X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit
    replied
    Raptoronto wrote: View Post
    The Olympic qualifier games are in Argentina...so technically Barbosa was going to be playing IN Argentina not for Argentina...that would be considered treason in South America.
    Are u saying that the Brazilian coach (who is Argentine) will have to wear a helmet on the sidelines.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Raptoronto wrote: View Post
    The Olympic qualifier games are in Argentina...so technically Barbosa was going to be playing IN Argentina not for Argentina...that would be considered treason in South America.
    Yes, that was the gist of the confusion of previous thread. Thank you for that.

Leave a comment:

• Raptoronto
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Something to consider in all this (other international players as well) ...that during the lockout there maybe no insurance for those in the NBA who decide to play for their national teams. Another quirk, apparently the coach of the Brazilian team is an Argentine/ian. Confusion maybe in the story?

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../17613251.html
    That could be it or people might be remembering the title of a previous thread (that was subsequently changed) that made it sound like Barbosa was playing for Argentina.... which he is not as there is no information out there to the contrary.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Something to consider in all this (other international players as well) ...that during the lockout there maybe no insurance for those in the NBA who decide to play for their national teams. Another quirk, apparently the coach of the Brazilian team is an Argentine/ian. Confusion maybe in the story?

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../17613251.html

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Lot of reactions. Of course he's not playing for Argentine; no link needed. Even if it was allowed, that could get you killed over there...

Leave a comment:

• ATT
    replied
    Where does it say he's playing for Argentina?

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    don't feel sorry for brazil, have you ever seen their women? don't feel sorry for brazil.
    Yes I've seen them on the...um...internet.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Could someone provide a link saying anything about Barbosa playing for Argentina?

He is not playing for Brazil due to personal reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Maybe the Argentinian basketball federation gave him a sweetheart deal. But whats the connection? Is it parentage, dual citizenship..?

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    don't feel sorry for brazil, have you ever seen their women? don't feel sorry for brazil.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Where does it say he's gonna play for Argentina? I'm confused.

Poor Braxil... Nene backed out too.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Trust me, it's causing an uproar in Braz'. To go and play with Argentina seems kinda messed up, no?
    Source?

I am pretty sure once you play for one country in international ball you cannot play for another.

The reason given was personal reasons not treason.

Leave a comment:

• GameBreaker
    replied
    Lol...but I don't think we can make any trades anyhow. This isn't an NBA matter, also.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    i was going to pump my fist and say "yes, healthy trade bait!" but he's playing for argentina now what?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X