No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if it was already mentioned but Toronto Sun is saying that multiple sources have told them the Raptors were impressed by John Henson after Thursdays workout. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but food for thought. Henson is a player that seems very raw, but has great length and shot blocking instincts. Almost a dupliction of Ed Davis. Henson has also been in the top 10 of a lot of mock drafts through the year.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Not sure if it was already mentioned but Toronto Sun is saying that multiple sources have told them the Raptors were impressed by John Henson after Thursdays workout. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but food for thought. Henson is a player that seems very raw, but has great length and shot blocking instincts. Almost a dupliction of Ed Davis. Henson has also been in the top 10 of a lot of mock drafts through the year.
      This seems like a smokescreen to me. I think that Colangelo sees Henson as a potential Tristan Thompson of this draft... there have been a few positive comments about Henson's workouts from other camps too... hope he moves up into the top 8, or Colangelo can lure someone to trade up for Raptor's pick so they can draft him.
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Not sure if it was already mentioned but Toronto Sun is saying that multiple sources have told them the Raptors were impressed by John Henson after Thursdays workout. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but food for thought. Henson is a player that seems very raw, but has great length and shot blocking instincts. Almost a dupliction of Ed Davis. Henson has also been in the top 10 of a lot of mock drafts through the year.
        http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/22...henson-at-no-8

Not the player from this workout I was pulling for.

Comment

• Ugghhhhhh
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Henson is a skinny-fat guy. That's all I have to say about that.

Thought re: New Orleans at 10. How funny would it be if they gambled on Sullinger at 10, and the 'back injury' ended up being as damaging as Blairs' missing ACL's were or whatever Jrue Holliday's mystery medical red flag was when he dropped. If Sullinger is injury free, and NO snags him, they would have the most dominant front-court in the NBA for the next decade. This is a serious possibility. I'm not saying I particularly want Sullinger or anything, but these 'red flags' tend to be really hit or miss. If he is healthy, he's a really strong post presence.....imagine him next to AD when they're both 27, just DOMINATING the paint.

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
              This seems like a smokescreen to me. I think that Colangelo sees Henson as a potential Tristan Thompson of this draft... there have been a few positive comments about Henson's workouts from other camps too... hope he moves up into the top 8, or Colangelo can lure someone to trade up for Raptor's pick so they can draft him.
              Agreed. What else?
              Well actually might be a specific trade piece.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                Henson is a skinny-fat guy. That's all I have to say about that.

Thought re: New Orleans at 10. How funny would it be if they gambled on Sullinger at 10, and the 'back injury' ended up being as damaging as Blairs' missing ACL's were or whatever Jrue Holliday's mystery medical red flag was when he dropped. If Sullinger is injury free, and NO snags him, they would have the most dominant front-court in the NBA for the next decade. This is a serious possibility. I'm not saying I particularly want Sullinger or anything, but these 'red flags' tend to be really hit or miss. If he is
                healthy, he's a really strong post presence.....imagine him next to AD when they're both 27, just DOMINATING the paint.
                That wont be as good of a front court as you make it out to be. AD is 6'10" and Sully is 6'9" and they are both PF's they will get torn apart by stronger taller guys like Howard, Bynum, Big V etc... That front court won't work out

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  That wont be as good of a front court as you make it out to be. AD is 6'10" and Sully is 6'9" and they are both PF's they will get torn apart by stronger taller guys like Howard, Bynum, Big V etc... That front court won't work out
                  Well there are no guarantees at this point obviously. But if they make a bad front court it won't be from a lack of height. Howard, who you say would tear them apart, is also 6'10. And big V, who hasn't played a single NBA game either is also under 7 feet. When you have a 7'5 wingspan and a beast vertical, how high the top of your head is from the ground isn't as concerning.

Lets put it this way, if AD and JS had played on the same college team last year, they would have been unstoppable.

Comment

Would tend to agree unless both johnson and Davis are drawing some interest on the trade front

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                      Would tend to agree unless both johnson and Davis are drawing some interest on the trade front
                      Seems unlikely to me... maybe one, but both?
                      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                      ― John Wooden

Comment

• i would seriously trade derozan or barg to get both moe harkless and dion waiters in this draft I am really hoping we take one of them at the very least at 8

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                          Well there are no guarantees at this point obviously. But if they make a bad front court it won't be from a lack of height. Howard, who you say would tear them apart, is also 6'10. And big V, who hasn't played a single NBA game either is also under 7 feet. When you have a 7'5 wingspan and a beast vertical, how high the top of your head is from the ground isn't as concerning.

Lets put it this way, if AD and JS had played on the same college team last year, they would have been unstoppable.
                          Howard is 6'11 and JV is a true 7 footer. That front court of AD and JS is not as good as you think. They haven't even played in the league yet. Whichever one of them plays C will get destroyed trust me. I doubt NO will pick sullinger anyway

Comment

Seems unlikely to me... maybe one, but both?
                            I do believe BC when he says everything is on the table.A lot of scenerios could play out here. A pre and/or post draft trade, along with a post draft sign and trade. If we fill our need at the 1 and 3 through trades it most likely would occur in more than one move. Our PF depth could be used for this. Bargs may be in the mix as well. We just had 4 bigs in for a look. I am not ruling anything out.

The off season has been the most exciting for us raptor fans for a number of years now. Here is to hoping that this post season is the climax and we can move on to regular season excitement.

But for now I am sure enjoying this post season.

Comment

• NO should grab one of the remaining Leonard/Zeller/Moultrie dudes to pair with Davis and have your front court made for the next decade or so.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                                I do believe BC when he says everything is on the table.A lot of scenerios could play out here. A pre and/or post draft trade, along with a post draft sign and trade. If we fill our need at the 1 and 3 through trades it most likely would occur in more than one move. Our PF depth could be used for this. Bargs may be in the mix as well. We just had 4 bigs in for a look. I am not ruling anything out.

The off season has been the most exciting for us raptor fans for a number of years now. Here is to hoping that this post season is the climax and we can move on to regular season excitement.

But for now I am sure enjoying this post season.
                                Stefanski also made a point to say that the deepest position in this draft is the PF position and I am usually in favour of drafting in the strength of the draft (i.e. - the NHL draft last night had 8 defenseman go in the top 10 I believe). Still, don't think they draft a PF, unless it's for someone else, and I don't foresee both Davis and Johnson being gone.
                                ― John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X