Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STREAMING: Lithunia vs Poland 6:30 AM EST (FIBA U19 Latvia 2011 Quarter Finals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Fri Jul 8, 2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
      anyone else see that crazy alley oop poster dunk by Val at the end? haha, that was crazy!
      Sick ... nice yell too.

http://www.nbadaily.net/homegrown.cfm?articleid=180
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

cleveland cavalier fans must be clenching their fists, hoping tristan thompson's workout regime brings him in as a stud at the pf spot, because they just watched ownership pass on a dominant centre prospect.

At the same time ownership is wishing they could text tristan to ensure he was 'working hard' ... "because, if not, we are going to look even worse than we feel right now".

I'd even wager that jazz representatives are sweating their selection of another european big enes kanter. "well, yeah ... I guess he hasn't played ball in a while, but maybe he could be almost as good as jonas some day?"
        lol

Comment

jonas is killing this tournament officially. This is called taking the last lost personally, and coming out to dominate the boards with 24 rebounds in 32 mins, added 26 points on top of that, and was 5 blocks away from a serious triple double.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
            From Draft Express

That could have been Colangelo

Comment

Comment

Didnt see the game but can anyone verify if he was getting double teamed a lot (I think all teams from now on will)? While his shooting % may not seem terrific he may have getting fouled on his shot attempts and made them pay with his FTs. The rest of the team better step up ...can he keep this pace up???

Yes he can.

Comment

I did not notice the double team so much as Jonas will hurt you in a split second off a quick pass, there certainly was a lot of help defence when Jonas received the ball.

...but due to the fact that he was not ball dominant, just converted his looks, there was no reason to have 2 guys on him at all time.

...but yes, strong help defence came from all sides when he was making obvious drives to the basket.

Comment

Allright...I'm as pleased as anyone with Valanciunas. I was happy when they lucked out and drafted him (again...see: Ed Davis), and I think he'll end up being one of, if not the best player of the draft (excepting maybe Derrick Williams, who I think could become a monster).

BUT.

I can't help but watch him and wait for him to get injured...When he dunks, he often seems a slipped hand away from a devastating fall. When I watch how his body twists and swings with the rim after the dunk, I keep getting images in my mind of this:

Not to be a downer, of course. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I think at this level, the possibility of injury is very real for any centre that plays in the post. There certainly are players that are more durable than others, however this young man has been staying healthy playing with much older players in the euroleague (against beasts like Vasquez) and he still was healthy for the playoffs... so at this stage he looks surprisingly durable and speculation about injury proneness probably just over-analysis.
                      Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Fri Jul 8, 2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Seeing that photo of JV at the jump ball it makes me think that the Raptors might actually start a few games with possession. I am pretty sure that the Raptors were last in the league, with either Bargnani or Amir losing most opening tips.

Comment

USA loses to Russia 79-74. Yes!!!! They will play for spots 5-8.
                          The only sad thing is no rematch for JV & Lithuania to exact revenge on Patrick & USA.

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
                            USA loses to Russia 79-74. Yes!!!! They will play for spots 5-8.
                            The only sad thing is no rematch for JV & Lithuania to exact revenge on Patrick & USA.
                            Somewhere deep down Patric Young is breathing a thankful sign of relief.

Or more likely, in the deepest, darkest corner of the locker room doing this dance:

Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Jul 8, 2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Wonder why Turkey wasnt at this tournament. It would have been interesting to see Kanter and JV go at each other. K would have played for sure as he & JV will in Eurobasket. But they may not be starters there.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Somewhere deep down Patric Young is breathing a thankful sign of relief.

Or more likely, in the back of the locker room doing this dance:

lovin' it. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X