If Solomon Alabi plays 25 minutes a game and we have a season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Solomon Alabi plays 25 minutes a game and we have a season

What do think his stat line would read ...

I say 7 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, 1 assist, 4 points.

Remember I'm not saying he will play 25 minutes or we will have a season just saying if it happened what do you see. Personally I hope if we do play a season he gets good minutes ... I don't see the season being more then 40 games and I could live with a 5-35 run to get another high pick.

Goooooo Raps !!!

By all accounts he's growing by leaps and bounds in the off season. I hope we get a chance to see him play soon. Does anyone know if Africa is involved in the tournament coming up and if he's playing?

Comment

Five fouls per game. After that it gets a little dicey. I don't think he's good enough yet to play 25MPG.

Comment

If he played 25 minutes (ignoring the fact that we would never win a game), I think he'd pull down 6 boards and block 2 shots, while scoring 8pts - and almost fouling out on a nightly basis.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

He makes Ben Wallace look like Hakeem Olajuwon down low in the post on offense. I don't think there is any chance of him getting 8 PPG in 25 minutes.

Comment

what makes you say that? he's actually got a decent midrange J and if he's healthy, should be good for a dunk or 2 a game. 8 ppg is pretty reasonable i think.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Really? I mean, SERIOUSLY? Has it come to this? We're so desperate that we're engaging in Solo fantasy numbers? Oh alright, I'll bite. The comment "by all accounts he's getting better and better"...well, there are only two accounts, and neither can be trusted. One was from someone associated with the Raps, and the other from Thorpe, who has lost all credibility after pumping this stiff up much like Dr. Frankenstein did with his monster. A comment from Doug Smith quoting an unnamed source with the Raps is extremely telling: they didn't even want this guy PRACTISING with the team for fear that he'd accidently hurt someone due to his out-of-control, gangly body. That's all you need to know right there. The guy is as slow as molases, and it's all he can do to remain standing on the court (looks like at any moment he's going to fall down). Blocked shots? Sure, he'll get a few that fall into his lap, so to speak, but that's it. If this guy EVER develops into a rotation player in this league, I will kiss Sarah Palin's ass.

Comment

25 minutes a game? He'll be lucky if he averages 25 minutes a month. Seriously guys, the type of improvement that Alabi would have to show from one season to the next in order to average 25 mpg would be virtually unprecedented. They couldn't even trust to put him on the floor in blowouts last year!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  what makes you say that? he's actually got a decent midrange J and if he's healthy, should be good for a dunk or 2 a game. 8 ppg is pretty reasonable i think.
                  To play along with this a little further. He shot 20% from the field in limited time. Disregarding FT attempts, for him to score 8 PPG based on that efficiency he would have to take 20 attempts per game. I know, it's crazy to base an argument on 12 games but that's the biases of the whole thread.

Disregarding FT attempts, if he shoots 50% from the field he would need eight attempts from the field to score 8 PPG. He's going to be lucky to get four looks per game. There are a lot of starters in the league a lot better than him who only get eight attempts a game. If he makes two of them then you have 4PPG right there. Let's say he gets to the line twice and splits them. That's now 5PPG. I don't see how he gets more than that in 25 MPG. I think that's being highly optimistic. He's not an offensive weapon and they're not going to use him that way. Nobody is going to be looking for him at mid-range and his duties are probably going to see him in the paint hunting for offensive boards. All he's looking at is cleaning up junk on the glass. 5PPG is highly optimistic. I think he has a better chance at five fouls right now than five points.

Comment

yeah 25 mins is a bit much. i think he'll be on the floor pretty regularly every game though. albeit for maybe, 6-8 minutes. Ed is going to need his minutes and if they're starting bargs at the 4, hes going to most likely play a lot of C.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      To play along with this a little further. He shot 20% from the field in limited time. For him to score 8 PPG based on that efficiency he would have to take 20 attempts per game. I know, it's crazy to base an argument on 12 games but that's the biases of the whole thread.
                      i get that, but from the little i saw, if healthy, i think he can do pretty well. having a guy like casey there to whip him into shape is going to be good too. put me in the pro-solo boat, i guess.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Casey isn't an offensive minded coach. Casey is not the guy who's going to make things easy enough for this guy to score 8PPG. I don't know if he could score 8PPG under D'Antoni.

Comment

He will not play 25 minutes a game and if he did the only number I'd care about is how badly we were losing at the half to play Alaby for the rest of the game. I think he will play a lot better this season but keep in mind how bad he looked last year in the very limited time he saw him. I am hoping he plays in every game for at least 5-10 minutes early in the season (if there is one) and then maybe get up to 15mpg by the end of the year. I think the thing to watch is his effort level along with how good his help instincts are. Alabi has the build to be a good rim protector but we have yet to see any sign he has the smarts to play defense at a high level. Stats seem a little premature when he barely played last season.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                            Really? I mean, SERIOUSLY? Has it come to this? We're so desperate that we're engaging in Solo fantasy numbers? Oh alright, I'll bite. The comment "by all accounts he's getting better and better"...well, there are only two accounts, and neither can be trusted. One was from someone associated with the Raps, and the other from Thorpe, who has lost all credibility after pumping this stiff up much like Dr. Frankenstein did with his monster. A comment from Doug Smith quoting an unnamed source with the Raps is extremely telling: they didn't even want this guy PRACTISING with the team for fear that he'd accidently hurt someone due to his out-of-control, gangly body. That's all you need to know right there. The guy is as slow as molases, and it's all he can do to remain standing on the court (looks like at any moment he's going to fall down). Blocked shots? Sure, he'll get a few that fall into his lap, so to speak, but that's it. If this guy EVER develops into a rotation player in this league, I will kiss Sarah Palin's ass.
                            Hey, that was my 100th post! Don't I get a prize or something? Maybe a cake? NOTHING??? Aw, come on!

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
                              By all accounts he's growing by leaps and bounds in the off season. I hope we get a chance to see him play soon. Does anyone know if Africa is involved in the tournament coming up and if he's playing?
                              I trust that "Africa" mention was not a Sarah Palin-ism.

Comment

Working...
                              X