2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    The story is even more odd, now that their GM has stepped down.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/80...cers-president
    From my understanding:

Bird wanted Pritchard as GM.
    Bird has undisclosed health issues and has always operated on year to year handshake agreement with owner.
    Walsh is coming back to take Bird's role.
    Pritchard will be new GM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      From my understanding:

Bird wanted Pritchard as GM.
      Bird has undisclosed health issues and has always operated on year to year handshake agreement with owner.
      Walsh is coming back to take Bird's role.
      Pritchard will be new GM.
      That sounds about right. Thx

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        The story is even more odd, now that their GM has stepped down.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/80...cers-president
        Odd no doubt. But re the GM ...I read there was a falling out between Bird & Mornay (?) because he dropped the ball on the Mayo trade last deadline. Bird then hired Pritchard so Mornay was as good as gone then. I think he was interviewed for the Stefanski job here. Bird wasalso rumored to get the Pres. job in Orlando.

Comment

• If Barnes goes over Kidd-Gilchrist, we might as well eliminate college basketball as a device to scout potential NBA prospects. Seriously. Let's just dump it. We'll save tens of millions on travel and DVD expenses.
          http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ord-vs-simmons

Pretty good read. Simmons is quite entertaining.

Comment

• Lillard was apparently in Toronto yesterday (how was that kept a secret until now???). Some foreshadowing perhaps?

Comment

• Apparently Portland are hot for Rivers now after their workout, meaning Lillard or even Barnes/MKG could fall to the raps.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Lillard was apparently in Toronto yesterday (how was that kept a secret until now???). Some foreshadowing perhaps?
                I wouldn't read too much into it. Just getting last minute workout in. Apparently, someone in the Portland FO called Lillard's workout for them ' the best since Durant'. I think he's gone.

The two guys I'm hoping Colangelo trades up for with Golden State are Barnes and Drummond.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Apparently Portland are hot for Rivers now after their workout, meaning Lillard or even Barnes/MKG could fall to the raps.
                  mkg will probably go to Sacto, that is, if Cleveland doesn't pip them to it. Barnes has no interest in going to the Kings.

Comment

• I heard that there were quite a few players in the 3-8 range who recently refused workouts in Sacramento. Sounds like Barnes isn't the only player looking to avoid that team.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I heard that there were quite a few players in the 3-8 range who recently refused workouts in Sacramento. Sounds like Barnes isn't the only player looking to avoid that team.
                      None of Beal, MKG, Barnes, or Robinson went to Sacto.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't read too much into it. Just getting last minute workout in. Apparently, someone in the Portland FO called Lillard's workout for them ' the best since Durant'. I think he's gone.

The two guys I'm hoping Colangelo trades up for with Golden State are Barnes and Drummond.
                        Colangelo has been throwing boughs on the fires around the ACC for weeks now. Other GM's are trying to catch up with the smoke screens and have resorted to burning old tires.

I do believe Portland is looking elsewhere in case the rumours of Lillard to Sacramento are not in fact a smokescreen. If Lillard is on the board, I agree, he is gone.

Comment

• So by process of elimination, it could be Drummond going to the Kings.

Comment

I read a report on ESPN (I think) that said Lillard really impressed Sacramento too, including at least one of the owners. If Evans is traded, Lillard could become a target of theirs too.

Comment

• I dunno. Obviously MKG/Barnes would be BPA but I think GS would take Lillard or Waiters. The warriors have a ton of cash tied into the SF position.

Might be raps best plan to trade spots with them, throw them the 37th pick maybe?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

So by process of elimination, it could be Drummond going to the Kings.
                                Things could get quite interesting if Beal/MKG/Barnes were to go 2/3/4 (in any order), since neither Sacramento or Portland really need a PF (Robinson). Golden State have been all over the map, with some rumors saying they want a wing, some rumors saying they want a big and some rumors saying they want to trade up/down/out. I wonder what BC would do if Robinson were to fall to #8, as improbable as it sounds... I assume a team would make a harder push for #5/6/7 to grab Robinson before he made it that far.

Comment

Working...
                                X