Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors so high on Alabi that they may not target a FA center?(OLD THREAD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macc
    replied
    This is all a cover up. The real reason they arn't targeting FA centers is because André Börg demands the center position and has scared off all possible FA centers from the Raptors.

But in all seriousness it's good to hear something good about Alabi. Doubt he is capable of starting next season though..

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Besides, we don't know who are going to develop into good players. Jonas could play PF as well assuming he develops a jumper (which i doubt Alabi will do). With a lot of ifs in the development department ... a frontcourt with Alabi and Valanciunas would be downright scary with a combined wingspan of about 14'11''.
    Alabi was touted as having a decent midrange shot by coach Thorpe when he was interviewed by PHD steve earlier this season so maybe he could play up high and val could play low?

Leave a comment:

• JYFelony
    replied
    Nice to hear, hopefully it's true.

Leave a comment:

• RAPresenting
    replied
    Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    I have been pulling for Solo 100% I hope he gets decent shot next season. Here is some footage of him in the D League. Gotta love the passion.

The first dunk is routine and ordinary... Now that second dunk...... Sick, wicked and nasty!!! lol

Leave a comment:

• RAPresenting
    replied
    Great to hear that Alabi is making some progress. Hopefully there is a season and we can see a 4 man rotation of Dre, Davis, Amir and Alabi and watch their development. If Alabi proves to be a player the Raptors have some solid assets going forward in the front court.

Leave a comment:

• SitnonDfence
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    downright scary with a combined wingspan of about 14'11''.
    I wasnt sold until you put it like that...Lakers wingspan 14' 7" and i consider them quite long...

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    only Bargnani and Davis were mentioned as PFs, could Amir be on the out?
    It's not someone from the raptors and Bargnani/Davis were mentioned as being able to play the 5 spot. No talk about the PF.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    only Bargnani and Davis were mentioned as PFs, could Amir be on the out?

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    all of sudden raptors front court is STACKED.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Besides, we don't know who are going to develop into good players. Jonas could play PF as well assuming he develops a jumper (which i doubt Alabi will do). With a lot of ifs in the development department ... a frontcourt with Alabi and Valanciunas would be downright scary with a combined wingspan of about 14'11''.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    hateslosing wrote: View Post
    This is the third time I've read a report this summer that Alabi may be a decent player next season. I'm actually starting to get a little excited about this. Having a 7'1", 250 lbs center with good length showing some improvment is always nice. My question is, if Solo is actually good enough to start at the end of next season (I'm skepticle) what happens with Jonas?
    You bring him over and thank your lucky stars you have so much depth. JV is going to take time to get used to the NBA and he still has a lot of developing to do.

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    Nothing happens w/ JV he'll get his minutes as a rookie. IF he is able to equal or surpass Alabi, then alabi goes to the bench to is used in a trade.

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    I have been pulling for Solo 100% I hope he gets decent shot next season. Here is some footage of him in the D League. Gotta love the passion.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Alabi was widely projected as a Top 20 pick.
    Some had him going as high as 14th.
    That's one pick after we got Ed Davis.

If he can start to show even half of what Scouts saw before his injury, he could absolutely be a legit Starter in the league.

7'-1", 250lbs is nothing to snicker at.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Aug 2, 2011, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    This is the third time I've read a report this summer that Alabi may be a decent player next season. I'm actually starting to get a little excited about this. Having a 7'1", 250 lbs center with good length showing some improvment is always nice. My question is, if Solo is actually good enough to start at the end of next season (I'm skepticle) what happens with Jonas?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X