No announcement yet.

SOURCE: Raptors Looking at Chuck Hayes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just bring back Reggie instead of this guy?

Comment

I don't know last time Portland wanted a player and we took him instead it didn't work out so well

Comment

TSN3 wrote: View Post
        Yeah I'm against adding Hayes as well. Not only is he essentially the same player as Reggie or Joey Dorsey, but he's also not the rim protector that we're looking for to play alongside Bargs. This is supposed to be the year that BC pairs Bargs with a true C to see if he can be part of this team in the long-term as a PF, so a Hayes/Bargnani frontcourt would not show us anything we haven't seen already.
        As the days go by, it seems more likely that the "defensive center" everyone was talking about will be either Davis or Alabi. If Hayes is signed, it will be for backup purposes.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
          Chuck Hayes = younger Reggie Evans.

Would be a good pickup at the right price. I don't care how tall you are, if you bust your ass and have a nose for the ball, you can be a great rebounder.
          He is not Reggie.

His game is way more well-rounded not to mention he plays smarter.

Edgar wrote: View Post
          ......at power forward. Not Center. Not interested in any PF's. Even Blair.
          Blair is a centre any way you look at it. His skillset: no midrange game, slow speed, paint camping, etc. is that of a prototypical centre
          Last edited by Prime; Sun Dec 4, 2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            As the days go by, it seems more likely that the "defensive center" everyone was talking about will be either Davis or Alabi. If Hayes is signed, it will be for backup purposes.
            I'd be ok with an apparently stronger second year Davis as our starting centre. That'd probably be the only way for him to get the minutes he needs anyway if both he and Amir are still on the roster come opening night. As for Alabi, I think we'll just have to wait and see if he really is a different player this year, but if he is he might be a good fit as our backup centre.

Comment

Very impressive for a 6'6" C:

ZachLowe_SI Zach Lowe
              Opponents shot 37% in the post against Chuck Hayes last season, per Synergy. One of the best marks in the league.

Comment

Working...
              X