2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    So Chad Ford just dropped Mock Draft 10.0 at 3 A.M. for some reason.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...aft-version-10

Here's how picks 1-7 play out:

Anthony Davis
    Thomas Robinson
    Bradley Beal
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Andre Drummond (!)
    Damian Lillard
    Dion Waiters

And with the 8th pick in the 2012 draft, the Toronto Raptors select...

Harrison Barnes! From the University of North Carolina

Here's what Ford had to say:

I think a lot of people would be pleased if the draft turned out this way.
    Barring trades, I think Cleveland at #4 and Sacramento at #5 will be the keys to how the rest of the top-8 unfolds. I have felt like the top-3 would be Davis/Robinson/Beal for quite awhile, but Cleveland seems to change week to week, with Barnes, MKG and now Waiters all being 'their guy'. Sacramento would very likely target a SF (ie: Barnes/MKG) or Drummond (Lillard comes into play if they trade Evans). Then I think Portland is set on Lillard and GS seems set on Waiters (if he's available).

One of Drummond, Waiters, Barnes, MKG or Lillard will be available for the Raptors at #8.... 2 of those guys would make just about all Raps fans happy, 2 would make a majority of Raps fans happy, while Drummond would likely become instant trade bait!

Comment

• Sometimes all these good teams want is a high second round pick (like our 37) for their low first, because first rounders are a guaranteed contract that they don't want without seeing if he really works in their system.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        My guess would be a 2nd round pick and cash.
        Right after I posted it I realized any future 1st rounder would be too much. Chances any future 1st rounder of ours is in the high 20's? Pretttty unlikely.

Anyways, I suppose we wouldn't need both 37 and 56 if we had two 1st rounders.

Comment

• David Aldridge is reporting that Charlotte has 5 "legit" offers to trade the second pick in tonights draft. I wonder if any of those 5 are from Toronto? Are the 12th, 16th and 18th picks from Houston enough to get the second from Charlotte? It could help Charlotte completely revamp their roster and get a bunch of quality guys in to fill a bunch of their needs.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
            Please no. I think Waiters climbing up the lottery is a pretty good thing for Raptors after Sullinger was red-flagged. This would almost for sure mean Lillard is ours for taking.
            Not true at all. I say there's maybe a 20% chance Portland doesn't draft lillard under any circumstances. I see the most likely scenario is raptors take Drummond and use him as trade bait

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              David Aldridge is reporting that Charlotte has 5 "legit" offers to trade the second pick in tonights draft. I wonder if any of those 5 are from Toronto? Are the 12th, 16th and 18th picks from Houston enough to get the second from Charlotte? It could help Charlotte completely revamp their roster and get a bunch of quality guys in to fill a bunch of their needs.
              Interesting. I wonder if the second pick plus whatever players (Kyle Lowry and filler or something) is enough to pry D. Howard away from Orlando. If I'm Orlando, I'd probably bite.

It's tough to get the second pick in a good draft, even for a guy like Howard.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                SF... Stupid autocorrect...
                Isn't Waiters projected to be a SG in the NBA?

Comment

• The more time passes with nothing happening, the more I'm starting to think this day will feel a lot of last year's trade deadline. A whole lot of hype, and nothing of substance.

Comment

• There's only 1 minor problem with this strategy though....Waiters sucks balls.

Oh, and he's fat.

Comment

• I'd be royally annoyed if that was the case.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        I'd be royally annoyed if that was the case.
                        Ehn. I find the speculation almost as fun as the actual moves. The Draft notwithstanding, of course.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...fers-no-2-pick

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- With the NBA draft rapidly approaching, the Charlotte Bobcats remain undecided on what to do with the No. 2 overall pick.

The Bobcats are sifting through five different trade offers for the pick, a source with direct knowledge of the team's draft plans told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Thursday.

Mike and Mike in the Morning
                          ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Bilas says Michael Kidd-Gilchrist would be a good pick for the Bobcats at No. 2. Bilas says the question with Andre Drummond is how hard he will work, but he has the most potential outside of Anthony Davis.

More Podcasts »

Charlotte may choose to keep the pick but must decide whether one of the trade offers addresses a more pressing need, according to the source.

Bobcats general manager Rich Cho has stated that it will take "something enticing" for the Bobcats to trade away the pick, although he has not specified what that entails.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                            http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...fers-no-2-pick

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- With the NBA draft rapidly approaching, the Charlotte Bobcats remain undecided on what to do with the No. 2 overall pick.

The Bobcats are sifting through five different trade offers for the pick, a source with direct knowledge of the team's draft plans told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Thursday.

Mike and Mike in the Morning
                            ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Bilas says Michael Kidd-Gilchrist would be a good pick for the Bobcats at No. 2. Bilas says the question with Andre Drummond is how hard he will work, but he has the most potential outside of Anthony Davis.

More Podcasts »

Charlotte may choose to keep the pick but must decide whether one of the trade offers addresses a more pressing need, according to the source.

Bobcats general manager Rich Cho has stated that it will take "something enticing" for the Bobcats to trade away the pick, although he has not specified what that entails.
                            I think all the talk this morning about Charlotte contemplating 5 solid offers for the #2 pick is all just a smokescreen to drive up the price for their pick.

For example, any discussion with Cleveland would start with #2 & T.Thomas for #4 & #24... why wouldn't they ask for a second 1st round pick AND make Cleveland take back Thomas' horrendous contract??? They are hoping some team will bite on such a deal but, if they are serious about trading down a couple spots, I'm willing to bet they would drop either the Thomas or #24 requirement. It's a game of chicken... everybody seems to agree that Washington will draft Beal at #3, so it all comes down to how badly Cleveland (or any other team) wants Beal at #2. Eventually one team has to blink, if a deal is going to get done, and this talk of "5 offers" is just Charlotte's way of trying to ensure they aren't the team that winds up blinking!

Comment

• I think the key to the Raptors getting a solid pick is some team before them has to be dumb enough to pick Drummond. I'm looking at you Sac and G-State. If that happens, either Waiters or Lillard should fall to the Raptors.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• ESPN insight into Cleveland's plans for #4...

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...es-sources-say

Beal is their 1st choice, but likely won't drop past Washington at #3. MKG has slight edge over Barnes at #4. Not exactly shocking or insightful...

Comment

Working...
                                X