James Johnson back in town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Johnson back in town

James Johnson arrived an hour or so ahead of Davis and talked about the work he did to expand his offensive game.

“As soon as I heard the lockout was over, the first thought for me was just to hurry up and drive (from Ohio) and get into the facilities,” Johnson said.

“It really gives you a judge of what you’ve got going, the shots that you’ve been working on all summer. My shot feels consistent, but it’s going to take more and more jumpers and I’ll be here every day just getting acclimated back to the Raptors’ facilities.”

Johnson said he was also looking forward to getting after it defensively under new head coach Dwane Casey.

“I like to play an all-around game, not only just on the offensive end but definitely pick it up on defence. That’s (Casey’s) mindset, and that’s definitely my mindset,” he said.

“I’m not afraid to work harder than my opponent and I think that starts on the defensive end.”

What is Johnson planning to prove?

“Letting everybody know that last year isn’t going to happen this year,” he said.

“We have guys that can score the ball, but you can’t win ball games without stopping anybody on the defensive end.”

The Raptors have certainly proven that point over the past few seasons.
    Source: Toronto Sun
Working...
X