X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Check

The reality is as such;

The Raptors have tried to bring in "sure things" and great talent and its failed because you need better pieces around them. Nobody here can't say they weren't pumped when news of Turk coming to town was the story of the day, I was for sure because he was a killer clutch player, actually my favorite player in the NBA before he came to Toronto. What happened? he got to Toronto realized the franchise was a joke and f*cked the dog for a pay cheque. The Raptors will never win anything and never amount to anything more than a farm team for the rest of the NBA. Nobody takes them serious and nobody wants to play in Toronto cause its lame, can you blame them? no. So lets keep on wishing we bring in Gortat, Chandler or whoever wants to get over paid to under-preform and do it all over again.

The only solution I can think of is if Canada was able to expand the NBA brand to other cities that could support NBA teams. That way Toronto wouldn't be this anomaly in the league, but for now Toronto is the lonely pimply faced nerd at the NBAs prom that nobody will dance with.

Keep Dreaming.

Sincerely a disenchanted Raptors Fan

Winning changes everything. If you can't sign meaningful free agents, then built through the draft...one game changer on draft day changes everything (Durant, Rose). The Raps are going to be making a huge pick next June that will change your outlook I'm sure

Comment

you call yourself a raptor fan? please... wheres your persistence? theres only 1 nba champion a year, and in nba history only a handful of organizations have won it. I understand its tough, but if you turn back on your team during the rough times, and quit because we are at the low of a rebuilding phase, you will never experience the real feeling of becoming a fan. One day the raps will get better, and we will be respectable (and with our young core im excited it may be soon), and when we do it will be the loyal fans who get to personally say "this is my team". Go ahead and turn back on your team but don't impose your cowardice on the faithful fans.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        you call yourself a raptor fan? please... wheres your persistence? theres only 1 nba champion a year, and in nba history only a handful of organizations have won it. I understand its tough, but if you turn back on your team during the rough times, and quit because we are at the low of a rebuilding phase, you will never experience the real feeling of becoming a fan. One day the raps will get better, and we will be respectable (and with our young core im excited it may be soon), and when we do it will be the loyal fans who get to personally say "this is my team". Go ahead and turn back on your team but don't impose your cowardice on the faithful fans.
        this.

Also, no I was not pumped for turks coming here at all. Not at all.

Comment

I understand the disenchantment, but let's talk about Turkoglu first. He has ALWAYS been a frustrating player. San Antonio realized his laziness fairly quickly, which is why he stay only a year. He's never never come close to fulfilling his potential because he's never been much of a hard worker. In Orlando, he wasn't nearly as good as his reputation. He only had one good season, and the season before he joined Toronto was so disappointing that I predicted he wouldn't opt out. And then he had some playoff heroics and everyone forgot about the regular season.

In Toronto, he actually produced pretty much what he always has. The only thing, per minute, that really went down from Orlando was his shot attempts. The problem with Turkoglu in Toronto was not how he performed, but that people actually expected more out of him than. Had Toronto made the playoffs and he made a few clutch plays, everyone would have forgotten the regular season just like in Orlando.

In other words, the problem with Turkoglu was that he was incredibly overrated and overpaid.

As for the Raptors, like Iror says, winning changes everything. If they add some real talent over the next season or two, then they've got a chance to give the franchise some respectability. The difference between the Clippers and Lakers isn't respectability. It's good management. If Colangelo makes some good moves, then Toronto has as much chance as anyone to become a contender, and with that, respectability.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Your ideas about why Turkoglu was so bad are flawed. Actually the only thing you mentioned that was even remotely true was that he "f*cked the dog for a pay cheque" If Toronto was the reason he was so bad then why didn't things improve in Phoenix or even when he got sent back to Orlando? It's because this is who he is. He'll ride out the rest of this contract, pick up a vet's minimum salary to try to win a championship an then he's done. He even sucked playing for his national team this year. Do you think he did it because he hates his country liek you claim he hated the Raptors? If you dare say yes then you're more stupid than your post suggests.

Toronto has a lot to offer. The only problem is we haven't won. if christie, mcgrady, vince and stoudamire had stayed, things could have been different. they all had personal agendas (save christie, i'm not 100% sure on his story) and left. We've got a group of young guns with a lot of potential that want to be in there. They've got raptors pride and if we left them grow we'll have a brighter future.

PS. if you hate the raptors so much then why do you post or even browse a site dedicated to them?

Comment

Geez, you guys need to lay off the guy simply for saying how he feels. I don't know which is worse, his attitude or the ones who say he isn't a real Raptor fan because he's frustrated.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Geez, you guys need to lay off the guy simply for saying how he feels. I don't know which is worse, his attitude or the ones who say he isn't a real Raptor fan because he's frustrated.
                Venting about his frustrations if one thing. His thoughts on the organization and its past is his opinion. But by telling us to "keep dreaming", etc, like the Raptors are never gunna be a winner and we should give up? C'mon, make a blog site at least, don't post that stuff on a dedicated fan site.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                  The reality is as such;

The Raptors have tried to bring in "sure things" and great talent and its failed because you need better pieces around them. Nobody here can't say they weren't pumped when news of Turk coming to town was the story of the day, I was for sure because he was a killer clutch player, actually my favorite player in the NBA before he came to Toronto. What happened? he got to Toronto realized the franchise was a joke and f*cked the dog for a pay cheque. The Raptors will never win anything and never amount to anything more than a farm team for the rest of the NBA. Nobody takes them serious and nobody wants to play in Toronto cause its lame, can you blame them? no. So lets keep on wishing we bring in Gortat, Chandler or whoever wants to get over paid to under-preform and do it all over again.

The only solution I can think of is if Canada was able to expand the NBA brand to other cities that could support NBA teams. That way Toronto wouldn't be this anomaly in the league, but for now Toronto is the lonely pimply faced nerd at the NBAs prom that nobody will dance with.

Keep Dreaming.

Sincerely a disenchanted Raptors Fan
                  He's a TROLLLLLLLL, BURN HIMM!!!

Comment

There are already threads of this theme which have more constructive leading posts...

Comment

Working...
                    X