No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the promise made by team higher than 8? I hope!

Comment

• Terrence Jones is just about 6'10 in shoes , wonder he isn't talked about more he's got plenty of size as a big man and even though it's the power forward and all I think if Toronto was able to get Gay from Bargnani and whoever else they want other than Jonas and maybe Demar I would be so happy having Rudy Gay, Jonas, and T. Jones. I realize that it would have to be a three team trade in order to have that happen but that's a good mix of size in the front court and a lot of dunks!
      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Was the promise made by team higher than 8? I hope!
        It could be bulls&@! created by Waiter's agent.. but if I had to guess GSW may want him. GSW traded Ellis and now needs a SG/scorer. Waiter could fit in nicely there.

That could mean a guy like Barnes drops (or possibly even Beal). That would be exciting - unless of course we traded the 8th pick to Memphis for Gay.. then it becomes moot.

Comment

• Waiter would made sense for a team like GS who needs scoring off the bench
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Phoenix is my guess.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Dame Lillard impresses
              ESPN Insider

Weber State's Lillard received the most buzz. Lillard's agent gave him the choice to skip the event, but he decided he wanted to play. "I just wanted to show teams that I'm not afraid to compete with the best. I've been working really hard and I wanted to show them who I am."

Teams liked the fact that he decided to play. It was especially important for Lillard because a number of head coaches, owners and even some executives were in the crowd that had never seen him live. Lillard shot the lights out in the shooting drills and then had no trouble getting to the basket on the one-on-one portion of the event. "He looked like a legit lottery pick," one GM said. That's all he needed to accomplish.
              This kid has no fear of his peers and that will translate to the NBA. I think it was in Wade's rookie season when Heat were playing the Baron Davis led Hornets and it was either in the first round of the playoffs or a game to get into the playoffs (it was still the Charlotte Hornets at that time). With the game on the line Wade crosses up Baron Davis and hits the game winning shot in his face. I think Lllard has the same sort of balls to take it to anyone in the NBA. Would not be upset with picking him at #8.

Comment

• Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                Anybody else think that Draymond Green will be one of those Farried type players? I thought he was only 6'6 but almost 6'8 isn't too bad, I think you could get production out of him out of the 37th pick!
                Actually he reminds be more of DeJuan Blair and he has some point forward skills. Could turn out to be a really good player, but I don't think he'll be the rebounding machine that Farried is.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Phoenix is my guess.
                  That would be #13. Isnt Waiters then giving up on the possible opportunity to go higher?...even if its say 3-4 spots and getting alittle extra in pocket change? Then again if its a comittment on both sides with Waiters accepting a sure thing and shutting it down in return.

Comment

• yeah i think it's higher than 13. phoenix is a good fit but im not sure i'd tell my client to blow everyone off because someone at 13 wants you.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

Most NBA people I talk to are convinced that its Phoenix that promised Dion Waiters at 13, not Toronto. Makes a heck of a lot more sense.
                      Phoenix creates a floor at 13.

If someone takes him higher, good for him.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        yeah i think it's higher than 13. phoenix is a good fit but im not sure i'd tell my client to blow everyone off because someone at 13 wants you.
                        Stoudemire bailed when he got a PHX promise at #9. I recall that Biedrins (?) bailed on a Toronto workout when he got a Golden State promise. That wasn't even top 10.

IN any case, Colangelo has confirmed it's not Toronto...

Comment

• yeah i guess that makes sense
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Stoudemire bailed when he got a PHX promise at #9. I recall that Biedrins (?) bailed on a Toronto workout when he got a Golden State promise. That wasn't even top 10.

IN any case, Colangelo has confirmed it's not Toronto...
                            I don't believe anything BC says. All three teams denied making a promise.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I don't believe anything BC says. All three teams denied making a promise.
                              Maybe BC did make a promise... on Memphis' behalf ;-) That way BC both lied and told the truth... hehe

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                Maybe BC did make a promise... on Memphis' behalf ;-) That way BC both lied and told the truth... hehe
                                lol, I was thinking the same thing. If he did make a promise, it's likely because a trading partner REALLY wants someone at the 8th pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X