ESPN.com Roundtable: 5-on-5 Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN.com Roundtable: 5-on-5 Toronto Raptors

Just reading thru this now, but I figured I'd post it up, and maybe give my thoughts later.

ESPN.com Roundtable: 5-on-5 Toronto Raptors

These are usually a pretty good read though. They're going through every team in the league. Raps were today. I was actually looking forward to this all week as well. Let's see what the 'experts' think ... back in a sec.

Who's Sam Holako?!

He's one of us apparently!!

Comment

Is that a joke? He's been around for a long time.

Comment

I thought Thorpe had the most cogent answers alongwith Holako.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          I thought Thorpe had the most cogent answers alongwith Holako.
          Thorpe's responses actually jumped out at me as well.
          He seemed to have the most realistic viewpoint of the Raptors progress, in my opinion.

Not only that, he seems to be pretty high on JV as well!

With Holako, you could tell that he's got his ear to the ground and has a good read on the pulse of the fanbase.

Comment

"J.M. Poulard, Warriors World: Fiction. He currently projects to be a cross between Spencer Hawes and Primoz Brezec -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, the Raptors already have a poor rebounding 7-footer taking up most of the minutes at center."

Is this guy implying JV is a poor rebounder?? lol Those comparisons are pretty weak too...

*Note to self* Never visit the Warriors blog site...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              "J.M. Poulard, Warriors World: Fiction. He currently projects to be a cross between Spencer Hawes and Primoz Brezec -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, the Raptors already have a poor rebounding 7-footer taking up most of the minutes at center."

Is this guy implying JV is a poor rebounder?? lol Those comparisons are pretty weak too...

Ya that guy came of as severely ignorant and uninformed.

I think he picked Hawes and Brezec because they kiinda look alike.

Comment

I always find the comments on ESPN stories awesome. The level of discourse makes the front page comments section on RR look like a forum of intellectual giants...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Ya that guy came of as severely ignorant and uninformed.

I think he picked Hawes and Brezec because they kiinda look alike.
                  I hate in when people make comparisons based on appearance! It happens all too often these days...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

If I remember correctly that was the pre-draft assessment on NBAdraft.net or some site. Some of these guys are really lazy and unprofessional about their answers nevermind the plagiarism.

lol I found the reference.....my memory isnt so bad!!

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...as-is-the-next...

Comment

I really really hate NBAdraft.net but still find myself going back there a lot. haha
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        I really really hate NBAdraft.net but still find myself going back there a lot. haha
                        I find myself often frustrated with them as well, but they are far better than Draftexpress in my opinion.
                        At least in terms of mocks and comparisons.

DE you get a bit more Scouting.

But I've always respected David Thorpe's opinion, and was surprised to hear how big he was on Jonas. Was good to see.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          NBADraft.net is more for the average fan who just want basic scouting reports on players. I go there if I want a quick breakdown of a player I might not know well. DraftExpress is geared more towards the professional aspect of scouting, hence why they are used by the pros.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                          X