Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto getting a charity game?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Toronto getting a charity game?

    Source

  • #2
    Very cool. Another reason why we gotta keep these guys around.
    They are aware and appreciate how loved they are in the City, and they give it back. They have been fairly consistent with that.
    This is just bigger and cooler I guess. haha

    Comment


    • #3
      They'd need some real hype stars to come in if they really want to pull it off... A few NBA stars, maybe Beiber and Drake? That's the only way I see it really flying. It would easily be sold out if they got those two involved.
      The Double Champ is here!
      Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
      Raptors: Larry O'Brien

      Comment


      • #4
        wow, this would be a welcome break from the depressing NBA news of late. I hope it comes to fruition - I know I'll buy a couple of tickets.

        BTW, where do you think they would be able to hold this kind of thing? Ricoh?
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

        Comment


        • #5
          The first two guys who came to mind were Kevin Durant and Brandon Jennings. Both are in DeRozan's circle. This is a great idea by the way.

          Comment


          • #6
            RaptorDan wrote: View Post
            wow, this would be a welcome break from the depressing NBA news of late. I hope it comes to fruition - I know I'll buy a couple of tickets.

            BTW, where do you think they would be able to hold this kind of thing? Ricoh?
            Carter used to sell out the ACC for his charity games back in the day.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Carter used to sell out the ACC for his charity games back in the day.
              Yeah, but the Air Canada Centre is under MLSE rule, who own the Raptors, who are locking out the players, so it would be tough to imagine that MLSE would allow access to that site to the players. Ricoh could be off limits too. With that being said, I think the Powerade Centre in Brampton or Hershey Centre in Mississauga would be on the short list of locations to host the event.

              Comment


              • #8
                They could do it in the Rogers Center. I mean the Raptors used to play there at one time after all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  They could do it in the Rogers Center. I mean the Raptors used to play there at one time after all.
                  LOL. Worst venue ever. I remember sitting in the 500 level for Raptors games. Just awful.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    LOL. Worst venue ever. I remember sitting in the 500 level for Raptors games. Just awful.
                    SOOO bad. I remember there were seats where you actually couldn't see the whole court. So bad.
                    I don't see why they wouldn't be able to hold it at the ACC, as long as there's availibility.

                    There's nothing stopping a Not-for-Profit charity of their choosing from renting out the Venue, and asking people to play basketball there in front of an audience. Has nothing to do with NBA.. kinda. haha

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      But the players are not to enter any team facilities. The ACC is a team facility. Who knows how those works out for sure though? Joey, you could be right. Tough call here. I mean if DeRozan wants to go watch a Leafs game he's not allowed? That doesn't make sense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Apollo wrote: View Post
                        But the players are not to enter any team facilities. The ACC is a team facility. Who knows how those works out for sure though? Joey, you could be right. Tough call here. I mean if DeRozan wants to go watch a Leafs game he's not allowed? That doesn't make sense.
                        Hmmm True ... Ya then I don't know. I figured as long as it wasn't an NBA-related, it would be fair game, but you raise a good point with the Maple Leafs game... muddy waters indeed.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think as long as they're not using the facilities to work out or do any type of business, they can have access to the ACC...and Ricoh.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            I think as long as they're not using the facilities to work out or do any type of business,
                            This was my understanding as well.

                            And has Ricoh EVER been configured for Basketball?? haha

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              I think as long as they're not using the facilities to work out or do any type of business, they can have access to the ACC...and Ricoh.
                              In the NFL the players weren't allow on site at all as far as I know but I'm not sure if "site" included the stadiums.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X