X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAPresenting
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Well, hell! Let's merge this thread to the Bargnani one and get a move on. Bargnani ain't going to trade himself!
    Actually laughed out loud! +1

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
    I still can't understand wanting to give away a 22 point a night scorer; more if we have muscle to protect him. I lnow his help defence sucks and his rebounding needs improvement. I truly believe this is the first coach we have that will make him accountable (at least that's my take). If his effort at least increases, he can get a couple of extra rebounds, giving him roughly Dirk's stats (now don't go getting angry, I'm not saying he's Dirk...). He can be a valuable piece moving forward and is a known commodity. We saw Ed for maybe half a season. Remember, he balked at his treatrment in the D-League (i.e. hotels, TV, etc.) so I'm not totally sure he will want to stay here. Maybe I'm mis-judging him, but it's too early to say!
    I'm not at all anti-Bargnani, but ehm, "giving him roughly Dirk's stats"? Dirk has a career rebound average of 8,4 (and 10,4 in the playoffs). Dirks has had 5 9+ seasons. For Bargnani to get Dirk's rebounding stats we'd have to clear the court of every other player and make him shoot long two's.

Leave a comment:

• WhatWhat
    replied
    Man it would be very, very hard to continue watching this team if we chose Bargnani over Davis or Amir.

Leave a comment:

• Halifax Raps Fan
    replied
    Amir is solid and is improving his foul-pronesness (is that a word???). He ROCKS and should stay!

Leave a comment:

• Halifax Raps Fan
    replied
    I still can't understand wanting to give away a 22 point a night scorer; more if we have muscle to protect him. I lnow his help defence sucks and his rebounding needs improvement. I truly believe this is the first coach we have that will make him accountable (at least that's my take). If his effort at least increases, he can get a couple of extra rebounds, giving him roughly Dirk's stats (now don't go getting angry, I'm not saying he's Dirk...). He can be a valuable piece moving forward and is a known commodity. We saw Ed for maybe half a season. Remember, he balked at his treatrment in the D-League (i.e. hotels, TV, etc.) so I'm not totally sure he will want to stay here. Maybe I'm mis-judging him, but it's too early to say!

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    BC isn't trading Andrea until "Everything Bargnani" hits 5000 replies and 250,000 views.
    Well, hell! Let's merge this thread to the Bargnani one and get a move on. Bargnani ain't going to trade himself!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I know that Amir HAD some serious question marks about being able to play without fouling but I feel like he has answered those questions last season.

He averaged 25.7 minutes and 3.7 fouls
    His per36 foul rate was 5.1

Although it is possible that he will regress but if he stays the same or even fouls at a lower rate will still be tenacious (something he was able to do this year vs. last) he will be able to log starters minutes. In terms of whether Amir should start or come off the bench fouls are not a deciding factor.

Baskeet ballz referenz DOT com

Anyway I say

First half of season
    Start Amir and Bargs
    Davis off the bench

Second half of season
    Davis and Bargs
    Amir off the bench

You don't have to trade any of the those three until AT least next year, and assuming JV will have limited minutes his first year you don't need to make a trade until the deadline 2013.

My window of trading bargs was at the end of this past season and since it looks like coangelo wants bargs around for at least another season we might as well wait it out. Let them all play together and then trade the odd man out. Which is likely to be Amir or Andrea. If bargs somehow has become the player a lot of us don't expect him to become I would be ok with dealing amir sweet sweet contract for a piece that gets us closer to a deep playoff run.

BC isn't trading Andrea until "Everything Bargnani" hits 5000 replies and 250,000 views.

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    I know that Amir HAD some serious question marks about being able to play without fouling but I feel like he has answered those questions last season.

He averaged 25.7 minutes and 3.7 fouls
    His per36 foul rate was 5.1

Although it is possible that he will regress but if he stays the same or even fouls at a lower rate will still be tenacious (something he was able to do this year vs. last) he will be able to log starters minutes. In terms of whether Amir should start or come off the bench fouls are not a deciding factor.

Baskeet ballz referenz DOT com

Anyway I say

First half of season
    Start Amir and Bargs
    Davis off the bench

Second half of season
    Davis and Bargs
    Amir off the bench

You don't have to trade any of the those three until AT least next year, and assuming JV will have limited minutes his first year you don't need to make a trade until the deadline 2013.

My window of trading bargs was at the end of this past season and since it looks like coangelo wants bargs around for at least another season we might as well wait it out. Let them all play together and then trade the odd man out. Which is likely to be Amir or Andrea. If bargs somehow has become the player a lot of us don't expect him to become I would be ok with dealing amir sweet sweet contract for a piece that gets us closer to a deep playoff run.

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    It depends on what we can get back. If they all bring back the same thing I think I would probably move Bargs because that would open up more Cap room. I believe that Davis has more value than Bargs now and if we moved him and got back a young roll player and a top ten in next years draft I might take it. I don't see Bargs bringing that kind of return.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    *shudder*

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    What is most ideal: Trade Bargnani, start Davis, Amir off the bench
    What is probably going to happen: Trade Davis, start Bargnani, Amir off the bench

Leave a comment:

• SCass
    replied
    With JV now our center of the future, I think it has now become imperative to have a guy who can post it up and be a scoring threat in the halfcourt set. At this point, Bargnani is the only guy who seems to be capable of that. Thus, if neither of the other two have improved in that regard by mid-season, one of them has to go (simply not enough minutes for all four in the future). I don't really care who it is, but Amir seems to have less potential than Davis (albeit maybe less trade value, too) so I would probably look to deal him.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    If there's a 2011-2012 season
    Start: Bargnani & Davis
    Bench: TBD veteran C & Amir
    Trade: none, at least to start the season

2012-2013 season
    Start: Bargnani & Davis
    Bench: JV & ???
    Trade: Amir (his salary is attractive, can be good in short spurts, duplicates Davis' game with way less potential)

2013-2014 & beyond
    Start: JV & Bargnani/Davis (dependent on development over next 2 seasons and on-court chemistry)
    Bench: Bargnani/Davis & ???
    Trade: none

* This is all based on the assumption that a veteran C is brought in for just a season or two, more along the lines of Dalembert, now that JV has been drafted for the long-term. If this assumption is wrong and a true starting C is brought in this offseason (ie: Chandler), then I would bump Bargnani to starting PF and Davis to the bench with Amir.

** I expect the Raps to draft a stud SF after the 2011-2012 season, then could see them drafting another PF after either the 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 season, as Bargnani will be getting close to 30 and they'll need a 4th big to bring along in the rotation.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jul 15, 2011, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RAPresenting
    replied
    Play out the season and see how the 3 players develop in the new system/coaching style. The starters opening night for 11/12 if there is a season is definitely Dre and Davis no way around it. Amir is a nice player but isn't a starter in this league. Let him bring his intangibles/energy off the bench where he belongs. To play along with the thread if JV was here.

Start Dre & Davis

Bench JV

Trade Amir

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    Trade Bargnani.

Start Davis.

Bench Amir.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X