Perry Jones interview - would be upset if Toronto drafted him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    As for the riot, I don't like hockey, anyway, but from what I gather that riot had as much to do with the hockey game as the English riots had to do with the shooting.
    Hahah Soo the first 10 minutes then?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Hahah Soo the first 10 minutes then?
      When guys show up already prepared with masks and incendiary devices, I think it's pretty safe to say they already knew what they were going to do.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

on the flipside i would be upset if we drafted perry jones

(i didn't read the thread i apologize if that joke was made already)
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I'm not sure what rioting has to do with anything. I'm speaking about fans being sensitive to anything they perceive as a slight. And I'm actually from Toronto, originally, so it's not like I'm going on hearsay. Remember when Antonio Davis mentioned the metric system?
          to be fair, most people weren't upset with antonio davis for that... it was less "how dare he say that!?!?!" and more "oh jesus christ, he's an idiot"

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            And saying "Raptor fans have to get over this sensitivity" is far too general.
            Like I said, his comments would insite the exact same reaction from ANY fanbase, so I'm not sure this has anything to do with being overly sensitive because of previous wrong-doings by other players.
            Well fanbases in general have the mentality of a 12 year old, so those comments would probably incite the same sort of reaction, but Raptors fans (and Torontonians in general) are very insecure and get easily offended at the stupidest shite.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              Well fanbases in general have the mentality of a 12 year old, so those comments would probably incite the same sort of reaction, but Raptors fans (and Torontonians in general) are very insecure and get easily offended at the stupidest shite.
              grouptherapy?

Comment

I bet Jones got hassled (or hassled in his mind at least) when he came through customs on this trip and that was still fresh in his mind when he said this crap. Or, he's a dumbass. Neither story would be overly shocking to me.

Although it does set up a potential Steve Francis-esque draft night meltdown if the Raptors decide to take him next year, so that's kind of exciting.

Comment

Maybe I'm being too cynical here, but I think one thing we should consider is that these players, even before going pro, are pampered and spoiled beyond what we as average normal people might define being spoiled and pampered.

And as a result, some of these guys may be used to getting things when they want them, and quickly. Waiting in line at security/customs for an hour might feel like an "inconvenience" for us but for these spoiled kids it could feel like torture.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    grouptherapy?
                    Nah, everyone should just stop being such pansies, but it's unlikely that that will happen since most western society has been conditioned to be just that.

Anywho...you guys ever notice that it's only black basketball players that seem to have a problem with playing in Canada?

Comment

Anywho...you guys ever notice that it's only black basketball players that seem to have a problem with playing in Canada?
                      Careful ... hahaha

Comment

just sayin bro

lol

Comment

Nah, everyone should just stop being such pansies, but it's unlikely that that will happen since most western society has been conditioned to be just that.

no its just the ones with the big ego's that think their "all that" Aka lebron. But i thinks its just americans in general (no offense to any americans). They just hate Canada, but when they visit they realize how f*cking amazing it is, which causes them to hate us more. Eventually when we start makin the playoffs and stuff we'll earn the respect and shut the haters up.

Comment

we should probably change the subject to something else that would be less of a "hot button subject" and completely unrelated to the issue of race. like something NOT connected to race one bit.

i suggest the following:

have you ever noticed that the portions of fried chicken in restaurants are much smaller in canada than in the u.s.? and our cups of grape drink are much much smaller?

see, has nothing to do with race AT ALL.

Comment

Raptors fans are no different than fans anywhere else.

Any fan of any team in any sport would take offense to a player, or future player, saying they wouldn't want to play for their team.

As much as people love to believe Raps fans are different, they aren't.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                                Raptors fans are no different than fans anywhere else.

Any fan of any team in any sport would take offense to a player, or future player, saying they wouldn't want to play for their team.

As much as people love to believe Raps fans are different, they aren't.
                                MOst fans are like that, to a degree, but Raptor fans are the worst.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X