Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a lost season be in the Raptors best interests long term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    I don't think I can take anymore hockey talk than we already have on all of our radio and television channels, so please come back NBA(and NFL for that matter)! I can't fathom listening to anymore "should we keep fighting in the game" or "these concussions are out of control, we should do something about these head shots" bullshit arguments I already hear on a daily basis.

But I wouldn't mind fast forwarding this season to see who we get in the draft next year and have another year under the belts of our young players.
    amen brother......amen - I wish we could get ESPN in Canada - so sick of TSN and Sportsnet giving 55 minutes to hockey and 2 to basketball (obviously I'm overstating, but you get the point) - thank goodness for The Score - give them lots of credit; their coverage of not just Raptors but the NBA overall has been great over the past few years, and they've stuck with the model of "every other network will play out hours on end of hockey, so we'll give fans of everything else some good coverage" oh and NBA TV Canada doesn't hurt to have either, but still, would love to see ESPN offered in Canada, although it will probably never happen
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

If we did in fact get the third overall pick it's hard to say a lockout would be the worst thing. That's a sure shot at a potential all-star potential player, whereas the team could overachieve under Casey and get the eight seed (not impossible) and end up with a good player, but no difference maker.

It pains me to say this when I love basketball so much and the idea of a lockout because billionaires want more money is infuriating.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It really is impossible for the players to win this. Yeah, Lebron is a big star and has a trillion dollars to sit on for the rest of his life, but all the other kids coming through the system with no skills other than basketball aren't hoping for careers at Subway. At some point, the players union is going to have to ask itself if it only represents established stars or the entirety of its constituents. A lot of ooooooooold vets chasing rings aren't getting younger, but anyway, I'm not sure how long it would take for the players to realize that time and money is on the side of the owners. Luckily for us, because a hard cap is looking like a faster route to parity than sucking every year and hoping we score big in the draft. So yes, the lockout will be beneficial to us, and it hinges on the hard cap. I guess the players get screwed...

Comment

*Bump*

What are you thinking now?

Comment

idk i would enjoy watching the young players develop into stars. Bayless, DeMar and Ed stepping it up, we would have a better understanding on which players we should keep. And i really want to see what DeMar can do, see if he can shift gears and make that push to be an all star player.

Comment

I think that it hurts us, but not that much. Individually speaking, it hurts Bayless the most by a pretty large margin. He's got the skills, he needs the actually playing time and experience to develop his PG skills and have the game slow down for him. But if he's the real thing AND the season gets cancelled then we could sign our future PG for a really, really cheap contract.

DD et al will work hard. I'm pretty worried about Davis though, this picture is supposedly a few weeks old:

Comment

A little off topic, but I will never understand the desire to permanently mark up one's body like that.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That just looks like crap!
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                    DD et al will work hard. I'm pretty worried about Davis though, this picture is supposedly a few weeks old:
                    what bothers me, is that despite his NBA paycheques, he's still getting tattoos that are lower quality than prison tats.

i'm not against tattoos at all... i have a few... but im totally against UGLY.

Comment

He should visit solarium to hide those ugly tattoos, especially that vomit like tat on his belly.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Ed Davis, what were you thinking? Wow, that tattoo looks like a nasty nasty piece of crap and now you are stuck with it the rest of your f'n life. Wow that's ugly. Its pretty freaky when being a rebel now-a-days means not having a tattoo.

Anyway, maybe 1 positive about the lockout could be that tickets might be cheaper next season if this season is scrapped.
                        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

He's probably had most of those for a while and we've just never seen him with his shirt off.
                          Just like that whole Durant fiasco. Good kids can have bad tattoos.

But that is REALLY bad.

Comment

Working...
                          X