2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Also, someone please change the thread title. It's draft day! I think it's time to drop the "promise to Rivers" banner.
    agree. although, ironically, one of the headlines floating around last night on the web was "Raptors make promise to Rivers at 8"

Comment

• What if Waiters is a better player? I mean we weren't at workouts.

Comment

• Fanchie wrote: View Post
        If we end up drafting Barnes at #8, I will just slap myself for an hour or two to check that I'm not dreaming. I don't know what the guy will become, but considering all the hype he got for the past 4 years, this would be unbelievable.
        amen... i hope we don't get waiters... yet i do hope we move up. If GS wants dion waiters that bad it means for sure we get one of the 3 following... Barnes (prob not) Lillard or Drummond depending which one Portland takes at 6. Either way I'm happy with one of these players but if we can move up to get barnes or MKG i would also slap myself silly

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          What is the best way to see that Barnes slides past GSW?

Create a sense of demand and urgency for Waiters.
          Unlike any other sport, the drama that is the NBA Draft is the most interesting. There's a LOT of headgames going on. The same head games got us JV last year remember?
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
            So, who should the Raptors believe, your friend the Duke fan, or others?

Chris Broussard, on Twitter:
            Chris Broussard eh
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Fanchie wrote: View Post
              If we end up drafting Barnes at #8, I will just slap myself for an hour or two to check that I'm not dreaming. I don't know what the guy will become, but considering all the hype he got for the past 4 years, this would be unbelievable.
              At first I thought you had a different kind of slapping in mind.

Comment

• [QUOTE=torch19;137790]Rumour has it that Dion Waiters is being strongly considered by Cleveland with the 4th overall selection.

... Someone tell me HOW SOMEONE WHO DID NOT WORK OUT FOR ANY TEAM, WHO DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN MEASUREMENTS IN THE COMBINE, see his stock rise as much as him?

[QUOTE]

I do not think he really did rise on NBA team's boards. The Raptors said since the combine that he was on their list. I think he has risen on media blogs based on information leaking from teams.

On second thought maybe Bryan Colangelo is just the king of smoke.
                Last edited by jcly; Thu Jun 28, 2012, 09:26 AM. Reason: add a second thought

Comment

• Cleveland is considering taking Waiter as well. If this is true, then there is a chance that Barnes or even MKG just might drop to 8. This would be great if the draft goes as expected:

New Orleans: Anthony Davis
                  Charlotte: Thomas Robinson
                  Washington: Bradley Beal
                  Cleveland: Dion Waiter
                  Sacramento: Andre Drummond
                  Portland: Damian Lillard
                  Golden State: MKG/Barnes
                  Toronto: Barnes/MKG

That would be so awesome!!!!!

Link: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...With_No_4_Pick

Comment

• Profster wrote: View Post
                    I'm sure Toronto have spoken to Coach K. If he was negative about Rivers they would know!
                    Unless the player was an absolute moron college coaches would rarely diss their grads. From an earlier post quoting coach K he was being rather obtuse when he was alluding to Rivers personality (he is going to be great/alpha dog) and goes on to say that he would rather have such a player (duh) than one who doesnt believe in himself (double duh). Like is there no middle ground here? Does Lillard who does not possess the overt "cockiness" of Rivers is someone who doesnt believe in himself? Bayless has this streak too but unfortunately does not have the game to back it up.

Comment

• Analysis: Fournier is the type of player the Thunder easily could stash for a year or two in Europe. Or, given the high level he has played at in France, he might be able to come in and get minutes for them right away -- especially if the Thunder decide they can't afford to re-sign James Harden this summer.

Trade Scenarios: Thunder are exploring getting to the No. 2 or 3 pick to select Bradley Beal. They are also open to moving out of the draft altogether.

Thunder Big Board:
                      1. Evan Fournier
                      2. Kostas Papanikolaou
                      3. Furkan Aldemir
                      If Ford is right about the Thunder considering moving out of the draft, and if Quincy Miller is still available at 28 (as he is in Mock 10.0) what do you think it would take for the Raptors to sneak in here and snag him? Future lottery protected first rounder? Alabi? If BC can get Miller in the 28th slot (which has a very small cap hit) without compromising any flexibility, I think he'll have to think reeeal hard bout pulling the trigger.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jcly;137848][QUOTE=torch19;137790]Rumour has it that Dion Waiters is being strongly considered by Cleveland with the 4th overall selection.

... Someone tell me HOW SOMEONE WHO DID NOT WORK OUT FOR ANY TEAM, WHO DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN MEASUREMENTS IN THE COMBINE, see his stock rise as much as him?

I do not think he really did rise on NBA team's boards. The Raptors said since the combine that he was on their list. I think he has risen on media blogs based on information leaking from teams.

On second thought maybe Bryan Colangelo is just the king of smoke.
                        I dont think there was ever an overt statement from the Raptors about Waiters being "on their list". This was mostly coming from the punditry and mock drafts. The closest was Colangelo (in response to the promise made to Waiters speculation) said that "he was in the mix regardless". This would be the prudent thing to say the way I see it...nothing else. I as well am somewhat puzzled by Waiters sizable bandwagon.

Comment

• I have a feeling it's all hype and he'll be there at 8 and Toronto won't pick him either.

Comment

• AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
                            I have a feeling it's all hype and he'll be there at 8 and Toronto won't pick him either.
                            Well we do need a starting SD and BC knows it. I don't think he's that stupid

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              Well we do need a starting SD and BC knows it. I don't think he's that stupid
                              SF... Stupid autocorrect...

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                                If Ford is right about the Thunder considering moving out of the draft, and if Quincy Miller is still available at 28 (as he is in Mock 10.0) what do you think it would take for the Raptors to sneak in here and snag him? Future lottery protected first rounder? Alabi? If BC can get Miller in the 28th slot (which has a very small cap hit) without compromising any flexibility, I think he'll have to think reeeal hard bout pulling the trigger.
                                My guess would be a 2nd round pick and cash.

Comment

Working...
                                X