2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong. I was the same with Jonas last year. If anything, he'd make a better all around wing than DeMar.

I think they have similar athleticism, with Ross having better shooting and defending.
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Anyways, here's my thoughts:

I really like Ross and am fine with the pick. He's a better shooter than say, Rivers or Lamb, and he's actually a really good defender, rebounder and passer. He's essentially what we all wish Demar was. This pushes Demar to the 3 where i can't see him fairing any worse.

As far as "we should have traded down!" how do you know that was really an option? Because people said Houston were furiously trying to get Drummond? They were saying a lot of other things that didn't happen either so... Look at it like this, at 8 we got a 2 way player that can contribute right away that fits into Casey's mold perfectly. Has Bryan ever screwed up with lotto picks before? Not really.

Acy on the other hand, what the fuck? Do we really need another pf? With so many better players on board? I don't get the pick at all.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I like both picks. They picked one of the 2 best shooters and an energy guy. Just sayin'. After Lillard, Barnes and the Syracuse kid got drafted what did you expect them to do? Mind you, I am surprised they couldn't move back to get Ross.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I don't expect DeMar to be traded. I think they squeeze him into the 3.
            So this was what Colangelo meant when he said "hit the ground".

Them trying to squeeze DeMar into the 3 slot is an absolute joke.

Comment

• Machado, Machado, Machado....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I'm actually excited to see Acy and Jonas beat the shit outta each other in practice, while Bargnani picks flowers on the sidelines...
                This comment pretty much made a joke of a night for me. BC's epic failure will be Andre Drummond. I understand that he's only 18 but is a legit 7 footer. I dunno man, I just shake my head.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Izzet Turkyilmaz? He's the Chukwaubadiere/Tanguy Ngombo of this draft.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    Anyways, here's my thoughts:

I really like Ross and am fine with the pick. He's a better shooter than say, Rivers or Lamb, and he's actually a really good defender, rebounder and passer. He's essentially what we all wish Demar was. This pushes Demar to the 3 where i can't see him fairing any worse.

As far as "we should have traded down!" how do you know that was really an option? Because people said Houston were furiously trying to get Drummond? They were saying a lot of other things that didn't happen either so... Look at it like this, at 8 we got a 2 way player that can contribute right away that fits into Casey's mold perfectly. Has Bryan ever screwed up with lotto picks before? Not really.

Acy on the other hand, what the fuck? Do we really need another pf? With so many better players on board? I don't get the pick at all.
                    Agreed. Dropping down was a good plan, but it certainly wasn't a sure thing to be able to do that and get Ross.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      So this was what Colangelo meant when he said "hit the ground".

Them trying to squeeze DeMar into the 3 slot is an absolute joke.
                      I agree it's a horrible idea. But I just don't see Colangelo giving up on DeRozan while holding onto JJ.

Comment

• Nice to see yet another Canadian drafted! Joseph to Boston

Comment

• I like Acy, as a pick. Amir will be expendable, or Ed.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I didn't hear what the hell he just said. What happened between Cavs and Mavs?

Comment

• No wonder Stern lets Adam Silver do the 2nd round.

Comment

• Ross and DeMar running on the wings, will be explosive

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
                                X