2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Can anyone find the June 2011 tweet or report that said "the cavs are leaning heavily towards Thompson with the 4th pick"? We are reading some crazy tea leaves that probably aren't even tea at all.
    Great point. Anyone in any of the NBA team organizations that is found to have leaked any important authentic information about the team's draft plans gets fired. It is plain stupid for a team to telegraph it's plans to anyone.

Comment

• It was a Jazz guy talking about the Blazers.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        From Hollinger's chat on ESPN:

1) DRUMMOND

Bram (Netherlands)
        How far can you see Andre Drummond fall? In some scenario's people are already discussing him falling to the Pistons.

John Hollinger
        (1:37 PM) I'd say that's the absolute floor, and that if he really falls that far somebody will likely trade up to 6-7-8 to snatch him.
        I put a lot of thought into this (sad, I know), but Drummond's floor HAS to be 8, or else BC is an idiot. Here's why:

Detroit clearly wants a center, and if Drummond were there at 9, they would take him in a second. Knowing this, even if BC hates Drummond he would be foolish not to pick him. If he lets him go, Detroit gets him at 9, and we get, say, Lamb or Rivers for the price tag of the 8th pick. At the very least, he could just trade the 8th pick to Detroit straight up -- that's right: FOR FREE. You still get whatever player you wanted (not named Drummond), you just pay him less money.

That's the worst case scenario though. Ideally, you take Drummond at 8, and trade him to a team that covets him (Portland maybe?) while still getting some assets back, PLUS the player you want.

Unforunately, if Drummond is there at 8, it means that every player I'm excited about is gone (can't speak for everyone). But that doesn't mean we should let him slide by, no matter how little we want him.

Comment

• It wasn't that long ago where "pundits" weren't sure who the #1 pick would be between Davis and Drummond...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            It wasn't that long ago where "pundits" weren't sure who the #1 pick would be between Davis and Drummond...
            Pundits. Hah. I love how that word implies some sort of expertise. Horoscopes are more accurate.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
              I put a lot of thought into this (sad, I know), but Drummond's floor HAS to be 8, or else BC is an idiot. Here's why:

Detroit clearly wants a center, and if Drummond were there at 9, they would take him in a second. Knowing this, even if BC hates Drummond he would be foolish not to pick him. If he lets him go, Detroit gets him at 9, and we get, say, Lamb or Rivers for the price tag of the 8th pick. At the very least, he could just trade the 8th pick to Detroit straight up -- that's right: FOR FREE. You still get whatever player you wanted (not named Drummond), you just pay him less money.

That's the worst case scenario though. Ideally, you take Drummond at 8, and trade him to a team that covets him (Portland maybe?) while still getting some assets back, PLUS the player you want.

Unforunately, if Drummond is there at 8, it means that every player I'm excited about is gone (can't speak for everyone). But that doesn't mean we should let him slide by, no matter how little we want him.
              I totally agree. I think if Drummond falls, BC could instigate a little bidding war. Even in the Detroit scenario, BC could do something as minor as upgrading the #56 pick to Detroit's #39/44, which would still be beneficial. If BC were to get #39, he could then try to use #37 & #39 to move up into the late 1st round or earlier in the 2nd round... never underestimate minor moves (I think that is the exact thinking Charlotte is using to move down from #2 to #4 and still get their guy - Robinson - while adding an additional pick and/or unloading Thomas' horrible contract).

Comment

• Just came across this..

Just spoke to two NBA execs today and they both said that they expect Syracuse’s Dion Waiters to be there when the Warriors’ No. 7 pick comes up tonight.

There’s a lot of chatter that Waiters could go higher–at 4 to Cleveland or 6 to Portland–but for now, both wired-in execs say that the late-talk probably won’t pan out.

We shall see in a few hours. Obviously, things are exceptionally volatile at the top this year.

But if Waiters there, both execs also believe that the Warriors will select him. I totally agree with them: If Waiters is there, he’ll almost certainly be a Warrior around 5 p.m. tonight.
                LINK

Comment

• If Drummond is there at 8, he HAS to be the pick. A future front court of Valanciunas and Drummond is dreamy.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Just came across this..

LINK
                    Without any trades, I think either Drummond or Barnes will be available at #8.

If the Hou/Sac trade goes down, I think there's a stronger chance that Barnes will be available at #8.

If the Cha/Cle trade goes down, I think either Drummond or Barnes will be available at #8, unless Washington takes Robinson at #3, then I think Drummond will be the one to drop.

Comment

• Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Hey guys, just so that we don't have 50 million threads going around, we're going to use this as the Main thread. Anything goes, well, pretty much everything, and every pick, 1-60 can be discussed in this thread.

Comment

• HAHAHAHAH

Stern getting a VERY warm welcome. Too funny.

Gotta love those New Yorkers.

Comment

• Booing Stern... LOL!!! 25 seconds long.

Comment

• The second he said "The Champions Miami Heat" people lost it.

Comment

• Damn. Anthony Davis grew bigtime. Crazy

Comment

• Yeah, no surprise there. Unibrow goes #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X