2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    I dont think Lowry would like that very much. His discontent with Houston is precisely that he was sharing mins a bit much with Dragic. Nash is a good option if we were to draft a PG (even in the 2nd to be groomed) this year or next.
    +1 - I don't like a team with both Nash and Lowry on it. That's a waste of money (and talent) on Lowry, IMO. If we are to get Nash, then I'd rather keep the pick and draft Lillard, or buy a late first round pick (like Atlanta's) for Machado.

Comment

• if you have Lowry there with Jose suddenly Jose becomes an even nicer trade chip
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        +1 - I don't like a team with both Nash and Lowry on it. That's a waste of money (and talent) on Lowry, IMO. If we are to get Nash, then I'd rather keep the pick and draft Lillard, or buy a late first round pick (like Atlanta's) for Machado.
        I'm with you and Bendit, in that I'd simply forego Nash if Lowry was acquired. I just wanted to point out that after making a substantial deal with Houston, BC would still have plenty of options still available for additional big-time moves. Adding Nash or trading for a stud SF (whether we all agree on who that SF should be is another story) would both still be viable options.

Comment

• Thomas Robinson
          Workouts: Wizards (6/13), Cavaliers (6/20), Bobcats (6/22)
          Analysis: After Robinson finishes his workout in Charlotte on Friday, he's also done working out, I'm told.

The workout in Charlotte will be a big one for him. He's going head-to-head against Andre Drummond there. The Bobcats really liked Kidd-Gilchrist in his workout because of his aggressiveness and toughness. If Robinson can match that intensity on Friday, I think he has the leg up to go No. 2.

I don't really see Robinson going to Washington or Cleveland based on team needs. The Wizards are loaded with bigs. The Cavs rolled the dice on Tristan Thompson at No. 4 last year and I doubt they'll bring in Robinson. He's too similar to Thompson.

I don't, however, think he needs to work out in Sacramento. If he's on the board at No. 5, I think the Kings take him, no questions asked. He'd be a very good complement to DeMarcus Cousins in the low post.
          From Chad Ford http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...-top-prospects

If Charlotte doesn't take Robinson...I know, I know -- they probably will, but on the off chance they opt for MKG instead, I think the draft gets REALLY interesting.

Long story short, Robinson could drop to 5 at which point he would be GOBBLED up (seriously, they'd have Stern announcing the pick before Barnes could make it off the stage).

Does Portland take Drummond if he's there? Do we? I think its actually the hardest decision we might have to make. In the somewhat unlikely event that Drummond slips to us, we might feel compelled to take him, sorta like an ed davis BPA scenario. But he's one of the players I actually really don't want to take a risk on. Anyways, would you guys bite?

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
            From Chad Ford http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...-top-prospects

If Charlotte doesn't take Robinson...I know, I know -- they probably will, but on the off chance they opt for MKG instead, I think the draft gets REALLY interesting.

Long story short, Robinson could drop to 5 at which point he would be GOBBLED up (seriously, they'd have Stern announcing the pick before Barnes could make it off the stage).

Does Portland take Drummond if he's there? Do we? I think its actually the hardest decision we might have to make. In the somewhat unlikely event that Drummond slips to us, we might feel compelled to take him, sorta like an ed davis BPA scenario. But he's one of the players I actually really don't want to take a risk on. Anyways, would you guys bite?
            I've posted a few times in the last couple days, pointing out the strong liklihood that Drummond could very well drop to the Raptors at 8. If that happens, my preference would be to look to trade the pick, ideally picking up an asset while moving down 3-7 spots, hopefully to still be able to draft a player like Rivers.

Comment

• id even ask detroit how much they want him. enough to give up their pick and then some?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                id even ask detroit how much they want him. enough to give up their pick and then some?
                We can take Brandon Knight off their hands

Comment

• I wish, but something tells me he wouldn't be available.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    I wish, but something tells me he wouldn't be available.
                    Neither do I.. I don't like any of Detroit's other assets though. May have to include a third team for any kind of Detroit/Drummond deal (assuming we drafted him).

Comment

• What about to Portland for their second lotto and Wes Matthews?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm down for that.

Comment

• TRob vs Drummond workout in Cleveland

http://www.fearthesword.com/2012/6/2...andre-drummond

Comment

• do we all have to go back to our day jobs june 29th?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              do we all have to go back to our day jobs june 29th?
                              No, we'll have the Nash acquisition to discuss

Comment

• Video from Thursday's workout (raptors hq)

http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/6/22/3...draft-workouts

Comment

Working...
                                X