Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    The problem of playing an undersized player at center (whether it's Amir or Davis) is the toll it takes on his body throughout the course of a full season. The last thing we'd wanna see is a significant injury to one of these guys.

Alabi might be all that's required as a stop-gap until Jonas arrives.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Yeah, Ed.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Next year, our draft pick from last June, center from Lithuania Jonas Valanciunas will join the team. As for now, the Raptors really got a hole at the 5 spot. Assuming we need someone else than Andrea to start at the center position and that we want Ed to develop as a 4, and also the fact that signing a center in the market to be our starting one does not really make sense, do you think Amir could be the man to start at 5 this upcoming season? The team could trade Bargnani for another pick and a backup center with a lot of teams (Charlotte with Diop, Phoenix with Lopez, etc...). At the same time, it would free up cap space for next summer. What y'all thinking?
    I think it's going to be Ed. His main goal this summer was to add 20-30lbs of muscle. His old man was going to be pushing him all summer. He's had a couple extra months of build his body. My money is on him coming to camp bigger than Amir. I think he's going to be the best bigman on defense and on the glass this season.

Leave a comment:

• WhatWhat
    replied
    He basically was last season.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Really, I don't have a problem with it. I know some people are going to have a problem because they feel he'll get killed down there because he's not big enough, but really who cares? Is it going to make a whole lot of difference in the long run? The team is not going to compete anyway and he did defend a number of the better centers last year. Theres no real point in going out and signing someone to basically fill the spot for one year.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    started a topic Amir Johnson as our starting center?

Amir Johnson as our starting center?

Next year, our draft pick from last June, center from Lithuania Jonas Valanciunas will join the team. As for now, the Raptors really got a hole at the 5 spot. Assuming we need someone else than Andrea to start at the center position and that we want Ed to develop as a 4, and also the fact that signing a center in the market to be our starting one does not really make sense, do you think Amir could be the man to start at 5 this upcoming season? The team could trade Bargnani for another pick and a backup center with a lot of teams (Charlotte with Diop, Phoenix with Lopez, etc...). At the same time, it would free up cap space for next summer. What y'all thinking?
Working...
X