2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

After this latest Milwaukee/Houston move, I could see Golden State being more enticed to trade the #7 pick to Houston for #12 and #16.
    That is good news for Toronto: one of Waiters, Lillard, or Barnes will likely be available at 8 if Houston gets in ahead of them. I think they realize Detroit will take Drummond at 9 in a heart beat hence the urgency to get ahead of them = again, I think starting the sentence, meaning just my opinion!

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

Rockets plan on keeping Livingston, Leuer & Brockman despite fact they could save $4.7 million if they waived Livingston & Leuer
    Does Livingston make Lowry expendable? The assumption is the Rockets would be able to resign Dragic in this scenario.

Comment

• LAL is apparently dangling Pau G. and they are looking for a high pick (in the 4-5 range). Dont know if they want more. But if we remember Houston was frothing over Pau this past year. Maybe he is in the mix again and Morey is trying to satisfy LA. I think DH is too risky unless they are making a play for both Deron W and DH.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        LAL is apparently dangling Pau G. and they are looking for a high pick (in the 4-5 range). Dont know if they want more. But if we remember Houston was frothing over Pau this past year. Maybe he is in the mix again and Morey is trying to satisfy LA. I think DH is too risky unless they are making a play for both Deron W and DH.
        Chad Ford tweeted that Rockets have no interest in Pau (according to a "source").

Comment

• I am starting to get antsy....with the Raps not at least being in the rumour mill.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Chad Ford tweeted that Rockets have no interest in Pau (according to a "source").
            If true, the "frothing" was a passing fancy or a temporary boner? I am starting to get a headache already.

Comment

I am starting to get antsy....with the Raps not at least being in the rumour mill.
              It seems like it all comes down to Nash. When/if Nash is signed, I can see Colangelo shredding our roster completely.

Comment

It seems like it all comes down to Nash. When/if Nash is signed, I can see Colangelo shredding our roster completely.
                I hope that Nash would decide ahead of the draft, rather than leave all three (or more) teams hanging. I understand not making it public, but at least Phoenix and the team he chooses (if it's not Phoenix) would greatly benefit from knowing their future ahead of the draft. Nash's decision would greatly impact not only their draft selections, but other potential trades. Nash strikes me as the type of guy that wouldn't string multiple franchises along.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I hope that Nash would decide ahead of the draft, rather than leave all three (or more) teams hanging. I understand not making it public, but at least Phoenix and the team he chooses (if it's not Phoenix) would greatly benefit from knowing their future ahead of the draft. Nash's decision would greatly impact not only their draft selections, but other potential trades. Nash strikes me as the type of guy that wouldn't string multiple franchises along.
                  I'm hoping for the same.

Plus all of Colangelo's talk following the Barbosa trade was about the added flexibility gained in a trade prior to July 1st. Well, there's only 3 days left before that "flexibility" is lost completely.

Comment

I'm hoping for the same.

Plus all of Colangelo's talk following the Barbosa trade was about the added flexibility gained in a trade prior to July 1st. Well, there's only 3 days left before that "flexibility" is lost completely.
                    Unless salary is added via trade to bump their team salary up to the cap. My understanding is that as long as they don't sign free agents to reach the cap, the TPE will continue beyond July 1st.

Comment

I am starting to get antsy....with the Raps not at least being in the rumour mill.
                      Calm before the storm.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Very interesting article on Beal, from ESPN... Beal possibly joining Durant & Westbrook???

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...lked-moving-up

Harden for #2 & Diop would work, per ESPN Trade Machine. Diop's $7M expiring contract would expire just in time to use that money to re-sign Ibaka. Beal would essentially replace Harden as the offensive part of the offense/defense SG tandem with Sefolosha.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jun 27, 2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• C'mon BC, get in the game already!

Comment

Unless salary is added via trade to bump their team salary up to the cap. My understanding is that as long as they don't sign free agents to reach the cap, the TPE will continue beyond July 1st.
                            And there goes my need to reply. Glad I caught this. Always embarrassing to then read the next comment and go, "yeah, what he said."

Comment

Me too but not for that reason...the more the raps stay out of the rumor mill, the more things may be lining up for them to do something. Wishful thinking? Maybe. We'll see

Comment

I think Colangelo already knows what Nash is going to do. It wouldn't be surprising if they either already had a deal in principle, or an acknowledgement that Nash isn't coming to TO.
                                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X