X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Here we go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LasiL4NYA-Y
    "I think, like this" ... haha, nice kid - and I bet he will show up in 2012-13 with some improved English.
    His English may improve, but even in Lithuanian he speaks slowish and with a bit of a (country) accent. He think he's going to be one of those show by doing rather than talking guys.

Comment

I think you're all reading to much into it, to be honest.

I think he picked Bosh to compare JV to partially because of the Toronto connection. Plus there always seems to be one player that every young prospect coming up gets compared to if there's even a semblance of commonality in their games. In the early 2000's, it seemed like every young player who was between 6'9 and 7 feet with some skill got compared to KG.

It's quite possible that Bosh will become the default comparison for the next few years.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        I think you're all reading to much into it, to be honest.

I think he picked Bosh to compare JV to partially because of the Toronto connection. Plus there always seems to be one player that every young prospect coming up gets compared to if there's even a semblance of commonality in their games. In the early 2000's, it seemed like every young player who was between 6'9 and 7 feet with some skill got compared to KG.

It's quite possible that Bosh will become the default comparison for the next few years.
        I agree completely. While it's not a great comparison, there are obviously similarities. The fact is that NO ONE is a great comparison for Valanciunas. Especially since none of us have seen his full game. I've heard he's got a good midrange jumpshot, but only seen it once or twice.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Lithuania vs Spain game is starting in 10 minutes (JV might play). You can find live stream here:
          http://www.lshunter.tv/basketball-li...ing-video.html

Comment

Working...
          X