Raps Affiliated With Bakersfield (Calif.) Jam Of DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps Affiliated With Bakersfield (Calif.) Jam Of DL

The National Basketball Association announced Thursday its affiliation system for the 2011-12 NBA Development League season. Each NBA team has one NBA D-League affiliate to which it may assign players.

Toronto, along with the Los Angeles Clippers and Phoenix Suns, will be affiliated with the Bakersfield (Calif.) Jam for the upcoming year.

"The D-League has been a great resource for our organization and we look forward to establishing a solid working relationship with the ownership and management in Bakersfield," said Raptors President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo.

"We are excited to enter a new partnership with the Raptors," Jam Head Coach Will Voigt said. "They have utilized the D-League in the past to help develop their younger players, and we look forward to helping them continue this process."

Bakersfield becomes Toronto's fifth NBA D-League affiliate since 2005, joining the Arkansas RimRockers (2005-06), Colorado 14ers (2006-08), Idaho Stampede (2008-09) and Erie BayHawks (2009-11). Toronto has assigned five players to its D-League affiliates since the start of the 2005-06 season.
    LINK: http://www.nba.com/raptors/News/rapt...ld_070711.html

Jam's Website: http://www.nba.com/dleague/bakersfield/index_main.html

Alabi's new home...lol. I'm kidding.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

lol nice Alabi joke

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      lol nice Alabi joke
      I had to throw it in, it was the first thing that came to mind..was him...lol.
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Is there a reason why we keep changing affiliations? These d-league franchises seem to be like musical chairs for the NBA.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
          Is there a reason why we keep changing affiliations? These d-league franchises seem to be like musical chairs for the NBA.
          The Knicks now have exclusive affiliation with Erie. Personally, I would like to see the Raptors do something like this. It just seems like a good way to have more control over development of not just players, but coaches, scouts and front office staff.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If I were a scrub I'd much rather be in Cali than Erie...

Comment

i don't think alabi is going to spend much time in the dleague this year
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Will player's with NBA contracts be able to play in the NBA DL during a lockout?
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Well at least now rookies won't bitch as much if they get sent down. And is this the 1st time a D-league team has three NBA affiliates? If each team sends a player of two down they could be stacked.

But yeah Tim I agree. If the Raptors are serious they should get their own D-League team. It's pretty sweet. You can start running same plays and coaching styles to make sure the transition is easier. I'm sure the NBA's long term goal is to have every team get their own.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                    I don't think NBA teams see much value in D-League affiliates beyond sending raw rookies down there to develop. The number of recalls that turn out to be rotation players is quite low, and even in those cases they're usually playing on very bad teams.

This will never happen, but relegation/promotion would make the D-League a 1000x times more interesting, and add a serious level of excitement to the NBA's bottom feeders.

Comment

I just hope the Raptors will never have to send Jonas down there.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        i don't think alabi is going to spend much time in the dleague this year
                        ya we were just joking

Comment

Working...
                        X