2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Waiters isn't a particularly good shooter guys, get that idea out of your head.
    Dion Waiters is actually a decent shooter right now.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chad Ford just wrote a Insider blog entry about the Draft Combine and how it could have impacted certain players (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...-draft-combine). The one line that jumps out to me is this:

Baylor's Quincy Miller also really struggled in this setting. As hard as it is to believe, I think he could slide into the second round.
      I know that a lot of people struggle with Chad Ford's analysis, but I have to give it to him that he has connections and is fairly well informed as to the thinking of a lot of scouts and team executives as well.

I would be absolutely shocked if Quincy Miller somehow dropped even towards a late first selection, let alone a second round pick. But it would be very exciting to see him available at our second rounder...highly unrealistic I would think, but very exciting.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Wrapping up the NBA Combine ESPN Insider

• Weber State's Damian Lillard was the real star of the draft combine. He was the best player to agree to do the drills and it paid off for him. Many of the NBA executives in attendance had never seen him play in person before and the rest had only seen him only a handful of times. Lillard shot the lights out, had a couple of terrific dunks in the drills and 3-on-3 play, played hard and was very good in interviews with teams.

His measurements also turned out to be eerily similar to Derrick Rose. Rose measured 6-1 1/2 in socks and 6-2 1/2 in shoes in Chicago in 2008. Lillard was 6-1 3/4 in socks and 6-2 3/4 in shoes. Rose had a 6-8 wingspan, while Lillard had a 6-7 3/4 wingspan. Rose weighed 196 pounds, while Lillard weighed 188. Both players measured with a 40-inch max vertical. Given Lillard's rep as a scoring point guard, he's got to like the similarities.

I believe Lillard's range starts with the Blazers at No. 6. I doubt he slips past the Phoenix Suns at 13. He's got workouts in Toronto on Monday, as well as Sacramento and Phoenix this week.
        If his just a poor man's Derrick Rose lock him up!

Harkless also appeared to make the leap this weekend, going from interesting prospect to potential lottery pick. He still has a ways to go as far as making his game translate to the next level, but the raw athletic ability and elite size for his position, combined with an excellent showing both on the court and in interviews seems to have really improved his stock. I've heard his name as high as No. 7 to the Golden State Warriors and No. 8 to the Toronto Raptors.
        I secretly feel like BC will reach for him

• We know that Syracuse guard Dion Waiters received a promise on Thursday. As we reported in my wrap of Thursday's camp, a team in the lottery locked up Waiters. A source close to Waiters said he will not work out for any more teams before the draft and did not participate in the athletic or medical testing over the weekend.

Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo denied he made the promise, but some sources claim that the Raptors might still take him if they keep the pick. The Portland Trail Blazers and Phoenix Suns are two other likely teams. I'm skeptical, however, that Waiters' agent, Rob Pelinka, would agree to shutting down Waiters if the pick was that low in the draft.
        6'4" 221 lbs would create buckets from the get go!
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I've yet to hear anything resembling a critique in Lillards game. Interesting prospect.

Comment

• License To Lillard

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I can't see that Harkless is an outstanding prospect for the Raptors because his most significant shortcoming is his shot. The last few years the Raptors have had a parade of athletic SFs who have struggled with their jump shot. The need from that position is scoring.

Comment

• Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                If Waiters is Monta Ellis with a better shot sign me up, Ellis does pretty well in this league and he's 6'3 in shoes with a 6'2.5 wingspan and 6'4 in shoes with a 6'7 wingspan for Waiters
                I would say more like baren davis

Comment

• one thing I will say about moe is that him staying in NY and going to St. john is hugh the kid has heart cause no one from NYC stays in NYC to play ball. last new yorker to do it was ron artest queens bridge

Comment

• Hollis Thompson was also part of the Georgetown team who got in a fight in China (rmbr that brawl?)
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                      Chad Ford just wrote a Insider blog entry about the Draft Combine and how it could have impacted certain players (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...-draft-combine). The one line that jumps out to me is this:

I know that a lot of people struggle with Chad Ford's analysis, but I have to give it to him that he has connections and is fairly well informed as to the thinking of a lot of scouts and team executives as well.

I would be absolutely shocked if Quincy Miller somehow dropped even towards a late first selection, let alone a second round pick. But it would be very exciting to see him available at our second rounder...highly unrealistic I would think, but very exciting.
                      Funny because he was a late lottery pick and now he's dropped like crazy. All cause of that damn ACL injury. He's got tremendous upside

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Funny because he was a late lottery pick and now he's dropped like crazy. All cause of that damn ACL injury. He's got tremendous upside
                        He was averaging 25pts 12rebs 4asts as a junior in high school before he tore his ACL. I wonder how people recover from such injuries. But those #'s were elite
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• hell yea. He was like the second coming of Kraft Dinner, but then he got fucked over. Imagine him and DeRozan as a wing combo, thats major swag and scoring right there. Maybe if he starts to impress we could trade our pick to Houston for their 14th and 16th picks(i think its Houston). Then pick Marshall/Lillard and Miller

Comment

• Sounds like at this point we'd be able to get him at 36
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Well if he fall to are pick thats good value
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• From NBA.com:

Comment

Working...
                                X