Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patric Young on Jonas Valanciunas: "I know for a fact he is not a lottery pick"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Since when does the opinion of a 19 year old matter when evaluating talent?

    Comment


    • #47
      There will be a rematch, so his play can do the talking.

      Comment


      • #48
        MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
        There will be a rematch, so his play can do the talking.
        Will he pull a David Haye?

        Comment


        • #49
          Matt52 wrote: View Post
          There is not much to debate or disagree with here until Rubio actually plays in the NBA. However a couple of points of clarification:

          1) Jennings was drafted 10 - I would not call that mid first round.

          2) To get a better comparison, apples to apples if you will, it might be worth noting Brandon Jennings Euro stats in his one year there. He hardly 'lit it up' and was 19 at the time. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...gs-1114/stats/

          Rubio stats are here: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...io-1155/stats/


          3) The European game is different than the NBA and as it suit Jennings better than Europe, it may do the same for Rubio (It may not as well).


          I never said Jennings "lit up" the Euroleague. Last I checked I called him mid-tier. The middle of the draft to me is picks # 10-20. Pick 10 is lottery but it's hardly a spot you expect to draft a star. If you feel mid draft is only pick 15 fine, I won't dispute it.

          However, if you read what I said instead of poorly debating it you would see that my point is that Jennings is a mid tier starter in the league -- which was expected from where he was drafted. Rubio has not lived up to his high draft status. By these simple facts -- these are facts -- one was correctly rated and one was overrated. This is the truth as it stands now. Can things change? Will Rubio improve? Who knows? I don't, neither do you.

          The term overrated literally means that someone is rated higher than they deserve. Jennings said Rubio was overrated. The way things have worked out he was correct.

          Comment


          • #50
            blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            I never said Jennings "lit up" the Euroleague. Last I checked I called him mid-tier. The middle of the draft to me is picks # 10-20. Pick 10 is lottery but it's hardly a spot you expect to draft a star. If you feel mid draft is only pick 15 fine, I won't dispute it.

            However, if you read what I said instead of poorly debating it you would see that my point is that Jennings is a mid tier starter in the league -- which was expected from where he was drafted. Rubio has not lived up to his high draft status. By these simple facts -- these are facts -- one was correctly rated and one was overrated. This is the truth as it stands now. Can things change? Will Rubio improve? Who knows? I don't, neither do you.

            The term overrated literally means that someone is rated higher than they deserve. Jennings said Rubio was overrated. The way things have worked out he was correct.
            I think we are on the same page. My original post was not meant to be offensive as you seem to have taken it - apologies for that.

            I don't think 10 is mid first round. You gave your idea of a mid first round pick - it is hard to argue with someone's opinion so that is fine.

            I did not mean to imply you said Jennings 'lit it up' - I put it quotes around as more of an emphasis on a saying as he played only 12 minutes per game yet still was drafted at 10 and has became a legit starter almost immediately.

            Your facts are opinions, I have to disagree on that. Rubio has not lived up to his high draft status because he has not played in the NBA. Europe and the NBA are different games and, as Jennings showed, stats in one do not translate to the other.

            What will Rubio do in the NBA? That is something we both can agree on (I think) - I don't know nor do you.

            The reply was not meant to "poorly debate" it was to highlight 10 is not a mid first round pick (in my opinion, not your's - fair enough) and to show stats in Europe do not translate to the NBA as Jennings showed. Also do not forget this is what I started with:

            There is not much to debate or disagree with here until Rubio actually plays in the NBA.
            Until this happens it is not fact, it is opinions.

            Comment


            • #51
              http://raptorsrepublicnews.posterous...sa05-july-2011

              Comment


              • #52
                http://latvia2011.fiba.com//pages/en...5194/game.html

                30 points 15 boards and 4 blocks, just another day at the office for JV!

                That cockhead Young had 15 and 7, but got some hoops when it really mattered today I guess. He looks a bit like D12 size wise, he's likely gonna be pretty dominant in the NBA someday.

                There's actually some decent highlight on the link I posted next to the boxscore.
                The Double Champ is here!
                Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                Comment


                • #53
                  Word is big Val went apeshit in the lockerroom after the loss, punching walls and whatnot. Seriously upset.

                  All despite dropping some pretty baller numbers on the superior team. Glad he's on my side.
                  @sweatpantsjer

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    ceez wrote: View Post
                    Word is big Val went apeshit in the lockerroom after the loss, punching walls and whatnot. Seriously upset.

                    All despite dropping some pretty baller numbers on the superior team. Glad he's on my side.
                    He's going to love playing with White Swan.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                      He's going to love playing with White Swan.
                      ya hopefully that wall will be bargnani after a loss. hahaa

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Mack North wrote: View Post
                        That cockhead Young had 15 and 7, but got some hoops when it really mattered today I guess. He looks a bit like D12 size wise, he's likely gonna be pretty dominant in the NBA someday.
                        He's not as tall as Dwight Howard, but i totally agree with you. Body-wise he looks very much NBA ready. I don't know anything about his skills, but I guess he'll be able to get good minutes from day one just by throwing his body around.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          He's not as tall as Dwight Howard, but i totally agree with you. Body-wise he looks very much NBA ready. I don't know anything about his skills, but I guess he'll be able to get good minutes from day one just by throwing his body around.
                          He looks to be a Daniel Orton in the making. He is being touted as lottery but in freshman year played 17.8 minutes and averaged 3.4 pts and 3.8 rebs. I know a Lithuanian who played versus men and did much better but yet is not considered an NBA lottery pick by Young. The only saving grace would be Young does not consider himself a lottery pick either.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            He looks to be a Daniel Orton in the making. He is being touted as lottery but in freshman year played 17.8 minutes and averaged 3.4 pts and 3.8 rebs. I know a Lithuanian who played versus men and did much better but yet is not considered an NBA lottery pick by Young. The only saving grace would be Young does not consider himself a lottery pick either.
                            That would go well during the interviews, ahaha
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...eir-only-hope/

                              Jonas fever is sweeping Raptors fandom.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X