X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    YoungGuns wrote: View Post
    I don't understand what 80% of you complain so much about this pick ... it is BY FAR the best pick we could have made.

Why draft another point guard that is a Bayless clone ... give Bayless a real chance to prove something this year. Calderon contract is running down and will be great trade bait going forward (talk all the shit you want about him he is a top 20 point guard in the league).

SG: We have DeRozan no upgrade is needed

SF: We have Johnson ... I am cool with this. He is still young and always brings it.

PF: We have Bargs, Davis, and Amir ... we get one more year to see what Bargs can do. If he improves his rebounding (and I think he will) we keep him, if not we trade him for a decent return.

C: We have Alabi (for now, I think we will add a mid range center). Alabi has never had a shot to prove anything. He should get his shot this year. If he is decent awsome we now have a backup. If not we will have Valanciunas. This guy is no Barg ... he has balls. Plus with the lockout next year he could still have a full year to improve and put on some weight.

So brakedown:
    -Young PG, SG, SF, PF and C will have a shot to prove who has it and who should be traded.
    -Calderon contract becomes better trade bait as time goes on.
    -If Barbosa comes back he will be a great trade asset.
    -We get one more year to decide which one of the 3 PF get traded.
    -We get to see how much better our defence can get with the right coach.
    -We will have cap space, assets, and a more developed core for Valanciunas.
    -We will get another top 5 pick.
    -If we have no season Valanciunas will be one of the few rookies to actually play and imporve.

80% of the NBA will wish they have our team in 2 years. All of you giving BC shit right now will be on your knees in 2 years thanking him.

I'd rather have another year like last then draft Walker or Knight who will get us a worse draft pick and still get us nowhere.

PG: Bayless
    SG: DeRozan
    SF: Johnson (Possible top pick next year to improve)
    PF: Barg, Johnson, or Davis
    C: Valanciunas

That is a team I can't wait to watch.
    Good for you man. Well said but don't know about the 80% part.

Leave a comment:

• Faux-ID
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Actually, 38 of the 45 who answered the poll said they were happy with the pick. Perhaps that number is different on other sites, but in this forum the majority seem to be happy with the pick.
    Maybe he's addressing every Raptor fan through this thread....

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    YoungGuns wrote: View Post
    A total of less then 20 people voted they wanted the pick ... if 20 raps fans here count for everyone then this team is screwed.

Next
    Actually, 38 of the 45 who answered the poll said they were happy with the pick. Perhaps that number is different on other sites, but in this forum the majority seem to be happy with the pick.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    Not just the pick but I think he is highlighting the raptors future. Which I do agree, most people seem pessimistic about. I think YoungGuns is right, and I do finally believe that for maybe the 2nd time in our franchises history we are building our team right. I think BC should be trusted with our team going forward, and I am very optimistic for the next couple of years to see our team consistently get better.

Leave a comment:

• YoungGuns
    replied
    A total of less then 20 people voted they wanted the pick ... if 20 raps fans here count for everyone then this team is screwed.

Next

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Considering the vast majority of people on this forum voted that they liked the pick, I'm not sure where you get the 80% from. If you want to say you're sick of 15%, then that would have made sense. But 85% of the people polled like the pick.

Leave a comment:

• YoungGuns
    started a topic Sick of 80% of you ...

Sick of 80% of you ...

I don't understand what 80% of you complain so much about this pick ... it is BY FAR the best pick we could have made.

Why draft another point guard that is a Bayless clone ... give Bayless a real chance to prove something this year. Calderon contract is running down and will be great trade bait going forward (talk all the shit you want about him he is a top 20 point guard in the league).

SG: We have DeRozan no upgrade is needed

SF: We have Johnson ... I am cool with this. He is still young and always brings it.

PF: We have Bargs, Davis, and Amir ... we get one more year to see what Bargs can do. If he improves his rebounding (and I think he will) we keep him, if not we trade him for a decent return.

C: We have Alabi (for now, I think we will add a mid range center). Alabi has never had a shot to prove anything. He should get his shot this year. If he is decent awsome we now have a backup. If not we will have Valanciunas. This guy is no Barg ... he has balls. Plus with the lockout next year he could still have a full year to improve and put on some weight.

So brakedown:
    -Young PG, SG, SF, PF and C will have a shot to prove who has it and who should be traded.
    -Calderon contract becomes better trade bait as time goes on.
    -If Barbosa comes back he will be a great trade asset.
    -We get one more year to decide which one of the 3 PF get traded.
    -We get to see how much better our defence can get with the right coach.
    -We will have cap space, assets, and a more developed core for Valanciunas.
    -We will get another top 5 pick.
    -If we have no season Valanciunas will be one of the few rookies to actually play and imporve.

80% of the NBA will wish they have our team in 2 years. All of you giving BC shit right now will be on your knees in 2 years thanking him.

I'd rather have another year like last then draft Walker or Knight who will get us a worse draft pick and still get us nowhere.

PG: Bayless
    SG: DeRozan
    SF: Johnson (Possible top pick next year to improve)
    PF: Barg, Johnson, or Davis
    C: Valanciunas

That is a team I can't wait to watch.
Working...
X