Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors.com: Dwayne Casey One-on-One, Part 1 and 2

Source: Raptors.com

Leadership and rim protection is huge. Veteran leadership that's going to set the tone defensively and in the locker room. That player will bring a degree of professionalism, because again, we're a young team. The one thing I want to do is change the culture to a defensive mentality and that's uncomfortable sometimes, so we probably will need a veteran to come in and help change that culture to that defensive mentality. You do need that leadership, but we need someone who still can play.

Source: Raptors.com

that interview gave me a giant erection
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

sounds like we're getting chandler
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

that was great. Can't wait for pre season

Comment

Four comments:

1. Very refreshing to hear that Casey has done his due diligence with last season's game tape. I would've killed to be a fly on the wall in his living room while watching some of the atrocities we witnessed last year.

2. If there was any doubt in Colangelo's mind about offering Tyson Chandler a contract, I bet Casey did everything in his power to sway him.

3. As much of a reputation Casey has as a "defensive coach", he clearly hasn't forgot about the importance of offense (unlike Kevin O'Neil). That was a relief to hear.

4. I'm very curious about the possible trade scenarios that have been discussed. We've heard about the free agent targets (i.e. Nene, Gasol, Chandler), but I wonder who else Colangelo/Casey have their eyes on. But like every Colangelo off-season, the fear is that he gets too excited, and mortgages the future by chasing overpaid, under-performing players.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Four comments:

1. Very refreshing to hear that Casey has done his due diligence with last season's game tape. I would've killed to be a fly on the wall in his living room while watching some of the atrocities we witnessed last year.

2. If there was any doubt in Colangelo's mind about offering Tyson Chandler a contract, I bet Casey did everything in his power to sway him.

3. As much of a reputation Casey has as a "defensive coach", he clearly hasn't forgot about the importance of offense (unlike Kevin O'Neil). That was a relief to hear.

4. I'm very curious about the possible trade scenarios that have been discussed. We've heard about the free agent targets (i.e. Nene, Gasol, Chandler), but I wonder who else Colangelo/Casey have their eyes on. But like every Colangelo off-season, the fear is that he gets too excited, and mortgages the future by chasing overpaid, under-performing players.

I totally agree he has made numerous bad decisions in the past with contracts.

The difference this time around is through salary cap space can be easily acquired with use of the amnesty if needed (I'd prefer the trade route though for expiring contracts). Signing Gasol or Chandler to a $10.5M contract and trading Calderon for expiring contracts or using amnesty on him gives the Raptors the same amount of cap space next summer as they already would have.

Comment

Good Interview.

Nice to see when it came to the coaching staff he mixed a bit of new and old coaches

Also nice to hear that Casey once worked with JV's current coach. That should help JV's transition to North America be a little smoother. (learning english and what not)

As much as Colangelo says he may keep the status quo for this season. I hoping he will acquire some cheap, veteran, defensive presence that can help towards changing the atmosphere of locker-room and of the Raptors as a whole to a more defensive-first or defence-minded team.

Comment

Working...
              X