DeMar DeRozan wants to be the leader of the franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar DeRozan wants to be the leader of the franchise

This is what I like to hear, hopefully DeMar is gonna take over games down the stretch, until Bargs gets his shit together defensively.
    Last edited by e2thed; Sat Sep 17, 2011, 07:27 PM.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

I Want to see some clutch game winners next season!

Comment

I hope he's as outspoken in the locker room.
      No use telling the media you want to be a leader if youre not going to lead in the locker room and on the floor.
      But its awesome to know he is willing to take on that role someday, hopefully, someday starts next season.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I Want to see some clutch game winners next season!
        Me too. I dont think we've seen any exciting game winners since the VC era.

Comment

He can start his leadership by posting a video of the Dunks he didnt get to do at the dunk contest already!! it's been 3 weeks since he said he'd do it in the next couple weeks.

Comment

@tbihis because Bargs missed every single game winner last year!!

Demar showed that he wants to have the ball in his hands last year too and hopefully they give him an opportunity to impact the outcome of games in the 4th quarter instead of defaulting to Bargnani in late game situations
            Last edited by IROR; Mon Sep 19, 2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
              ... until Bargs gets his shit together defensively.
              Don't hold your breath

Comment

i wonder if casey will see this, and if so..will he do anything about it?

Comment

If he wants to be the leader than he needs to be the hardest worker on defense. Good timing for a guy like Dwayne Casey to show up.

Comment

Raptor leadership

To be honest, when I read the headline "Demar wants to be the leader of the franchise", the cynical part of me came out. I felt that Demar needs to demonstrate a better game first, then we can talk about becoming the leader.

Then I watched the video, and his exact quote was ... "a leader on the team". That may seem like semantics, but it's more representative of what I want out of DeRozan. As the No. 2 scorer who has past defensive issues, his statement sounds more like he wants to prove his value, by improving the aspects of the game that have been lacking - including defense and 3 point shooting. That to me, is more demonstrative of being a leader.
                    Last edited by RapthoseLeafs; Wed Sep 21, 2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      Me too. I dont think we've seen any exciting game winners since the VC era.
                      TJ vs. the Clippers was exciting just watch Sam's reaction. Your right though there haven't been many late game heroics in recent memory. Only other two that come to mind is Bosh vs the Hawks and Dre vs. the Bobcats.

Comment

Before TJ got slapped by Horford he was capable of delivering exciting clutch performances. I do think that in the next draft the Raptors need to land a big time play maker/scorer at PG or on the wing.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Before TJ got slapped by Horford he was capable of delivering exciting clutch performances. I do think that in the next draft the Raptors need to land a big time play maker/scorer at PG or on the wing.
                          Myck Kobongo and Harrison barnes!

Kobongo+Barnes+Raptors= Championship contenders!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Myck Kobongo and Harrison barnes!

Kobongo+Barnes+Raptors= Championship contenders!
                            Quincy Miller is also another choice for the wing position as well. From what I've heard he's humbled himself after his ACL in jury in highschool.

Comment

DG88 wrote: View Post
                              Quincy Miller is also another choice for the wing position as well. From what I've heard he's humbled himself after his ACL in jury in highschool.
                              I don't want to draft anyone with a history of ACL injuries. Especially one as serious as his was.

I don't want another TJ situation, where we see what he could have been, and what we could have gotten, and then end up with a shell of the man we acquired.

Like I said in an earlier thread, even if we somehow get the #1 pick, I would still take Harrison Barnes.
                              Last edited by Joey; Thu Sep 22, 2011, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X