The guy most people in the league believe they are after via trade is Rudy Gay. If they stay at 8, they want a player who can get to the basket. Thus ... Waiters at 8.

Trent (Canada)

How does Lillard compare as a prospect to Kemba Walker last year? They seem to have similar measurables and college stats.

Chad Ford**(1:21 PM)

Lillard's a much better shooter. He's bigger. Has more of a NBA body. He's probably a more explosive leaper. Walker obviously had much more experience playing against top competition and developed into more of a point guard. I think Lillard is a better prospect ...

Yoel (Israel)

Last year the Cavs surprised everyone by taking Tristan Thompson 4th. Who could be the surprise pick this year?

Chad Ford**(1:35 PM)

John Henson going No. 5 to the Kings. Moe Harkless going No. 8 to the Raptors.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Bargnani is getting shopped around according to Chad Ford. The Raptors would have to get a scorer in return.

Comment

• Yeah I said it before, I wouldn't be shocked if he got moved. Casey and BC can glow about him all they want but it seems they always throw in the proverbial "if" when talking about Bargs.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bargs makes zero sense on the grizz tho.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Bargs makes zero sense on the grizz tho.
            Calderon might though. They get nice cap relief in a year. Also don't rule out a third party.

Comment

• True enough
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• From Mark Stein and Chad Ford in Truehoop on Raptors efforts to deal the #8 pick:

The Toronto Raptors know exactly what they want out of the 2012 NBA draft:

An established, athletic wing man.

And that's why the Raptors have already made it known to rival teams that their lottery pick on June 28 -- No. 8 overall -- is available to a trade partner that can provide the elite small forward they seek, according to sources close to the situation.

With a slew of league execs having converged on Chicago this week for the NBA's annual pre-draft camp, sources told ESPN.com that the Raptors have at least two known trade targets: Memphis swingman Rudy Gay and Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala.

The Raptors, sources said, are prepared to part with their lottery pick in this month's draft at least partly because they have a lottery pick on the way. Lithuanian star Jonas Valanciunas, selected No. 5 overall by Toronto in the 2011 draft, is poised to join the Raptors next season after the young 7-footer quickly established himself as one of the most exciting big men in Europe.

Yet it remains to be seen whether Toronto can manufacture the other assets needed to go with the No. 8 to tempt Memphis or Philly or any other team that surfaces with a top swingman available. Veteran point guard Jose Calderon (who possesses an expiring contract in 2012-13) and young big man Ed Davis are among the players that the Raptors would conceivably be willing to put into a trade package.

As ESPN.com reported Sunday, Toronto also plans to be a determined suitor in free agency for Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash, hoping to bring Canada's former Olympic basketball captain and newly installed general manager of the senior national team back to home soil.

But if the Raptors decide, in the end, not to make a draft-night deal and keep the pick, they're expected to focus on the top guards that could be available at No. 8. Sources say that Toronto is intrigued by Syracuse's Dion Walters, UConn's Jeremy Lamb and Weber State's Damian Lillard.

Comment

• Moving the pick for Iguodala would be a huge mistake. I like iggy a lot, but it would be stupid to move a lotto pick in this draft for a guy with declining abilities.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    Moving the pick for Iguodala would be a huge mistake. I like iggy a lot, but it would be stupid to move a lotto pick in this draft for a guy with declining abilities.
                    Agree. I like moving for Gay and Memphis' pick but not for Iggy.

Comment

• I would immediately disavow BC (that's more civilized than disembowel).

(in reply to Ceez)

Comment

• this is a case of the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, keep the god dam draft pick neither are going to bring us a championship

Comment

• I don't understand this move. Why is BC once again swinging for the fences? It's not yet time for this franchise to attempt such a big leap. I would love to see Gay and Nash on the team as much as anyone, but would they be enough to contend for a championship?

Comment

• Unless its to get Gay I agree now is not the time to start trading picks. It's not like we're a piece or two away from contending.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Doesn't surprise me. I knew it was a matter of time. This is Bryan Colangelo were talking about. You had to be kidding yourself if you thought he was actually going to do a real, natural rebuilding. Contract year go big or go home. He actually can't afford to not make the playoffs this year.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Well if we do keep the pick this should be the dude

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X