2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Could a sign and trade be in the works (but hush-hush since it's not July yet)? Raps send player+8 for Nash+13?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

• The thing with that doesn't Nash have to be under contract? You can't sign until July 1st
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
        Pass on Rivers, Meh on Waiters.

I got on the Lillard bandwagon early, and staying on. Prepared to take a chance on Perry Jones or Terrence Jones, or try to suspend my disbelief and pretend Barnes is till a top prospect. Other than that, trade the pick and try and grab a Kevin Jones or Jae Crowder later in the draft and trade a busload of our extra power and combo forwards for some real wing players.

But really, I just want Lillard! I have convinced my self he will be a top 5 PG.
        I am thinking the same thing about Lillard.

Wondering if this hunch of swapping picks with phoenix has anything to do with a Nash sign-and-trade?

***guess i should have read the whole thread, I see some others are wondering the same thing***
        Last edited by The Coach; Sun Jun 10, 2012, 05:17 PM. Reason: i used to be stupid
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

• Very interesting interview with Austin Rivers.
          http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/aus...rs-june-9-2012

I like that he knows about our roster. Sounds like he has a real high Basketball IQ. Haven't always been a big fan of his. Seem like he was undersized SG but, he measured pretty well 6'3.5" w/o shoes, 6'5" in shoes, and 6'7.25" wingspan 203 lbs solid size for 2guard.
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Jun 10, 2012, 05:28 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            The thing with that doesn't Nash have to be under contract? You can't sign until July 1st
            Sign and trade. If Nash is willing to go to the Raptors and the Suns are willing to accommodate (and agree with the assets given for their efforts), it can be done. The drafted players cannot be signed until July 1st. As long as they are not signed to a contract, their rights can be traded (minus the sign and trade, this is how the Pacers got the rights to Hibbert in 2008.

Comment

Very interesting interview with Austin Rivers.

I like that he knows about our roster. Sounds like he has a real high Basketball IQ. Haven't always been a big fan of his. Seem like he was undersized SG but, he measured pretty well 6'3.5" w/o shoes, 6'5" in shoes, and 6'7.25" wingspan 203 lbs solid size for 2guard.
              I have not been a huge fan of Rivers; however, I liked his attitude toward Toronto. He seems like Bayless 2.0 - right down to his intellect and cockiness. Let's not forget that Rivers was runner up to Drummond in our now infamous "Would you rather: Tourny Pick'em".

Conspiracy theorists - listen to the video at 1:28 - "I am really excited (about playing in Toronto?)"
              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
              ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                I have not been a huge fan of Rivers; however, I liked his attitude toward Toronto. He seems like Bayless 2.0 - right down to his intellect and cockiness. Let's not forget that Rivers was runner up to Drummond in our now infamous "Would you rather: Tourny Pick'em".

Conspiracy theorists - listen to the video at 1:28 - "I am really excited (about playing in Toronto?)"
                Well if bayless was two inches taller wouldnt that be awesome?
                Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Funny thing about that comparison is, that on Draftexpress his best case scenario is OJ Mayo and worst case Jerryd Bayless
                  http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Austin-Rivers-5743/

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Jun 10, 2012, 06:32 PM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Very interesting interview with Austin Rivers.

I like Rivers a lot. I actually think he has the makings of a good PG in the NBA. He's a good passer, he's smart and athletic. While he's not athletic on the level of Westbrook and Rose, he does have the physical tools to aid his skills in being a really good PG. He also has the pedigree going for him. I think whoever gets him will try him at the point and see where it goes.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I like Rivers a lot. I actually think he has the makings of a good PG in the NBA. He's a good passer, he's smart and athletic. While he's not athletic on the level of Westbrook and Rose, he does have the physical tools to aid his skills in being a really good PG. He also has the pedigree going for him. I think whoever gets him will try him at the point and see where it goes.
                      Maybe we should offer his dad an asst. coach position in TO. Yuk yuk.

Comment

It's funny how a good first impression can change anyone's mind. I was completely against drafting Rivers, but now seeing his approach to the game and knowledge of many franchises leads me to believe that he's going to be a good player.

Comment

• Some great scouting videos from DraftExpress

We can hope:

Still like this guy, love the stats, but didnt like his coaches comparisons (JR Smith):

Lillard:

Here are the rest of the vids.
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

• If Austin rivers can play PG than I'm all for it. He even said that he'd be excited to play PG in Toronto with DeRozan and Bargnani

Comment

We can hope:

Still like this guy, love the stats, but didnt like his coaches comparisons (JR Smith):

Lillard:

Here are the rest of the vids.
                              Beal's scouting report even says that creating his own shot is a weakness. That's a real turn of for me. We already have enough people trying to be come better shot creators.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I like Lamb, Lillard, Rivers, and PJ3. Go big or Go home.

I think Lillard and Lamb are fairly safer picks than Rivers and PJ3. But PJ3 and Rivers seem to have better potential to me, and there games didn't blend in well with the collegiate level.

I was watching the NBA combine live, and Chad Ford and the other analysts said themselves, Rivers' game was not made for the collegiate level, and PJ3 played out of position..

Either of the four I would love to have at the 8, but like I said. Go big or Go home.

I also watched quite a bit of Dion Waiters over the course of the weekend, and he seems like a really explosive player. A guy that can go off any moment. He has a solid skill set of ball-handling, range (mostly near three to the elbow jumpshot), can get to the rim, and he looks like a very strong player strength wise.

But watching highlights is less than knowing the whole thing. Anybody else with different insight on the guy?
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X