Valanciunas - 18 minutes - 14pts 7 rebs vs Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valanciunas - 18 minutes - 14pts 7 rebs vs Russia

That was a nice first basket he got. And I don't know why people are complaining about his athleticism. It's excellent for a C.

That's excellent numbers he put up in such little time.

Comment

Where are the cynics? I'm always interested in the gripes on Jonas.

First U19 didn't count.

Then the Czech's seniors were a weak team.

Now a good showing versus Russian senior team.

(I brought this from other thread)

Comment

Awesome! JoVa is tearing it up. this kid is only 19 and i cant wait to see his game when his body matures. I bet cleveland is kicking themselves now. BC u sneaky SOB ... well played sir... well played.

Comment

Love it. The guy plays every game like he's got something to prove.

Comment

This is good news once again. I am starting to come around on this kid. I recently read someone compare him to Tim Duncan and after watching some of Duncan's college highlights I can't disagree. The main difference is that Duncan had a better array of ball handling skills, craftiness and fundamentals from 12 feet and in (he was also older coming out of college than Valanpenis). But as far as height, defence and athletic ability I think the two are very comparable.

My only questions about this russia game is 1. What was his shooting %? and 2. Why did he only play 18 minutes? was it foul trouble or that they were getting blown out?

Comment

The complete box score can be found here (translated from Russian):
              http://translate.google.ca/translate...b53334&act=url

He played only 18 minutes, but he had 5 fouls. I'm betting that this was why his minutes were cut back. He did shoot 83% though (5/6) and was 100% (4/4) from the FT line.

Here is a nice block on Kirilenko:

Comment

The more I see the more I like!
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Here is the full game:

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    First U19 didn't count.
                    U19 still doesn't count

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                      U19 still doesn't count
                      What was the reasoning there again?

Comment

BC has gained my respect

Comment

BC had balls to pick this kid while the euro basket hate in toronto is big , most of the bloggers around here had their 'race' shameful rants ready and lots lost my respect ... he will prove himself, he always wants to prove himself

Comment

MillerRegent wrote: View Post
                            This is good news once again. I am starting to come around on this kid. I recently read someone compare him to Tim Duncan and after watching some of Duncan's college highlights I can't disagree. The main difference is that Duncan had a better array of ball handling skills, craftiness and fundamentals from 12 feet and in (he was also older coming out of college than Valanpenis). But as far as height, defence and athletic ability I think the two are very comparable.

My only questions about this russia game is 1. What was his shooting %? and 2. Why did he only play 18 minutes? was it foul trouble or that they were getting blown out?
                            I watched the game earlier today his stat line was 14 points on 5/6 shooting 4/4 from the free throw line with 7 rebounds and a block. He didn't play in the second quarter and he came off the bench in this game. Apparently the coach for the Lithuanian team is trying different line ups and Jonas is competing for playing time with the other C's on the team. That's why he only played 18 minutes today. Jonas might play less seeing as the coach hasn't seen all of the bigs for the team play big minutes yet.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              The complete box score can be found here (translated from Russian):
                              http://translate.google.ca/translate...b53334&act=url

He played only 18 minutes, but he had 5 fouls. I'm betting that this was why his minutes were cut back. He did shoot 83% though (5/6) and was 100% (4/4) from the FT line.

Here is a nice block on Kirilenko:

scary how he landed after that block. I really appreciate the hustle. He plays with a lot of passion and intensity... but I hope it doesn't translate to hyper-extended knees and turned ankles... an exhibition game is not worth the injury, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X