No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah after the barbosa trade i don't believe a word that comes out of BC or Casey's mouth.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Maybe BC did make a promise... on Memphis' behalf ;-) That way BC both lied and told the truth... hehe
      I've been wondering if the pick is taken by Phoenix on Toronto's behalf at 13.

Bayless (after July 1st) or DeRozan sent out with Waiters coming back.

*Forgetting Nash for just one second.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        lol, I was thinking the same thing. If he did make a promise, it's likely because a trading partner REALLY wants someone at the 8th pick.
        Makes sense, since a backup PG and scoring are among the key pieces that Memphis is missing. I could see Mayo moved into the starting lineup to replace Gay's scoring, which would also make JJ and his defense an attractive asset in the starting lineup at SF. Allen moves into the 2nd unit at SG, while Waiters provides the 2nd unit scoring punch that used to be provided by Mayo. Davis could compete with Arthur (if re-signed) for the backup PF role and could even play some backup C in smaller lineups.

All of this is conjecture over a Davis & JJ & Waiters for Gay trade. Toronto's #37 pick and/or Memphis' #25 pick could also be in play.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I've been wondering if the pick is taken by Phoenix on Toronto's behalf at 13.

Bayless (after July 1st) or DeRozan sent out with Waiters coming back.

*Forgetting Nash for just one second.
          It makes sense from Toronto's perspective, if it's Bayless being shipped out. DeRozan seems to be too much to giveup for Waiters, IMO. Would Bayless need to be renounced in order for a trade like the rumored trade for Gay to go through, given the salary implications? If I was a Phoenix fan, other than the hometown connection, I think I'd rather just draft Waiters than trade for Bayless at $4M+ per season.

Comment

• I just went on firstrow for almost no reason at all and the draft combine is on... Sweet!

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1260...t-combine.html
            Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Fri Jun 8, 2012, 01:23 PM. Reason: forgot link
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Waiters is 6'2. That's not even combo-guard height. He would be shorter than BOTH our current PG's and he can't even shoot!!

I feel like Chad Ford just pulled this one out of his ass -- why would we want a smaller, worse shooting, poor man's version of essentially Barbosa?

Comment

• waiters is a bulldog that gets to the rim. the team needs a guy or two that can do that. ive heard a lot of "shorter wade" comparisons.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• wait he's 6'4 in shoes? thats taller than i thought. that measured wingspan ain't what they were saying earlier either.

nice.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• heck of a reach, too. wow.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      waiters is a bulldog that gets to the rim. the team needs a guy or two that can do that. ive heard a lot of "shorter wade" comparisons.
                      Maybe, but then again, I consider myself a shorter Steve Nash, and I haven't played since high school -- I don't think comps are all that helpful in measuring prospects. The things that really concern me about Waiters are his shot and his defence (and by association, his size).

His shot is just plain broke, I'll see if I can find a vid to post, but he basically falls left as he shoots, kind of double clutch's, and has this weird release point beside his right ear almost. Super ugly, a la Sean Marion.

I question his motor on defense (his own coach said he played "zero defense" in first year) and even if he had a huge motor and was a tenacious quick defender, which he's not, he would still be at a disadvantage from his size. I don't care what your wingspan is; if Kobe backs you down, and you're 6'2, you're toast.

Comment

• Not to say he couldn't figure these things out (other than his height obviously, unless he's got a whole ton of HGH ) but I think it's a lot of negatives for a top ten pick. At 15-20, maybe. But to me, it's a stretch at 8.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          It's funny how some players add an 1" (barnes) for shoes And then drummond adds 2". Lol. I think every player should wear the highest shoe possible. Or maybe there should be no measurements with shoes on.
                          from hoopshype:
                          Steve Kyler: So why are some guys so much taller in shoes?... - Orthodic inserts. Lots of big guys were Orthodics hence why some gain 2 inches in shoes Twitter
                          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                            Waiters is 6'2. That's not even combo-guard height. He would be shorter than BOTH our current PG's and he can't even shoot!!

I feel like Chad Ford just pulled this one out of his ass -- why would we want a smaller, worse shooting, poor man's version of essentially Barbosa?
                            Waiters measured 6'2.5" in bare feet, Bayless measured 6'1.75" at his NBA draft combine a few years back.

Comment

• Can we draft this dude already!

Best Combine interviews in my opinion: Damian Lillard, Kendall Marshall, Austin Rivers, Royce White, Bradley Beal, Tyler Zeller Moe Harkless

Damian Lillard really helped himself last 2 days. Shot ball well. Competed. Just measured with a 36" inch standing and 40" full vertical.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Can we draft this dude already!

Best Combine interviews in my opinion: Damian Lillard, Kendall Marshall, Austin Rivers, Royce White, Bradley Beal, Tyler Zeller Moe Harkless

Damian Lillard really helped himself last 2 days. Shot ball well. Competed. Just measured with a 36" inch standing and 40" full vertical.
                                Lillard is really starting to impress me as well. I've been very much opposed to him to be honest. His interviews have been spectacular same with his shooting. The 6'8" wingspan won me over today.

His passing and play making ability concern me though.

I think he would be a great backup to Jose next year or Nash for a couple.

Comment

Working...
                                X