• Show
Clear All

• ceez
    replied
    The Chuckwagon>Reggie

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I love Chuck, but do the Raptors need another PF? Sure he played center for the Rockets, but that was because they didn't have anyone else - however he's really a PF. Just like Reggie was last year. And to go after both of them? That's just insane... that would be six bigs (Amir, Davis, Bargnani, Alabi, Hayes, Reggie), and one in europe (JV). Where you only have one true center (Alabi), and that's only because Bargnani wants to play his 'natural position'.

If Chuck is signed for 2 years and is asked to play center and he's cool with that, then that works for me. But if you get Chuck, you don't need Reggie (and vise versa).

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Charles Barkley 6'6" 11.7 rebounds per game.

Dennis Rodman 6'6" 13.1 rebounds per game.
    And Barkley was closer to 6'4" than 6'6".

Leave a comment:

• jeff_hostetler
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    Chuck Hayes, for one.
    Blast! You beat me to it by like 3 seconds.

Consider me down for Chuck Hayes. And bring back Reggie.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Chuck Hayes, for one.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Still, it's not the norm and I think the league has gotten bigger since the early 90's. Also, the league rules have changed. Any modern examples?

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Charles Barkley 6'6" 11.7 rebounds per game.

Dennis Rodman 6'6" 13.1 rebounds per game.

Leave a comment:

• jimmie
    replied
    Chuck Hayes = younger Reggie Evans.

Would be a good pickup at the right price. I don't care how tall you are, if you bust your ass and have a nose for the ball, you can be a great rebounder.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    The Chuckwagon. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• jrdyck
    replied
    As Raptors fans, we should all be well aware by now of the irrelevancy of height at the centre position.

The Chuckwagon is the guy you put one-on-one vs. the other team's best forward/center if you want to make sure they have a tough time scoring. You'll take the 8 rebs/28 mins too. Probably not a 35 min/game player, but with JV coming up next year, that only makes him an even better fit.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    I know this is slightly off topic, but still I don't understand how a 6'6" guy can average over 8 rebounds per game and 7' Bargnani can only get 5. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Does Chuck Hayes have flubber in his shoes?
    It is off-topic and there's a dedicated thread for it elsewhere. I'm with you on this by the way.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    I know this is slightly off topic, but still I don't understand how a 6'6" guy can average over 8 rebounds per game and 7' Bargnani can only get 5. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Does Chuck Hayes have flubber in his shoes?
    Chuck Hayes is a true center at 6'6 and Bargnani is a PF at 7'1. That's what management tells me, so it must be true. Get with the program dude and start chugging the kool-aid.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Don't judge Hayes by his height, he is completely fundamentally solid, extremely strong and plays with the heart of a lion.

Leave a comment:

• Edgar
    replied
    Chuck Hayes? The 28 y/o six foot six "center"?

I suppose they could do worse and sign Reggie for 3 guarenteed years, but I think we can do better than that...

Every player that we sign to fill the roster should be

A) a legit-sized player who is 25 or under and has some potential growth

OR

B) a Derrick Martin type who is great in the locker room/teaching young players and most importantly has no issues being a DNP-CD for 50 games this year.

Some possibilities for A-list could be Afflalo, Forbes, Cunningham, Jerebko, Chalmers, Brandon Wright, Daequan Cook, Earl Clark, Belinelli, Gray, Ajinca, Julian Wright, Fesenko, Hamady N'Diaye, etc

Some possibilities for B-list could be Anthony Parker, Foster, Ratliff, Battie, Joe Smith, Boykins, Marcus Banks, Mbenga, Elson, etc

Either Way no long contracts and no big contracts PLEASE BC/Steph!

Leave a comment:

• yertu damkule
    replied
    anytime you can reach for a 6'6" centre, when you already have 4 guys 6'10'' (or taller) on the roster, and a 7' potential stud stashed in europe for a year...well, you've gotta do it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X