No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idk dion waiter does really remind me of wade with those fearless drives and double clutch layups

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      idk dion waiter does really remind me of wade with those fearless drives and double clutch layups
      I see that too and I'm tempted to bite but there's a simple fact I can't get my head around. Why couldn't he start in the NCAA? Is that the problem with being Wade-lite? Is that what would work?

Comment

• http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...raptors-select

For what it's worth, here's D Smith's mock. I can't remember a draft being this up in the air with so many things in play.

Comment

• Chat with Chad Ford

Draft Chat with Mr. Ford before the draft.

gdr (Toronto)

In your opinion, are the Raptors going to trade the #8 pick? I heard they had Lillard in for a 2nd look, just posturing or would they take him over Waiters?

Chad Ford (2:19 PM)

They'd take him if Waiters was off the board. The question for the Raptors is what if Lillard and Waiters are off the board. That's a tough one and a disappointing one for Toronto. Don't think they'd take Drummond. Probably between Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers and Terrence Ross. They'd LOVE it if Harrison Barnes fell to them and have explored moving up in the draft. Would the Cavs do 4 for 8 and Ed Davis?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...raptors-select

For what it's worth, here's D Smith's mock. I can't remember a draft being this up in the air with so many things in play.
            I don't think raptors pass on Lillard still on the board. Barnes, Waiters, Lillard in that order. If they are all gone than Rivers.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• From all the rumors/speculation I've seen, I'm wishing the Raptors had at least half a dozen #8 picks! lol just think of the team we could assemble!

Comment

• Another trade!

Houston sends Dalembert/14 to Milwaukee for Livingston/Brockman/Luer/12. Luer and Livingston not guaranteed.

Houston now with 12/16/18.

Comment

• Trade Alert!

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
                  NBA Trade Alert: Rockets trade Sam Dalembert & 14th pick to Bucks for 12th pick, Jon Brockman, Shaun Livingston & Jon Leurer #NBADraft
                  doesn't really affect us per say.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• According to Chisholm, any move Colangelo makes will be dependent on his plans to acquire Nash:

It's an open secret that the Raptors intend to go all-out to bring Nash to Toronto this summer, and that plan supersedes just about any other heading into tomorrow night. That means that the Raptors would be tremendously hesitant to bring in another veteran point guard in a trade (like Houston's Kyle Lowry), they'd be tremendously hesitant to overload their cap in such a way as to make a Nash offer unrealistic and they'd be tremendously hesitant to make a move that gives the impression that they'd be an inhospitable home for the end of Nash's career. Now, make no mistake, the team is all about getting better and if a scenario presented itself that improved upon the expected gains of adding Nash they'd probably do it, but they'd have to be 110% sure of its viability to bypass the two-time MVP. They'd also still take Lillard if available at eight because Lillard is young and Nash is old and the transfer of power could be a smooth transition a year or two down the line.
                    http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=399360

Comment

• Like I said I really think the top3 BC was talking about was Barnes, Waiters and Lillard. Rivers being the runner up if all of them are off the board. Let's hope at least one of them are still there.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        According to Chisholm, any move Colangelo makes will be dependent on his plans to acquire Nash:

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=399360
                        I really like the idea of Lillard learning from Nash. Two real good shooters. It will be a real good transition of guards.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I really like the idea of Lillard learning from Nash. Two real good shooters. It will be a real good transition of guards.
                          Couldn't agree more. That would be a dream scenario.

Comment

• Yeah. You could give Lillard the lions share of minutes too, keeping Nash fresh while giving Lillard a chance to develop without huge pressure.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Another trade!

Houston sends Dalembert/14 to Milwaukee for Livingston/Brockman/Luer/12. Luer and Livingston not guaranteed.

Houston now with 12/16/18.
                              They're going to draft a whole team! ...or get one big talented headcase

Comment

• Morey must play a ton of NBA2K I wonder what his gamertag is
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X