Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chisholm: What to do about the C position? Forget Tyson Chandler (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV. Now. Get it done.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      In Marc Stein's and Chad Ford's amnesty discussion for all teams in the league, this was written, uh oh:

Source: Chad Ford, Marc Stein, ESPN.com

If the Raptors can package Ed Davis and a 2013 first round pick to a team for an unprotected 2012 first round pick, sign me up.

Ideas:

ED, 2013 pick to Detroit for Jason Maxiell, 2012 pick unprotected

ED, 2013 pick to Philadelphia for Nocioni, 2012 pick unprotected

ED, 2013 pick to Cleveland for Boobie Gibson, 2012 pick unprotected

ED, 2013 pick to Charlotte for Diaw, 2012 pick unprotected

Are you kidding me? Why would you give up on Ed Davis? he has a high cieling, get rid of Amir Johnson or Bananna first.
      Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• Buschfire wrote: View Post
        Are you kidding me? Why would you give up on Ed Davis? he has a high cieling, get rid of Amir Johnson or Bananna first.
        I guess the question would be does he have a higher ceiling than the players available with either of Detroit's, Philly's, Cleveland's or Charlotte's unprotected 2012 picks. If Toronto could get Cleveland's pick and have two chances at first pick out of eight, and the high likelihood of picking twice in the first five???

Comment

• Buschfire wrote: View Post
          I don't agree with the trades, but I think the idea is that Davis simply has more trade value. I do agree with you, though, that I'd trade Bargnani and Amir over Davis.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            I don't agree with the trades, but I think the idea is that Davis simply has more trade value. I do agree with you, though, that I'd trade Bargnani and Amir over Davis.
            Why would someone want Amir and Bargs over Davis :-)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Why would someone want Amir and Bargs over Davis :-)
              I don't think they would, but I don't think you should trade you more valuable asset. Especially when it's a guy I feel is a building block for a Championship team. I'd rather get something less for Bargnani than get more for Davis.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                I guess the question would be does he have a higher ceiling than the players available with either of Detroit's, Philly's, Cleveland's or Charlotte's unprotected 2012 picks. If Toronto could get Cleveland's pick and have two chances at first pick out of eight, and the high likelihood of picking twice in the first five???
                You nailed it, Puffer.

8 of the top 10 projected draft picks at this time in a strong draft are power forwards.

Ed Davis looks to be a good player in the making but I think Raps fans have overvalued his worth.

Comment

• The Warriors are also believed to be willing to Amnesty cut Andris Biedrins to create room to sign free agent Tyson Chandler, which might improve their odds of getting Paul to agree to something more than a rental.
                  If this happens, I would put a bid in on Biedrins. $3M per season? I think that would be reasonable.

Comment

If this happens, I would put a bid in on Biedrins. $3M per season? I think that would be reasonable.
                    Obtaining Biedrins in isolation, seems to complicate things. With 3 years left on his deal, he simply creates more confusion in our already crowded front court. How do we split 96 minutes over 6 players (Davis, Amir, Bargnani, Alabi, Valanciunas and Beidrins)?

But I assume you're thinking such a move would trigger another move (or two) involving either Davis, Amir, and/or Bargnani.

Comment

• I remember a time when the Raptors were so desperate for big men that they were starting the likes of Loren Woods. Having too many good big men is a good problem to have. It can easily be sorted out.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Obtaining Biedrins in isolation, seems to complicate things. With 3 years left on his deal, he simply creates more confusion in our already crowded front court. How do we split 96 minutes over 6 players (Davis, Amir, Bargnani, Alabi, Valanciunas and Beidrins)?

But I assume you're thinking such a move would trigger another move (or two) involving either Davis, Amir, and/or Bargnani.
                        Yes, to either acquire a position of need or another draft pick.

Comment

• Ahhh shucks... Nene isn't coming

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
                          Leandro Barbosa walked in to the ACC. I asked him if his Brazilian buddy Nene was signing with Toronto. "No man, it's too cold." #raptors
                          I wonder if Wolstat bothered to mention he has played in DENVER for the last 8 years..... DENVER.... you know the ROCKY MOUNTAINS.... it certainly isn't cold there yet that didn't stop him from raking in over $60M, meeting his wife, and settling there.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Chandler is nothing but fool's gold. If we overspend to acquire this guy, the only thing it'll prove is that Colangelo doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Finding a defensive centre for one inconsequential season is not a high priority if we have our defensive centre arriving next year. I'd rather have Calderon play the 5 this year than overspend on Chandler.
                            I agree partly, I was all for Chandler last year, but now it doesn't make sense, especially when rumours are he is looking for $13-15M a year. However, I would definitely look at actually taking the 66 games to look/develop/give up on Alabi who has supposedly improved. At the least he gains experience to become a solid long-term backup.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I wanted to add some more thoughts to the above:

- This whole scenario, for me, depends on Bargnani. If he doesn't become the player we all wish he would, then it fails. If he does become the player we all wish he would be then, in my opinion, he would be an All-Star. History is not on my side here but, for the reasons listed above in #2, I'm putting my faith in him.

- A wing to go after, in case the Raptors cannot get one in the draft, would be Wilson Chandler. He is starter material in the NBA. When he becomes available in March, the Raptors should keep the new $2.5M exception and give it all to him for one year. Why? Hopefully no one else will be able to offer as much money for the last 15-20 games for the season (that would be the equivalent of $7.5-10M for a pro-rated contract). Also the Raptors would then have Birds Rights* in re-signing him meaning they could offer an extra year and 7.5% raises versus 4.5%. (*I am assuming this to be the case, I could be wrong but I don't think so).
                            Actually I think you are incorrect here Matt, I believe you must have a 2yr+ contract before Bird rights exist. I seem to remember this from Matt Barnes' Laker contract. I think this is the case specifically to prevent the 1yr contract to create the Bird rights. Now I could be wrong but I think this is the case. At least in the old CBA...

Comment

I wonder if Wolstat bothered to mention he has played in DENVER for the last 8 years..... DENVER.... you know the ROCKY MOUNTAINS.... it certainly isn't cold there yet that didn't stop him from raking in over $60M, meeting his wife, and settling there.
                              I know, it pisses me off when they talk about the weather, that is the same as New York, Chicago, NJ, Milwaukee, Minny...with less snow than the last 2.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                                I agree partly, I was all for Chandler last year, but now it doesn't make sense, especially when rumours are he is looking for $13-15M a year. However, I would definitely look at actually taking the 66 games to look/develop/give up on Alabi who has supposedly improved. At the least he gains experience to become a solid long-term backup.

Actually I think you are incorrect here Matt, I believe you must have a 2yr+ contract before Bird rights exist. I seem to remember this from Matt Barnes' Laker contract. I think this is the case specifically to prevent the 1yr contract to create the Bird rights. Now I could be wrong but I think this is the case. At least in the old CBA...
                                You may not be exactly right but I think there is something about time which makes you much more right than me!

Comment

Working...
                                X