Triano's Dad Charged With Sexual Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano's Dad Charged With Sexual Assault

As reported in the Toronto Sun. Kinda' sad for Jay, though. That must really suck. Good thing the season didn't start. The media would have boners and wet kitties over this. Poor guy wouldn't get one Raptor question. ***.

NIAGARA FALLS, ONT. - The father of former Toronto Raptors coach Jay Triano faces several sex-related charges involving children.

Niagara Regional Police said they received information earlier this month regarding a complaint of a sexual assault against a young girl.

During the investigation, police said they learned of further allegations of sexual offences committed against another girl, said to have occurred within the last five years.

Howard "Howie" Triano, 78, was arrested Thursday and charged with two counts each of sexual assault and sexual interference.

Triano is scheduled to appear in St. Catharines court on Friday for a bail hearing.

The elder Triano is a highly respected sports figure in the southern Ontario community, where he hails. He played for the Canadian national basketball team in the 1960s before taking up a career in education.

He became a member of the Niagara Falls Sports Wall of Fame in 1996.

Jay Triano, his son, also played and coached the Canadian national basketball team. He also coached the Raptors from 2009 to this year, when his contract was not picked up.
    LINK: http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/25...h-sex-offences
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

What's with all these high profile diddlers these days? Sicko's...

Comment

You know i've always wondered why it's little boys. it seems you rarely here of a string of little girls getting raped.

it's fucking disgusting either way.

but, curiosity has me wondering.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It was a little girl, in this case.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Feel for the children and Jay. This is a sickness that needs to be rooted out from our institutions where the victims are so vulnerable. A difficult thing to do. Vigilance and strict guidelines on interaction is an absolutely must to begin with.

Goes to show that these are people who otherwise are feted and considered pillars of their communities (Sandusky included). Thats whats so disturbing.

Comment

holy fuck.

Comment

Disgusting. Absolutely horrible. Like Bendit said, best wishes to the children and the Triano family. Jay's father has some major problems and at age 78 it's hard to imagine how long he may have gotten away with this. Unfortunately I would not be shocked if more kids are discovered to have been abused by this sicko.

Comment

atleast hes not our coach anymore lol
                ya dun noe

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  You know i've always wondered why it's little boys. it seems you rarely here of a string of little girls getting raped.

it's fucking disgusting either way.

but, curiosity has me wondering.
                  These kind of charges usually involve various degrees of touching not rape.

Comment

It always pisses me off that when a chick does this sort of stuff they get off pretty easy couple years of jail and maybe a couple years of parole but when a guy does this they it turns into a national/internation story and they get locked up for decades. So much sexism in society/legal system.

There is also a double standard in assault cases, if a guy hits a gal they get shunned by everyone and lot bigger legal mess and if a gal assaults a guy usually nothing happens and at most they go court and get minimum sentence (if any)...

/rant
                    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Nov 26, 2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X