Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy Acy

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/ed-...i-june-21-2012

Watch the Quincy Acy interview. I would love to pick him up with one of our second rounders..
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Perry Jones:

LOL, he just described every 3-star hotel in the province.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...medium=twitter
      Maybe he was used to those motels who advertise with the guy (and the Texas drawl) who goes "...and we'll make sure to leave the lights on fer you".

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Are you thinking in addition to their #8 pick, to use both on draft picks? If so, I had been thinking about making that type of deal with Portland (#11), New Orleans (#10) or Houston (#14/16). Davis/JJ & #37 might be enough to do a deal with NO/Por, while swapping their 2013 1st round pick for #14/16 might be enough for Houston (per the Houston rumor and if Toronto is confident of making the playoffs next season - lottery this year vs non-lottery next year).

As much as I like the idea of going after a second later lottery pick, it would seem to fly in the face of what BC/DC have been saying about not wanting to have too many rookies next season. I would personally be excited to add a couple good young players, who would come off the bench next season anyway; likely a SG (ie: Rivers, Lamb) and PG (ie: Lillard, Marshall), or possibly a safe pick (ie: Lillard or Rivers) and a risk/reward pick (ie: Waiters or PJIII).

Can you see the Raps drafting 2 guys in the lottery, to bring in 3 rookies next season?
        Remember when DC was claiming no moves would be made leading up to the trade deadline? That flew totally in the face of what actually happened.

Remember when BC was preaching OKC-style rebuild? Well his latest comments fly in the face of that.

I've been thinking a lot about that lately from the perspective that BC/DC were full of sh!t (but not in the sense that many Raptor faithful perceive them to be full of sh!t - especially BC - I mean from perspective of keeping their cards close to their chest).

Is the 26-28 year old shooting veteran talk all a ruse? Is the Gay/AI/Granger/Deng rumours all a trick? Are BC/DC playing up the 'win now' to coincide with their expiring contracts and possible lame duck status (it certainly makes for believable speculation and banter). Did BC send out a letter of an active and exciting off season when in fact staying the course is top of the agenda?

At this point:
        I would not be surprised if they do go with a full fledged youth movement.
        I would not be surprised if they go Gay (I will be disappointed if the pick is traded for Deng/AI/Granger).
        I would not be surprised if they go after a top free agent.
        I would not be surprised if the dance pak continue to be an embarrassment relative to the Phoenix Suns girls.

My point in all of this is a lot of contradicting information has come from those in charge of the Raptors. Just about every angle has been covered to what could actually happen. I can't wait to find out what will happen. Lord knows we've certainly covered all possibilities here at RR forums.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          At this point:
          I would not be surprised if they go Gay
          lol
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• (I'm wildly immature)
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              lol
              Hahaha!!

Comment

• Still have a week before draft day, meaning still a lot of time for things to change. Here is what I’m hearing regarding the Warriors.

Per the NBA rumor mill, the Chicago Bulls are entertaining giving up Luol Deng to get into the NBA draft lottery. According to sources, Golden State hasn’t talked with Chicago about Deng yet. But Deng is on the Warriors’ short list of veteran small forwards they’d be interested in.

Chicago would have to take some of the Warriors’ baggage in return, such as Richard Jefferson or Andris Biedrins, along with the No. 7 pick. The Bulls may get better offers. Trade talks, from the Warriors end, have been fairly slow. But things won’t pick up in earnest anyway until next week, as the June 28 draft nears.

Here is a couple name to throw into the mix for the No. 7 pick: Syracuse SG Dion Waiters and Washington SG/SF Terrence Ross.

According to sources, Waiters is high on the Warriors’ draft board. The 6-foot-4, 221-pound guard has impressed several teams and appears to be one of the hot names. He impresses the Warriors because of his ability to score, create offense and also play point guard. He’s got good size for a point guard. Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said Waiters’ game reminds him of Dwayne Wade
                http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012...-the-warriors/

Comment

• With Roy amnestied they could certainly gobble up Calderon's contract. I'm not sure what his value is but I'm thinking they should ask for Nolan Smith too.

Comment

• Hoops hype reported a twitter or tweet or whatever about Utah. If Lillard is not picked before 8(!) then they will aggressively trade into the draft to take Lillard.

So that says to me they have or will talk to Toronto for the 8th pick.

Interesting. I know some guys on here are in love with Burks but beyond that not sure what interests me in Jazz land beyond Favors of course.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                      Hoops hype reported a twitter or tweet or whatever about Utah. If Lillard is not picked before 8(!) then they will aggressively trade into the draft to take Lillard.

Interesting. I know some guys on here are in love with Burks but beyond that not sure what interests me in Jazz land beyond Favors of course.
                      Not sure what Hayward's value is but there is nothing on that team that intrigues me as much as this guy:

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                      ― John Wooden

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                        Hoops hype reported a twitter or tweet or whatever about Utah. If Lillard is not picked before 8(!) then they will aggressively trade into the draft to take Lillard.

I just don't see what they have... Hayward is a bit of a disappointment, trading Burks kills their back court ... They would need a third team, maybe send two draft picks our way... They wouldn't trade Favors would they?

Comment

• I doubt they are willing to trade Derrick Favours, at this point. Maybe Milsap, but not Kanter or Favours.

Only thing that will interest me is a combination of Burks + Hayward + Favours + Utah's #47 for Ed Davis + #8. + #56.

I don't think Utah will give up that
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                            I doubt they are willing to trade Derrick Favours, at this point. Maybe Milsap, but not Kanter or Favours.

Only thing that will interest me is a combination of Burks + Hayward + Favours + Utah's #47 for Ed Davis + #8. + #56.

I don't think Utah will give up that
                            I think Raptors are going to be going with Bargnani and JV as the starting front line for next season anyway.... don't see them adding another big.

Comment

• Darn Warriors

Isn't it funny that damn near ever player the Raptors have been rumored interested in later hits the radar of the Warriors?... As per more rumors of course. This dance the Warrior seem to want to have with the Raptors must be irritating to Colangelo.

Of course Waiters is now high on the Warriors' draft board. Rumors leaked that Colangelo loves him and somebody, probably Waiters' agent, is making sure these D-Wade comparisons get out.

Comment

• ...and all the more irritating because of a coin flip!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X