No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody always looks soooo good i these compilation videos. One thing struck me was how far behind the arc he was in his 3 pt shooting.

Comment

• What do you guys think about Jeremy Lamb's ceiling? I'm guessing this has been discussed, but I thought i'd bring it up anyway. He seems to have well above average ballhandling skills for a guy his size, so if he can become a better pure shooter I feel like he could have the tools to be a top notch scorer in the league. Thoughts?

Comment

• The more I read/see of Lillard, the more I like him with the 8th pick. I was high on Kemba last year, and for all intents and purposes, Lillard seems to be a better prospect than Kemba.

I'm not overly concerned about Lillard's weaknesses (defence, midrange, distribution). I think those areas can be improved on over time, especially considering all the praise regarding his character and work ethic.

Comment

• 2 Interesting Articles on CNNSI today:

1) 08:17 AM ET 06.07 | One thing the Rockets have is youth -- perhaps too much youth. [If they draft two more high-end players with their picks at Nos. 14 and 16], they would have at least five players with either one season or no NBA experience. ... Fill the roster with that many rookies and several important young prospects don't play at all. Fill the rotation with that many rookies and your team loses. The Rockets would love to use the picks to help facilitate their long-sought blockbuster deal. They would like to use the picks to move up in this season's draft. They would even like, if all else fails, to use the pick to have a pick in 2013, instead of two this season.
          Houston Chronicle

2) 08:13 AM ET 06.07 | This year's draft has less to do with the future than the present in Toronto. [The Raptors] know exactly what they want out of the 2012 NBA draft: An established, athletic wing man. And that's why the Raptors have already made it known to rival teams that their lottery pick on June 28 -- No. 8 overall -- is available to a trade partner that can provide the elite small forward they seek, according to sources close to the situation. With a slew of league execs having converged on Chicago this week for the NBA's annual pre-draft camp, sources told ESPN.com that the Raptors have at least two known trade targets: Memphis swingman Rudy Gay and Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala.
          ESPN.com

We all obviously expected/knew about the 2nd story, but the 1st story intrigues me as a Raptors fan too. If the Raps do trade away the #8 pick, I like the idea of trading our 2013 1st round pick for Houston's #14 pick this season. Toronto could possibly get one of the players they like at #14 (ie: Marshall, Waiters, Lamb). This is another rumor, along with the New Orleans rumor about including #10 with Ariza/Okafor, that Toronto could conceivably investigate as a means of getting back into the lottery.
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• is there a live stream of the combine its not on nba tv

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              is there a live stream of the combine its not on nba tv
              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...drills-preview

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                is there a live stream of the combine its not on nba tv
                http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...t-combine.html

It's pretty boring though.

Comment

• sounds like most of the lotto players are sitting them out
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Draft Combine Day 1 Analysis

SwishScout
                    Some early surprises:
                    Miles Plumlee recorded an astounding 41” vertical leap in a prior draft workout, the biggest ever recorded for a player bigger than 6’7”. Showed off some nice post quickness and is a name rising up the board with his post presence and potential to rebound and D up.
                    NBADraft.net
                    Some more early surprises:
                    Terrence Jones stood out, showing aggression defending the post, a more polished back to the basket game and confident/soft midrange jumper. Earlier in the day he caught a pass on the baseline and exploded at the rim for a dunk over his defender.

Comment

• Draft Combine News

Via Twitter
                      https://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider
                      Not surprised to see a team lock-up Waiters. After more game film and seeing him dominate in Vegas, teams were going to fall in love
                      Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
                      Not surprised to see a team lock-up Waiters. After more game film and seeing him dominate in Vegas, teams were going to fall in love
                      Lots of teams buzzing about a Dion Waiters promise. Teams say he's canceled all upcoming workouts. Blazers, Raptors, Suns all suspects
                      Who impressed at #NBACombine ? Damian Lillard, Perry Jones, Terrence Ross, Meyers Leonard, Moe Harkless, Andrew Nicholson, Jared Cunningham
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Draft Combine News

Via Twitter
                        https://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider
                        I doubt that the Raptors would give a promise to Dion Waiters. For one, they probably would want to see if any other top prospects falls on draft day. Second, Colangelo seems likely to be trying to move the pick if he can get the right deal. Hard to keep that option open with a promise.

Sounds like PJ3, Lillard and Harkless are all impressing, and Austin Rivers' measurements are solid. #8 is still going to be an interesting draft spot with some perimeter talent available... just what the Raptors need.

Comment

• Ya, I don't think it's Colangelo's style to close all of his options. Sounds like a Blazer thing, with the lack of management they have.

Comment

• i would say blazers. getting their pg set to pair with batum and aldridge.

cancelled workouts would be for anyone below portlands first pick right? he would still be open to moving up if he could i expect.

Comment

• Stefanski just confirmed that we're not going to be drafting a 5. Not saying much but any information is good for the next 21 days.

Comment

• Tesla wrote: View Post
                                Stefanski just confirmed that we're not going to be drafting a 5. Not saying much but any information is good for the next 21 days.
                                if we moved back in the draft i wouldn't have minded zeller as a bench player instead of either ed or amir

Comment

Working...
                                X