No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent wise he's probably top 5 and he's not a soulless turd like PJ3 but his anxiety issues are REALLY damning. How's he going to play on a back to back if he won't get on a plane?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Talent wise he's probably top 5 and he's not a soulless turd like PJ3 but his anxiety issues are REALLY damning. How's he going to play on a back to back if he won't get on a plane?
      He goes on flights. It's the takeoff that gets him anxious, but once the plane is in the air and he's settled, he's alright. He's made some pretty good strides.

Comment

• Has he? I hadn't heard a thing. You think they'd talk about it more considering how talented he is.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Hey mango, did you see where I called PJ3 a "soulless turd"?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I like Royce White for the number 8 pick. BC has shown a lot of guts in past drafts. Maybe all this trading the pick hype is a smoke screen.

Getting back to the Waiters and the pg spot (I know, DW is actually a combo guard). He's just as much a point guard as Lillard. Waiters played the point at Syracuse every game last season in his first shift coming off the bench for Scoop Jardine. Waiters had 2.5 apg to 1.3 turnovers in 24 minutes per game. Lillard had 4 apg to 2.3 turnovers in 34.5 minutes per game. These are just stats but it shows that their games are not dissimilar.

Comment

• Though White is not a comfortable flyer, he has learned to cope. That's a critical, potentially deal-breaking factor in the NBA.

Asked how he deals with flying, White smiled and said, "Scared, that's how I deal with it."

"I just buckle in," he said. "Once I get on the plane and I'm in there it's not really as big of an issue. It's more going to the airport when I'm the most scared, in anticipation of the flight. Once I'm on the flight it's OK. I got my movie going, my music going, it's more how much energy I exert being scared on the way to the plane."
              LINK

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Hey mango, did you see where I called PJ3 a "soulless turd"?
                I did. I had a good chuckle. Do some turds have souls..like some turds go to heaven?

Comment

• http://blog.raptors.com/updates-from-the-draft-combine/

Stefanski on the draft combine. Keeping the pick?
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• If the Raptors do pull the trade with Memphis & somehow nets the 25 pick, I would take a look at Jeffery Taylor from Vanderbilt.

Good athlete, good size, improving jumper (increased his 3pt% to +40% in his senior year), NBA ready, but not the biggest upside, which is fair for the range of the pick.

He reminds me so much of Anthony Parker, coming off curls & with his midrange gather. I see a potential starting 2 with a similar role as Thabo (OKC), AP (while he was in Toronto), Landry Fields, Chandler Pasons, etc.

A capable swingman who will help the balance on the floor, but not necessarily the go-to type. Obviously, it would mean that Rudy Gay would have been acquired.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• More BC on Waiters promise via Twitter.com:

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

Raptor GM Bryan Colangelo was genuine in his denial on Dion Waiters... went on a rant saying "Why Me? Why am I the guy making promises"

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        I wonder how that affects a player. In the NBA he could be playing a game knowing he has to board a plane that same night. Would that affect his game? Is his fear so big that if would actually affect his performance.

Might be too big of a risk to draft him so high.

Comment

• Hopefully all this talk about Waiters get DeMar motivated.

Comment

• Royce White is an interesting prospect, and might be very good. His shooting is a definite weakness though. #8 is too high for him, all things considered, IMHO.

Comment

• I think of Royce White as number two, talent wise.

Comment

• Dion Waiters promised the #8 pick by raptors?

• Dion Waiters has pulled out of all workouts and interviews, which means he likely has a promise from a team in the top ten. Waiters’ stock has increased rapidly in recent weeks. League sources speculate that the Toronto Raptors have given him a promise at #8.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/combine-no...k-on-the-move1

What are the republic's thought's on this? Personally, I think the 8th pick could be used better as a trade asset, but i wouldn't mind trading down a few spots then going for waiters.

Comment

Working...
                                X