Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor big will be trade bait in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matt
    replied
    zazinteractive wrote: View Post
    I think bargnani will step it up this year
    Its year 6; he's played 367 NBA games, started in 260 of them, and his career average in minutes is 30.2. That adds up to over 11,000 minutes of playing time. His defense hasn't improved much, he's managed to grab lesser boards last season even though Bosh left and he was given 36 minutes a game to grab at LEAST 6 rebounds, that's 1 every 6 minutes, and he can't do that. His scoring efficiency has decreased and I'm not sure exactly what he improved on other than gather up some points because he can shoot threes, I mean I don't mind the 3-pointers but I'm pretty sure Dirk is known much more than just his ability to shoot beyond the arc, and besides, you can have all potential in the world but if there is no heart, there's quite frankly nothing you have left.

Leave a comment:

• zazinteractive
    replied
    I think bargnani will step it up this year

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    If Bargnani's move to 4 works out, I can see Amir Johnson being dealt at the deadline.
    I like that almost as much as I like the idea of Davis being moved and Bargnani staying.

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied
    matt wrote: View Post
    If Ed Davis is traded before Bargnani, I'm sure I'll be more done with the organization (Until they fire the entire management up to down) than anyone else, considering the amount of likes I have for Davis and dislikes I have of the latter.
    add me to the list. i'm sooooooo done with the raps if Ed is traded and Bargs stays.

Leave a comment:

• Arsenalist
    replied
    If Bargnani's move to 4 works out, I can see Amir Johnson being dealt at the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    That's what people said last summer.
    But wait, he's not playing at his natural position! Once he plays at PF, you'll see, he'll be a rebounding machine!

/sarcasm

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    He's not a big but I think Barbosa is our number one trade chip. A lot of teams could use his scoring punch in the playoffs. I'm looking at you, Chicago and Oklahoma.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Hassan wrote: View Post
    make or break season for andrea
    That's what people said last summer.

Leave a comment:

• Hassan
    replied
    make or break season for andrea

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I'd keep Amir over Ed personally. Ed might have more potential but Amir has proven he can be a beast and he's really reducing those fouls.
    I'd keep Amir and Ed and lose Andrea in a heartbeat.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    numero_ocho wrote: View Post
    we have 3 PF's, one has to go and i think it has to be amir
    I'd keep Amir over Ed personally. Ed might have more potential but Amir has proven he can be a beast and he's really reducing those fouls.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    I just think there were too many signs leading up to Colangelo's statement. I don't think it's a conspiracy, but it's certainly a common tactic among GMs. And I think there are simply too many reasons to trade him than to keep him.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Read this...
    http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...s-of-bargnani/

And I don't see how the pick is an indication they want to keep Bargnani. Moving him to 4 doesn't make sense because they already have Davis, who will be a better player, quite frankly, and Amir, who is more productive and has a much better contract.

I think the whole "Casey has experience with a big Euro shooter" is overblown. Casey has experience coaching a team with a player who is only superficially like Bargnani, about as much as DeRozan is superficially like Kobe. Dirk isn't a poor defender, he's just not a good one. Big difference. Huge difference. And the fact that Casey has first hand experience with Dirk tells me he'll be able to come to the conclusion that Bargnani is nothing like Dirk VERY quickly.
    Good article, but i think youre trying to complicate things way too much.

I take things that BC said at face value.

BC calling out Andrea is BC simply calling out Andrea. I guess he's concluded that private meetings with him hasnt worked, so maybe he is trying a different approach. He's simply telling Andrea infront of everybody, improve your defense and rebounding, or else....Numerous coaches have done this in the past so maybe BC thought, who knows, maybe it will work on Andrea, for our sake.

I dont think BC is trying to come up with a conspiracy theory of masking his disdain for Andrea but saying he's moving him to the PF position when in fact he's actually thinking of trading him. I saw the post-season presscon, he said he will try to get Bargnani help by getting a defensive big at the 5. And thats what he's done with the pick. But still, its open to interpretation. Maybe it just so happened that JV just happened to be a center and the BPA at that time so they took him or maybe they were really looking for a center to pair with Bargnani, who knows. But IMO, being the BPA was a plus, but BC was much more inclined to get JV because he is a center and they need a center not just to pair with Bargnani, but they need a center, period.

And again, based on what he said at the presscon, no raptor is untouchable. So moving Bargnani to the 4 and trading either Amir or Ed is not far off. Us fans might hate it, but like what colangelo said during the interview at the draft, fans might not see the big picture, but what he does he does for the good of the raps team, and if trading Amir or Ed and putting Andrea at the 4 is what HE thinks is good then he'll probably do it.

if you noticed, i uppercased the word CAN, coz BC never said he specifically took Casey because he has experience working with dirk so maybe he can make Bargnani improve, but it CAN be one of the many reasons. If you look at it plainly, what are obvious similarities between Dirk and Bargnani? jumpshooting big man. european. #1 scoring option. I think those are the first things that come in to mind when you mention dirk and andrea. by all means they are not alike, but rather similar. Also in one of Casey's interviews, he did mention Andrea, and how he's going to work with him to make sure he improves his defense. I dont think he'll publicly state something like that with the knowledge that theyre trading Bargnani anyways, and im saying he would know if Bargnani is being traded coz for sure BC will tell him. He may come to the conclusion that Bargnani's defense is "that" terrible but the fact that these things were said by him and BC, IMO, theyre willing to give Bargnani one more chance. And for sure us fans will not like that.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Sat Jun 25, 2011, 11:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• numero_ocho
    replied
    we have 3 PF's, one has to go and i think it has to be amir

Leave a comment:

• jlongs
    replied
    I actually think the drafting of Valanciunas can also be interpreted as insurance in case Bargnani still doesn't improve even with Casey's coaching. I'll give it until the trade deadline for BC to decide whether to keep Bargs or ship him out. If by some miracle he does improve (significantly), then one of Amir or Ed would be trade bait. All conversations BC and Casey has had since a week ago lean towards keeping Bargnani and not shipping him out. But you never know...

Just for the record, I am all for trading the big Italian away. I hate players who don't even pretend like they try, or care.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X