No announcement yet.

2012 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargnani is not the odd man out, hate to say it. The guys who will be moved will be either Amir or Ed. Valanciunas, amir, and Ed have to close to the same skill set. All of them play most effectively at the low post, as close to the basket as possible. Bargnani is the only one out of the 4 who stretches the floor. Having both your bigs with limited range can really mess with offensive spacing. You want a variety of skill sets in your rotation.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
      Bargnani is not the odd man out, hate to say it. The guys who will be moved will be either Amir or Ed. Valanciunas, amir, and Ed have to close to the same skill set. All of them play most effectively at the low post, as close to the basket as possible. Bargnani is the only one out of the 4 who stretches the floor. Having both your bigs with limited range can really mess with offensive spacing. You want a variety of skill sets in your rotation.
      Amir has shown a good jumper from 15 feet and he's an excellent high pick and roll threat. And Valanciunas, from everything I've heard, has the ability to become a very good jumpshooter.

WHat's even worse than messing with your offensive spacing is one player killing your team defense.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
        At the end of season it genuinely seemed like Bargnani was the odd man out. Fans were unquestionably upset with his lack of effort and his terrible, absolutely atrocious, rebounding and defending. BC claimed to start looking at him as an 'asset' and suddenly it seemed as if the Raptors would truelly be able to start their rebuilding process.

Then BC goes out and hires Casey, they draft Jonas and talk about how he can be Toronto's Tyson Chandler of the future and then seem to begin a search for a FA C.... a month after the season ends Bargnani suddenly 'makes sense' again.

I hate to say it but I think you are right. Bargnani may not be the odd man out.... unfortunately he SHOULD be. But this management group has seemed to make it its priority to build around Bargnani, regardless of how risky of a proposition that is. Then again BC has shown a willingness to take stupid risks when it comes to the long term welfare of this organization. Why not make another?

Comment

Working...
        X