Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    That's less money to give Nash.
    True. But if we're getting Nash, I can't imagine Calderon is still in the mix; Bayless will be much cheaper than Calderon, regardless of what kind of offers he gets.

Comment

That's less money to give Nash.
      Or it's part of a sign-and-trade for Nash (or someone else). Offering Bayless the QO doesn't mean he's in Toronto in October. He *could* even get a bigger offer from someone else and just leave, as well. All the QO does is keep him as an asset for the time being.
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
        Or it's part of a sign-and-trade for Nash (or someone else). Offering Bayless the QO doesn't mean he's in Toronto in October. He *could* even get a bigger offer from someone else and just leave, as well. All the QO does is keep him as an asset for the time being.
        I'm praying that's what it is (s & t) for Nash.

Comment

I'm praying that's what it is (s & t) for Nash.
          If - and it is a big if - Nash ends up in Toronto, personally, I see no other way.

S&T lets Toronto keep assets and ability to field a more competitive roster. For Phoenix, it allows them to get something in return. For Nash it allows him an easier passage to Toronto (with what will be a difficult decision regardless) knowing the Suns at least got something for him.

All my opinion of course and likely not factual.

Comment

• Raptors GM Colangelo heading into NBA draft with open mind

Toronto holds the No. 8 overall selection and two in the second round at No. 37 and No. 56. Colangelo said he's received plenty of interest in his first-round pick and would consider trading it -- to either move up in the draft or acquire a veteran player -- if the price was right.

"So much is speculated above us," Colangelo said. "All of it is speculation but I truly think there are some legs to some of the conversations because we might even be involved in some of those or feeling our way through a few of the scenarios.

"That's not to be specific about any of them, it's just we know No. 8 is certainly in play because there's a number of teams that have inquired about it and we've inquired about a few picks ahead of us to make sure that if we are going to pinpoint one player that we target that we have to move up to get then we would look to do so if necessary."

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=399313
            Last edited by jbml; Tue Jun 26, 2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              If - and it is a big if - Nash ends up in Toronto, personally, I see no other way.

S&T lets Toronto keep assets and ability to field a more competitive roster. For Phoenix, it allows them to get something in return. For Nash it allows him an easier passage to Toronto (with what will be a difficult decision regardless) knowing the Suns at least got something for him.

All my opinion of course and likely not factual.
              BC alluded to "other things maybe in play" when discussing the QA to Bayless

Comment

Could you imagine Waiters/Rivers on the court at the same time as Bayless? Jeez. What a horrible thought. Something's up. Don't think we'll be taking a 2-guard tomorrow if Bayless' QO is indeed picked up.
                Stefanski said with Val coming over they could take a player that needs developing in this draft.

Harkless?
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                  Raptors GM Colangelo heading into NBA draft with open mind

Toronto holds the No. 8 overall selection and two in the second round at No. 37 and No. 56. Colangelo said he's received plenty of interest in his first-round pick and would consider trading it -- to either move up in the draft or acquire a veteran player -- if the price was right.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=399313
                  wait, he actually said he'd move up in the draft? i thought thats the one thing they were all saying wasn't going to happen?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    wait, he actually said he'd move up in the draft? i thought thats the one thing they were all saying wasn't going to happen?
                    Yeah, he said that he knew teams above them were willing to trade because he has been part of those talks. Thursday can't come soon enough. He also mentioned (like Stefanski) that they could take a player that takes more time to develop because Jonas is coming in... Harkless is the one guy that fits that bill. Any others? (Drummond, Rivers?)
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

• I'm looking for them to address the need for shooting somehow. If Lillard gets picked directly ahead of us I can see us swapping picks like the year we swapped picks with golden state for VC.

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, he said that he knew teams above them were willing to trade because he has been part of those talks. Thursday can't come soon enough. He also mentioned (like Stefanski) that they could take a player that takes more time to develop because Jonas is coming in... Harkless is the one guy that fits that bill. Any others? (Drummond, Rivers?)
                        Rivers, Drummond and Harkless diffinetely fit the bill.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                          I think the ultimate example of this is Perry Jones III. High ceiling, but may take some time to reach it and is a risk of a pick. I would put him as a higher likelihood then Harkless.
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• he also talked a lot about motor...
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• How about Ross? He's somebody who really falls into that low NBA readiness, high long-term potential. Don't see the Raptors taking him at 8, but he's a guy I could see them eyeing if they look at trading down.

Comment

• I like Ross a lot, especially if we end up trading down.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X