2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Unless a team feels that Lowry is a significant upgrade over Evans, why would they giveup a #5 pick for 2 picks in the mid-teens?
    In most NBA trades, the person who gets the better player wins. It seems likely that the #5 would be better than either of two mid-teen picks.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
      In most NBA trades, the person who gets the better player wins. It seems likely that the #5 would be better than either of two mid-teen picks.
      And Evans could arguably be seen as better than Lowry too. Very lopsided.

Comment

• Waiters, Rivers, Lamb, Barnes, ect. This years draft at #8 looks far more appealing to the Raptors than last year at #5. Keep in mind that entering the 2011 draft night it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that JV would not be available at #5. Then the Cavs pulled something off the radar and changed the whole landscape.

Comment

• Someone is going to drop, be it MKG, Barnes or Lillard. I think we'll come away with great value at the end of the night.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Someone is going to drop, be it MKG, Barnes or Lillard. I think we'll come away with great value at the end of the night.
            Agreed. That's why I doubt we'll hear of any Raptors transactions until the #8 pick is 'on the clock', as any moves (including just keeping the pick) are likely to be dependent on who is available. BC could have a course of action in mind for each player that could potentially be available.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
              I am not sold on Rivers at all, but I am cautious about Lillard. If you want to go by this past season's stats, then Jeff Taylor > MKG.
              No doubt it's good to be cautious. The fact the remains that Rivers was worse at everything than the average NCAA player. Lillard wasn't. Not even in his 1st year.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Someone is going to drop, be it MKG, Barnes or Lillard. I think we'll come away with great value at the end of the night.
                It's a good chance it will be MKG since Barnes scored better on the physical drills and is the more skilled player offensively. Only problem is I can't see MKG getting past Golden State. I'd be happy with Lillard or Waiters though.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  It's a good chance it will be MKG since Barnes scored better on the physical drills and is the more skilled player offensively. Only problem is I can't see MKG getting past Golden State. I'd be happy with Lillard or Waiters though.
                  It's guaranteed that one of MKG, Lillard, Waiters or Drummond will be available. The question is who will it be... and could more than one of them drop??? Would BC jump at the chance to draft one of them, or would an incredible deal present itself? Is it Thursday night yet???

Comment

• if we somehow came out of this draft with MKG i would impregnate my pants
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If we come out of this draft w MKG then I will finally have a justifiable reason to get his face tattooed on my arm.

Comment

• Austin Rivers had a fantastic freshman year at Duke. He was just the second player in the 37-year history of the award in the ACC to unanimously win rookie of the year.

Comment

• If we come out of this draft with MKG I would build an altar to Fortuna and sacrifice 8 goats on it.

Comment

• MKG would be a great get for sure.

If I were Toronto I'd be keeping conversations ongoing with Sacramento. One of Barnes or MKG will be available at 5 and Toronto could take a player that interests them at 8 saving them money and possibly taking a contract like Sergio Garcia.

But back to MKG, if he is in Toronto next year, something has to give with DeRozan. Either he is traded or becomes a 6th man. DeRozan and MKG on the wings would be Tony Allen's wet dream.

To be honest, Barnes is the guy I am starting to hope slips. I'm liking his fit on the Raptors and do think the NBA game will better suit him (which a number of talking heads are saying of late).
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jun 26, 2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              MKG would be a great get for sure.

If I were Toronto I'd be keeping conversations ongoing with Sacramento. One of Barnes or MKG will be available at 5 and Toronto could take a player that interests them at 8 saving them money and possibly taking a contract like Sergio Garcia.

But back to MKG, if he is in Toronto next year, something has to give with DeRozan. Either he is traded or becomes a 6th man. DeRozan and MKG on the wings would be Tony Allen's wet dream.
                              I was thinking the same thing, with regards to swapping picks with the Kings. But if we did get the 5th pick and both Barnes and MKG were available, somehow I think the Raptors would pick Barnes over MKG because we need a shooter on our team.

Comment

• bearvon wrote: View Post
                                If we come out of this draft w MKG then I will finally have a justifiable reason to get his face tattooed on my arm.
                                And I'd finally have a justifiable reason to get his face tattooed on my FACE.

Comment

Working...
                                X