Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan Interview: "My three-point shooting has been a lot better"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DeRozan Interview: "My three-point shooting has been a lot better"

    Source: National Post

  • #2
    So DD goes from pissing himself over the though of shooting a three pointer, to a confident spot-up, catch and shoot, anything goes 3 point shooter? I want to believe him but I will believe it when I see it.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think what he's saying is he's turned himself into a multidimensional player by training, practicing and playing 24/7 since the lockout started. I don't think you're going to see a Michael Redd emulation on the court this season. You're going to see a slasher who can now hopefully punish defenders who try to back off him to stop the dribble drive.

      Comment


      • #4
        i hope he doesn't get confident enough in his 3 pt shot that he takes a turn towards the jamario-zone

        Comment


        • #5
          Or a matured Vince Carter. A guy with amazing athletic gifts and touch around the rim who finds his one true love, jump shooting.

          Comment


          • #6
            Kobe+VC= DeRozan

            Comment


            • #7
              I see you've been "massaging" the Raptors player stats in 2k12.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's definitely encouraging to hear...but I wish there was mention of DeRozan making a conscious effort to improve his defense too (although, I admit that's easier said than done in "pick up" games).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  It's definitely encouraging to hear...but I wish there was mention of DeRozan making a conscious effort to improve his defense too (although, I admit that's easier said than done in "pick up" games).
                  Defense isn't reeeally something he can work on Fully until he gets to work with Casey I imagine.
                  And I'll bet Casey has PLENTY for him to work on.

                  And like you said, playing these pick up games doesn't allow any room to 'work on defense', let alone the fact that you can't practice defending the best, until you're on the court everyday doing it. His defense will come soon enough.
                  But I can't see much improvement while the lockout is still going strong.

                  Shooting however... well that only requires self discipline and practice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think the Raptors are the type of team who could get off to a fast start in a shortened season. Defense probably going to be lacking across the league out of the gate. Casey may give them a little boost on D and then they have a lot of talent to score the basketball. Shootouts play more to the Raptors' roster strengths right now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I think the Raptors are the type of team who could get off to a fast start in a shortened season. Defense probably going to be lacking across the league out of the gate. Casey may give them a little boost on D and then they have a lot of talent to score the basketball. Shootouts play more to the Raptors' roster strengths right now.
                      Was thinking this myself actually.

                      If we can come out in Top-Notch form ready to run, I think the young guys might have an advantage on those 3 games in 3 nights.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i beefed up DeMars stats in 2k12. Improved his 3 point shooting to 70(a guess) increased his weight to 225 and threw in some specialty dunks. 360 2 hand, windmill, tomohawk etc...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          P What did you know about Jonas Valanciunas before the Raptors drafted him, and what have you learned about him since?
                          DD I really didn’t know much about him. But ever since we drafted him, I’ve tried to pay attention to what he’s doing. And he’s doing well. It’s been good to see. I think that’s going to be helpful, especially whenever he comes over to the team. He’s already playing at a high level. The things he’s doing — scoring, rebounding, blocking — they are great, and that’s what we need.

                          NP Is that what the team needs most: an anchor at centre?
                          DD Yeah. That’s one aspect that we were really hurting at last year. Once we get that going, I think we should be fine.
                          Translation: Bargnani, you sucked. OUCH.
                          Sorry, i dont want to turn this into a Bargnani thread, but that definitely had to be pointed out.

                          I have a feeling Demar is going to do wonders next season. He's working on his game, he's got the attitude now
                          I have to make sure the guys on the team are prepared and ready to get it started whenever it starts back. Just be a leader.
                          and the floor is his to excel.

                          All-Star Demar perhaps?
                          Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Oct 18, 2011, 04:50 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Was thinking this myself actually.

                            If we can come out in Top-Notch form ready to run, I think the young guys might have an advantage on those 3 games in 3 nights.
                            They didnt win against the Nets in London...and those were semi-back to back games that went triple OT.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              tbihis wrote: View Post
                              They didnt win against the Nets in London...and those were semi-back to back games that went triple OT.
                              Yeah, but some douche named Triano was coaching that team

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X