Very much so.

Multiple sources are saying the Raptors are taking:

"RIVERS!"

"WAITERS!"

"LAMB!"

"LILLARD!"

"TRADING THE PICK!"

"TRADING DOWN!"

lol - it sucks for fans but as much as it plays with us, you know it is doing the same thing to other executives - and that is not a bad thing at all.
    LOL! I hope that means that their true intention is to move up in the draft, since that's one thing they haven't mentioned to the public

Comment

• It has been impressive the amount of varying information coming from the Raptors in regards to the draft. What a great way to keep everyone guessing by setting up several smoke screens. At this point nothing would surprise me in regards to what they do.

On an unrelated note, that is what impressed me most about the Wizards/Hornets trade from yesterday. There was never any suspicion of anything until just before the trade was announced. When in the last several years has an organization (let alone 2) pulled that off?

And that's why the Raptors are saying so many different things. Since it's so hard to just keep a secret, why not make it seem like you have 5 secrets so no one knows which is real?

Could it all be a smokescreen for today's workout with Perry Jones III? Still not sure what to think about that. I could really see him being a Colangelo type of pick, and I would be very interested to see what Casey could do with him.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
        It has been impressive the amount of varying information coming from the Raptors in regards to the draft. What a great way to keep everyone guessing by setting up several smoke screens. At this point nothing would surprise me in regards to what they do.

On an unrelated note, that is what impressed me most about the Wizards/Hornets trade from yesterday. There was never any suspicion of anything until just before the trade was announced. When in the last several years has an organization (let alone 2) pulled that off?

And that's why the Raptors are saying so many different things. Since it's so hard to just keep a secret, why not make it seem like you have 5 secrets so no one knows which is real?

Could it all be a smokescreen for today's workout with Perry Jones III? Still not sure what to think about that. I could really see him being a Colangelo type of pick, and I would be very interested to see what Casey could do with him.
        The only 'tell' about yesterday's trade might have been Beal's decision to stop working out for teams out of the top-4, after receiving a conditional promise from Washington, pending the trade getting done. I can't see Washington taking Robinson, MKG, Barnes, Drummond or Lillard... Beal is the perfect fit for them, assuming Charlotte takes MKG/Robinson @ #2.

Comment

• Is it next week yet???

Comment

• Interesting mock draft from CNNSI, who seem to think that Golden State might be the team that made the promise to Waiters, after PJIII/T.Jones failed to impress during their head-to-head workout.

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nba_t12_a0

I personally think Robinson goes #2 and Beal goes #3, but the rest of the top-7 looks good (if the GS rumor about Waiters is true). I agree that the most interesting pick from Toronto's perspective could very well be Portland's, if they have to choose between Drummond and Lillard (as the article mentions).

I think they have a pretty good beat on the Raptors, listing Rivers, Lillard, Waiters and Lamb as the likliest picks. They went with Rivers, but I think the Raptors would likely pick Lillard if he's available.
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jun 21, 2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              i think waiters is up there for them too but steve kyler is a cunt satchel
              lol

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Very much so.

Multiple sources are saying the Raptors are taking:

"RIVERS!"

"WAITERS!"

"LAMB!"

"LILLARD!"

"TRADING THE PICK!"

"TRADING DOWN!"

lol - it sucks for fans but as much as it plays with us, you know it is doing the same thing to other executives - and that is not a bad thing at all.
                True. At the same time though, the Raptors seem to be as famous for smoke screens as they are for leaks. Isn't that part of the reason the Charlotte trade fell through? In fact, maybe the reason they feel the need for so many smoke screens is because they know they can't keep a lid on it. Only way to keep their business under wraps is to flood the truth with the lies.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  LOL! I hope that means that their true intention is to move up in the draft, since that's one thing they haven't mentioned to the public
                  He actually did. He said the cost would be their pick plus one of their best young players(never mentioned who). He said it wasn't worth it at the current asking price for a higher pick.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                    True. At the same time though, the Raptors seem to be as famous for smoke screens as they are for leaks. Isn't that part of the reason the Charlotte trade fell through? In fact, maybe the reason they feel the need for so many smoke screens is because they know they can't keep a lid on it. Only way to keep their business under wraps is to flood the truth with the lies.
                    Since that failed Charlotte trade, Toronto has been very tight-lipped. Not much comes out from them anymore. Even all those rumours on AI/Gay were coming from other executives who said Toronto was searching/seeking/fishing.

The draft is a different story but it is all bullsh!t - intentionally placed at that, in my opinion.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Since that failed Charlotte trade, Toronto has been very tight-lipped. Not much comes out from them anymore. Even all those rumours on AI/Gay were coming from other executives who said Toronto was searching/seeking/fishing.

The draft is a different story but it is all bullsh!t - intentionally placed at that, in my opinion.
                      Matt Barnes?

Comment

• Word is the latest workout group (all players i pray don't get drafted by us) "muddied the water" in regards to who they like. I know this is the smokescreen page and all but i'm completely terrified we end up with PJ3 or Sullinger.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• You've just been served! Dion Waiters

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            word is the latest workout group (all players i pray don't get drafted by us) "muddied the water" in regards to who they like. I know this is the smokescreen page and all but i'm completely terrified we end up with pj3 or sullinger.
                            pj3! Pj3! Pj3!

Comment

• The Twitterverse is on fire with all sorts of "experts" claiming knowledge that Portland won't let Lillard slip past them at 6.

Well....so much for that plan....

Comment

• Tweet from Adam Francis (RaptorsHQ):

Admittedly a bit entrancing to see a guy the size of Jones III handle the ball and move the way he does, and Sully looks to be in good shape
                                Looks like PJIII has been working on his perimeter skills...

Comment

Working...
                                X