SOURCE: Raptors Looking at Chuck Hayes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOURCE: Raptors Looking at Chuck Hayes

Might be an interesting addition. Thoughts?

Free agent forward Chuck Hayes has five teams expressing strong interest in him and his agent told FOX 26 Sports Hayes could be ready to make a decision by the weekend.

"The teams that are involved with Chuck Hayes are the Portland Trailblazers, the Toronto Raptors, the Houston Rockets, the Sacramento Kings and the Minnesota Timberwolves," Calvin Andrews said.

"That's our focus right now."

Andrews said he's had two conversations with Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and is expecting to speak with him again on Thursday.

Andrews said there is no frontrunner at this point, but talks have reached the serious stage.

"I would say we have agreements on ranges with some people," Andrews said.

Free agents cannot sign contracts until Dec. 9.

Andrews was asked what he and his client need to do next.

"Take final offers and make a decision," Andrews said. "I can see us having an idea what he wants to do in the next 48 hours."
    Source - Click here

hes a great defender and passer. would be cheap and when val is ready could be excellent depth. if we don't go out and sign gasol or chandler, he's my next favorite choice.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

his FT shooting is awful, though. wouldn't want him on the floor with Ed during crunchtime.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'd have no problem going with Chuck Hayes if Bargnani is traded as soon as possible. He would be a good stop gap and would mean the Raptors are going for the 'build through the draft' approach i.e. playing for top 3 pick.

Comment

I love what Chuck Hayes is about on the court. No nonsense blue collar worker. Bring him in and retain Reggie and I'm a happy man with free agency for this season.

ceez wrote: View Post
          his FT shooting is awful, though. wouldn't want him on the floor with Ed during crunchtime.
          If the guys are in crunch time and they need to put the ball in his hands on offense then there are bigger worries than his FT shooting.

Comment

I know this is slightly off topic, but still I don't understand how a 6'6" guy can average over 8 rebounds per game and 7' Bargnani can only get 5. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Does Chuck Hayes have flubber in his shoes?
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

anytime you can reach for a 6'6" centre, when you already have 4 guys 6'10'' (or taller) on the roster, and a 7' potential stud stashed in europe for a year...well, you've gotta do it.
              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Chuck Hayes? The 28 y/o six foot six "center"?

I suppose they could do worse and sign Reggie for 3 guarenteed years, but I think we can do better than that...

Every player that we sign to fill the roster should be

A) a legit-sized player who is 25 or under and has some potential growth

OR

B) a Derrick Martin type who is great in the locker room/teaching young players and most importantly has no issues being a DNP-CD for 50 games this year.

Some possibilities for A-list could be Afflalo, Forbes, Cunningham, Jerebko, Chalmers, Brandon Wright, Daequan Cook, Earl Clark, Belinelli, Gray, Ajinca, Julian Wright, Fesenko, Hamady N'Diaye, etc

Some possibilities for B-list could be Anthony Parker, Foster, Ratliff, Battie, Joe Smith, Boykins, Marcus Banks, Mbenga, Elson, etc

Either Way no long contracts and no big contracts PLEASE BC/Steph!
                When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Don't judge Hayes by his height, he is completely fundamentally solid, extremely strong and plays with the heart of a lion.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I know this is slightly off topic, but still I don't understand how a 6'6" guy can average over 8 rebounds per game and 7' Bargnani can only get 5. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Does Chuck Hayes have flubber in his shoes?
                    Chuck Hayes is a true center at 6'6 and Bargnani is a PF at 7'1. That's what management tells me, so it must be true. Get with the program dude and start chugging the kool-aid.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      It is off-topic and there's a dedicated thread for it elsewhere. I'm with you on this by the way.

Comment

As Raptors fans, we should all be well aware by now of the irrelevancy of height at the centre position.

The Chuckwagon is the guy you put one-on-one vs. the other team's best forward/center if you want to make sure they have a tough time scoring. You'll take the 8 rebs/28 mins too. Probably not a 35 min/game player, but with JV coming up next year, that only makes him an even better fit.

Comment

The Chuckwagon. Nice.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Chuck Hayes = younger Reggie Evans.

Would be a good pickup at the right price. I don't care how tall you are, if you bust your ass and have a nose for the ball, you can be a great rebounder.
                            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Charles Barkley 6'6" 11.7 rebounds per game.

Dennis Rodman 6'6" 13.1 rebounds per game.

Comment

Working...
                              X