Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors a "serious" suitor of DeAndre Jordan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors a "serious" suitor of DeAndre Jordan?

If the Los Angeles Clippers are content to have restricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan(notes) bring them back an offer sheet to match, the line of suitors is long and serious, league executives said. The Toronto Raptors, New Orleans Hornets, Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors and Minnesota Timberwolves are teams with salary-cap space considering multiyear offers for Jordan.
    Source: Yahoo Sports

Not a real strong connection, we have some cap space and could use a center....

I am not really sold on Jordan anyway, decent rebounder and shot-blocker, but the guy shoots free throws worse than Reggie Evans.
    Last edited by WJF; Sun Dec 4, 2011, 10:00 PM.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

While I like them going after a young big man like Jordan more than older guys like Chandler and Nene, I still don't see the point. What happens next year when Valanciunas comes? The front court is already crowded. Do they sign Jordan only to trade him? You can't pay Jordan the amount of money it would take to steal him away from the Clippers (and the other teams) only to platoon him.

I have a feeling this rumour is about as solid as the ones about Chandler.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think they'd sign Jordan and trade someone else if it's true. Someone like Amir Johnson or Andrea Bargnani. Maybe they assume JV can play PF? I think it would be a fair assumption.

Comment

He's my favorite FA big man! I will be seriously enthralled if they do actually get him. Not really counting on it though.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

They'd probably have to amnesty Calderon or Johnson or Bargnani to get it done.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              They'd probably have to amnesty Calderon or Johnson or Bargnani to get it done.
              Amnesty Calderon, trade Bargnani and sign Jordan. Then when Valanciunas comes, and the draft happens, they can figure out what they need to do then. I'd be up for that. I can't see it happening, but I'd be up for it.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

why amnesty Jose, if he has one year of his contract?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I think they'd sign Jordan and trade someone else if it's true. Someone like Amir Johnson or Andrea Bargnani. Maybe they assume JV can play PF? I think it would be a fair assumption.
                  If this is serious then they might be thinking as you say that JV might be better suited playing PF (his lack of weight but high agility and offense) ...at least to begin with. It would also mean a restacking of the deck chairs and trading what are decent assets like Davis or Amir and yes our favourite Bargs. Personally I think Jordan is better than Chandler at the same age. He shoots a bad pct. at FTs but hopefully he can improve at this. I couldnt care less about his offense otherwise.

Comment

I don't get this one either. When JV comes, then what?
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      I don't get this one either. When JV comes, then what?
                      Trade JV? lol

Comment

You guys have heard of depth right? You really think big Val is going to be playing 40 minutes a night the first couple years he's here?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don`t think you can go wrong with getting Jordan. He is young and fits all the criteria we are looking for in a center,no? Marc Gasol would also fit this criteria and all of it would be a part of the rebuliding process. It gives us a season where they can legitimately evaluate Bargs as a PF and trade him or someone else (if he pans out as his new position). Neither of these young centers are going to get worse in the coming years and they could be used as trade bait if we decide we want to go with Valanciunas long-term. it makes sense to get one.

Comment

I don't see the problem with this. The kid is 23, he's a legit 5 and he would be a defensive anchor for this team for years. Amnesty Calderon and trade Bargnani. When Valanciunas comes over, he can play the 4. Besides, Colangelo likes his players who are interchangable - something Jordan and JV can be. We're trying to slowly become a defensive minded team - and Jordan fits the bill. Jordan is a nice piece who can "grow" with the young core on this team.

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                              why amnesty Jose, if he has one year of his contract?
                              Because if you don't there isn't enough cap space to sign him.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X