No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure I'd want Rivers to play PG. Same reasons I don't like Bayless. He's a SG.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Not sure I'd want Rivers to play PG. Same reasons I don't like Bayless. He's a SG.
      Well the thing is with Rivers, is he accepts the fact that he is a combo guard. He played behind at the shooting guard to Seth Curry, so I'm not to sure if it will be a too big a problem.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Interesting Lillard Tweet

Totally out of nowhere...

@dame_lillard: Heard Toronto is a nice place. We shall see!
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• After listening to all the interviews I have decided I want moe harkless at 8

Comment

• I really like Moe and would be fine with drafting him, but you're gonna need some serious patience with the kid. Something I don't think BC or Casey have much of at this point.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I really like Moe and would be fine with drafting him, but you're gonna need some serious patience with the kid. Something I don't think BC or Casey have much of at this point.
              Long Story Short: Aggressive forward who understands team defense at a young age, has great size and athleticism, and is an active rebounder. Harkless is still a raw player who needs work on his jumper, adding strength and fine tuning his ball handling, but has the youth and upside to warrant a late first round pick in 2012.
              Quote from a SwishScout youtube video on Moe Harkless. With that analysis, seems like a better defending Demar Derozan when he first came into the league....

Comment

• So all in all. I'm a no, we already have people on the forum impatient with Derozan, and with the look of hitting the ground running, he seems like a player that Derozan was in his rookie year. He does the extra things like play defense, hit a shot or two, slash whenever he sees an opportunity, and just rebounds the ball.... He competes and does the little things, but no large impact.

Comment

Not sure I'd want Rivers to play PG. Same reasons I don't like Bayless. He's a SG.
                  He could be a good secondary ball handler. Play point in spurts but, not full time.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    He could be a good secondary ball handler. Play point in spurts but, not full time.
                    +1

Comment

• Yeah I'm not saying he can't handle the ball, just saying I wouldn't want him playing PG. Hes a excellent ball handler and has a killer crossover.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        I like Lamb, Lillard, Rivers, and PJ3. Go big or Go home.

I think Lillard and Lamb are fairly safer picks than Rivers and PJ3. But PJ3 and Rivers seem to have better potential to me, and there games didn't blend in well with the collegiate level.

I was watching the NBA combine live, and Chad Ford and the other analysts said themselves, Rivers' game was not made for the collegiate level, and PJ3 played out of position..
                        What does "their game was not made for the collegiate level" mean? It seems to me like agent spin for "never mind they played not terribly well in college...he will be fine when he gets with the big boys". What is it exactly about the college game that did not suit them...one ball, 5 guys, basket 10 ft. high? I have never heard this term in any other sport even football where size and height and even style of game can be/are large differences between the college and pro leagues.

Comment

Yeah I'm not saying he can't handle the ball, just saying I wouldn't want him playing PG. Hes a excellent ball handler and has a killer crossover.
                          Are we talking a legit two dribble left right or right left crossover, or a feint to left or right and crossover single dibble which is so popular in todays NBA? Tim Hardaway had a killer crossover. Everyone else seems to have just a crossover. Haven`t paid much attention to Rivers game, but if the kid comes with a legit Tim Hardaway `killer`crossover I might be able to get behind that pick.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            Are we talking a legit two dribble left right or right left crossover, or a feint to left or right and crossover single dibble which is so popular in todays NBA? Tim Hardaway had a killer crossover. Everyone else seems to have just a crossover. Haven`t paid much attention to Rivers game, but if the kid comes with a legit Tim Hardaway `killer`crossover I might be able to get behind that pick.

you like
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Doug Smith believes that the following guys are who the Raps are interested in the most:
                              http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...eek-looms.html

If I had to come up with a list of guys the Raptors like an awful lot – and this is fluid and will be likely until June 28 – it’d be Dion Waiters, Damian Lillard, Austin Rivers, Harrison Barnes and Jared Sullinger.
                              Don't like that Beal is not in that list (however speculation is that he will be in the top 5, so kind of makes sense). Of course this is still early and could be a smoke screen. But personally I am not really liking that list. Of these guys my personal ranking would be Barnes, Lillard, Waiters, Sullinger, then Rivers.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Doug Smith believes that the following guys are who the Raps are interested in the most:
                                http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...eek-looms.html

Don't like that Beal is not in that list (however speculation is that he will be in the top 5, so kind of makes sense). Of course this is still early and could be a smoke screen. But personally I am not really liking that list. Of these guys my personal ranking would be Barnes, Lillard, Waiters, Sullinger, then Rivers.
                                That list sounds pretty much like everyone that has been associated with the Raptors according to scouts and media..perhaps only Lamb was left out. I would put Rivers before Sullinger on the list purely because of need, but the rest of your order I agree with. I didn't think Sullinger was a player the Raptors are considering, but if he were to be the pick then Ed or Amir would likely be on the move as part of a trade. I'd welcome a low post scoring threat. If Sullinger can stay healthy a tandem with JV would be a traditional front court to build around.

Comment

Working...
                                X