• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Interesting interviews

BC
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/bry...elo-jun-7-2012

Moe Harkless
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/moe...ess-jun-7-2012

Damian Lillard
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/dam...ard-jun-7-2012

I just have this gut feeling that BC loves Harkless. In the Harkless interview you hear him say that BC told him that the 3 spot is wide open and that they will be looking at him. I just don't know if he will reach for him at 8.
    From the Colangelo and Stefanski interviews I took that:

- we will take best player available but the perfect blend would be the best talent fits in the position(s) of most need
    - all positions are being looked at, besides the 5, with a heavy emphasis on the 3 and some emphasis on the 1
    - continue drafting guys that are high character and high basketball IQ (Stefanski)
    - lots of smokescreens at this time
    - Colangelo also categorizes some names... I will call them "have to consider" and "looking at"
    - we will be the first team to look at PG's (barring any trades)

Have to consider - Beal, Barnes, Drummond, Sullinger - if they "fell" to us
    Looking at - Lillard, Waiters, Ross, Harkless and 2 unnamed SG's

My initial interpretation and smokescreen decoding...
    - the way he talked about Sullinger, it sounded like he was promoting him for other teams to take (hope I am right)
    - he believes (or wants) Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Beal, Barnes, Drummond, Sullinger to be in the top 6
    - he says there are a couple of 2 guards that they are looking at but doesn't expand, leaving me to believe he wants to keep those names closer to his chest... but Lamb and Rivers are the only 2 interviews on the Raptor's website that are 2 guards?? This one I am confused about and could just be that I didn't hear this part right
    - Colangelo seemed much more candid this year with his names and did mention that there are a number of picks in play... leaving me to believe he does plan on moving this pick (hope I am wrong)
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

• Tesla wrote: View Post
      My exact thoughts.
      I just feel, that if we can't land a deal on Rudy Gay or Andre Iguodala, we have to either trade for a higher draft pick, or go for BPA.

Valanciunas coming in, who in Chad Ford's eyes would go number 2 in this year's draft, is a player with already very good talent, something we lack fairly much of.
      Perry Jones' potential was compared to Kevin Durant's wasn't it? So why not gamble, sure the kid has no motor, but it's not like the guy can't develop a mentality under A+ coaching. I believe alot of people will regret on passing him. Damian Lillard, the best point guard in a weak draft class may not say much, but he's been surprising people in workouts, and he was a guy needed to score on a team with lacking talent. Remind you of a very similar team?? :P

Austin Rivers was the number one player coming out of high school, and with the way he plays the NBA game, and his own father recognizing it, the college game was not for him. He was grown up to play the NBA game, and you could tell in the way he player in both HS and College ball. He could put the basketball in the bucket, and man it was a sure ass thing.

Jeremy Lamb is a long player, quick, nice shooting touch, good ball-handling abilities, I think he could be a really nice scoring shooting guard along the mold of Nick Young or Kevin Martin, but better down the road.

Dion Waiters.. Gonna be honest, didn't watch too much of his game, but from what I've read and seen, he can slash to the basket with ease, and he can play the combo guard. But he is 6'2. A little scared for a 6'2 combo guard, we have one that is 6'3 named Jerryd Bayless.. But I'll look into him more as the workouts approach down to the draft.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I really don't want to be the team drafting pj3. This is such an important time for this team. This next move has to be a winner. I really don't think we should be gambling here. In the interviews p3 is a player who knows exactly whats wrong with himself and knows exactly what people want to hear and he says it for the sole purpose of increasing his draft position. If he were being honest he would have knocked that workout out of the park. He has shown himself lazy already and now he is showing himself lazy again.

I am 15 pounds overweight. I know exactly what I need to do to lose the weight, but I don't do it. I tell my wife I will and she accepts the lie but I never do.
        Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Jun 9, 2012, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          I am 15 pounds overweight. I know exactly what I need to do to lose the weight, but I don't do it. I tell my wife I will and she accepts the lie but I never do.
          Hahaha, too funny!
          What if she offered you a million dollar contract to play for her? (ignore the fact that you would be a gigalo)
          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
          ― John Wooden

Comment

I really don't want to be the team drafting pj3. This is such an important time for this team. This next move has to be a winner. I really don't think we should be gambling here. In the interviews p3 is a player who knows exactly whats wrong with himself and knows exactly what people want to hear and he says it for the sole purpose of increasing his draft position. If he were being honest he would have knocked that workout out of the park. He has shown himself lazy already and now he is showing himself lazy again.
            There are no sure bets in the draft, even in the top 10. Even Anthony Davis has 'bust' potential.

Why is this such an important time? There is no time limit for a rebuild. If we're truly in rebuilding mode then we need to take our time to acquire the best talent available.
            That's good weight. You know, muscles right, not fat?

Comment

I really don't want to be the team drafting pj3. This is such an important time for this team. This next move has to be a winner. I really don't think we should be gambling here. In the interviews p3 is a player who knows exactly whats wrong with himself and knows exactly what people want to hear and he says it for the sole purpose of increasing his draft position. If he were being honest he would have knocked that workout out of the park. He has shown himself lazy already and now he is showing himself lazy again.

I have already seen reviews of his combine activities where nothing has changed about his passivity and motor...which makes me wonder why at this important showcase opportunity and his own admitted self awareness of his deficiencies why he didnt get "active" in the workouts.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                I just feel, that if we can't land a deal on Rudy Gay or Andre Iguodala, we have to either trade for a higher draft pick, or go for BPA.

Valanciunas coming in, who in Chad Ford's eyes would go number 2 in this year's draft, is a player with already very good talent, something we lack fairly much of.
                Perry Jones' potential was compared to Kevin Durant's wasn't it? So why not gamble, sure the kid has no motor, but it's not like the guy can't develop a mentality under A+ coaching. I believe alot of people will regret on passing him. Damian Lillard, the best point guard in a weak draft class may not say much, but he's been surprising people in workouts, and he was a guy needed to score on a team with lacking talent. Remind you of a very similar team?? :P

Austin Rivers was the number one player coming out of high school, and with the way he plays the NBA game, and his own father recognizing it, the college game was not for him. He was grown up to play the NBA game, and you could tell in the way he player in both HS and College ball. He could put the basketball in the bucket, and man it was a sure ass thing.

Jeremy Lamb is a long player, quick, nice shooting touch, good ball-handling abilities, I think he could be a really nice scoring shooting guard along the mold of Nick Young or Kevin Martin, but better down the road.

Dion Waiters.. Gonna be honest, didn't watch too much of his game, but from what I've read and seen, he can slash to the basket with ease, and he can play the combo guard. But he is 6'2. A little scared for a 6'2 combo guard, we have one that is 6'3 named Jerryd Bayless.. But I'll look into him more as the workouts approach down to the draft.
                Dion Waiters is 6'4 221 lbs is a bulldog. I have a feeling that BC did give him the promise. Your going to cancel your workouts and interview with a team that's been widely known to want to pick you in the top 10? I don't think so.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• i like waiters and wouldn't be upset if they drafted him, but theres no way i want him playing PG.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• also, i don't think anyone compared pj3 to durant, outside of maybe noprops? he compared quincy miller to durant so there that is.

pj3 and durant are both skinny and tall sure, but that comparison is hilarious.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Austin Daye and Aminu are also tall and skinny.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        also, i don't think anyone compared pj3 to durant, outside of maybe noprops? he compared quincy miller to durant so there that is.

pj3 and durant are both skinny and tall sure, but that comparison is hilarious.
                        The talents there but the KD mentality isn't

Comment

• According to draft express Quincy Miller's best case is a poor mans KD
                          Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Sun Jun 10, 2012, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• I hope Jeffery Taylor remains under the radar. I really like his competetiveness and leadership and wouldn't mind picking him up with our second round pick.

Comment

• PJ3 is Who we should draft

Draft express has perry jones's best case scenario as Rudy Gay meets Josh Smith.

He said that he thinks he could turn a franchise around. Also he said he wants to be like LeBron and Durant so the willingness to be a great player is also there. Like many others i really want PJ3 to be the guy we pick on the 28th.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Like many others i really want PJ3 to be the guy we pick on the 28th.
                                As you can see, I do too. If we don't pick him I see us regretting it a couple months into it.

DO IT BRIAN!

Comment

Working...
                                X